threexgreen

FSHud Performance Latest Beta Build

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Currently I use 200/200 and use performance balancer to achieve a target FPS around 60. It’s a bit similar to how AutoFPS adjusts TLOD. 

30/20 is the optimal in terms of smoothness on my rig - but the former is not bad.

Why use 200/200? With an FPS threshold you're never going to get anywhere near that (and if you did, your CPU would probably catch fire :biggrin:).

I sent a ticket the other day, still working on that stutter issue.

Edited by threexgreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just now, threexgreen said:

Why use 200/200? With an FPS threshold you're never going to get anywhere near that (and if you did, your CPU would probably catch fire :biggrin:).

Haha 😆 Still experimenting, perhaps I should keep the fire extinguisher nearby 😉

My logic is that it will allow me to have as much traffic as my system can handle, which will vary a lot between different airports. E.g. flying from a smaller airport to a major hub. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

On 4/14/2024 at 8:17 PM, threexgreen said:

Not everyone has a 40-series card though and frame generation doesn't work in VR anyway. I'm sure that with FG performance is fine, but these are different use cases. With 50/50 I typically see FPS dropping from 42 to around 29, which makes a huge difference in VR. I think that's quite a performance hit on a 7950X3D and shows FSHud is definitely hard on performance. These numbers are from a dedicated test scenario btw with no programs running that would hit the CPU, other than the sim itself and the PMDG 737.

I have the same graphics card as you running the FSR3 mod.

Hello guys, so just quick updates: 

I didnt have anymore FPS degradation using frame generator and balancer. I did 3 sectors no problems at all and not anymore huge using of CPU (just some cases for calculation!).

22 hours ago, Brocky120 said:

I have the same graphics card as you running the FSR3 mod.

FG doesn't work in VR though, so that's unfortunately of no use to me.

20 hours ago, Nick1991 said:

I didnt have anymore FPS degradation using frame generator and balancer. I did 3 sectors no problems at all and not anymore huge using of CPU (just some cases for calculation!).

This is perhaps what's happening to me with regards to my stutter issue. But that's also the reason I still think something isn't right with CPU usage. Using the same fixed traffic settings, why would CPU usage increase more and more over time until the sim is unflyable? It's locking up the CPU completely. I don't think this should happen with the balancer off.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)

Where did you learn how to use this program? I bought it yesterday but apart from the very short and very summarized User Guide I couldn't find a real Manual or tutorial available on my computer. There's not much on YouTube...

PS: Forget it. In fact, the User Guide is perfectly fine!

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Where did you learn how to use this program? I bought it yesterday but apart from the very short and very summarized User Guide I couldn't find a real Manual or tutorial available on my computer. There's not much on YouTube...

It's so simple you don't need instructions 🙂

Well, I must confess the only complaint I have regarding FSHUD, which I started using with P3D v5 and v6 and now with MSFS 2020, is that it requires an active Navigraph subscription if you want it to refer to up-2-date navigation databases, otherwise reverting to somewhere around 2012 or the like.... 😕  It could at least save the latest version of your database, in case you do as I do and opt for monthly Navigraph subscriptions when I want to use Navigraph...

Other than that, not being as sophisticated in the amount of interactions it simulates as probably other products are, it's just plain simple and works out of the box with no quirks at all, and it makes it rather easy to get the ATC also controlling the AI.

I am now using it also with the amazing FSLTL traffic injector. I asked for support here before doing so:

Using FSLTL and FSHUD...? - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

but now I can't go back 🙂

You can check this informative interview with the FSHUD developer:

Developer Interview: How FSHud - Air Traffic Control 1.3 Aims To Fix MSFS ATC - FSNews

and yet another interesting article:

FSHud Receives Significant Updates to Improve in-sim ATC - FSElite

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Using the same fixed traffic settings, why would CPU usage increase more and more over time until the sim is unflyable? It's locking up the CPU completely. I don't think this should happen with the balancer off.

Could there be something else causing this? I guess you’ve already determined that it doesn’t happen without FSHud. Just remember a while ago there were a lot of people struggling with performance degradation over time. Although that was perhaps more prominent on longer flights.

Are you on SU15 beta?

Btw, since I got a new headset the other day, the audio has been all over the place with FSHud running. Had to shut it down during a video recording I did. It’s not relevant to this thread though. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

PS: Forget it. In fact, the User Guide is perfectly fine!

Nevertheless... 😉 A very recent video from the dev himself.

Started to use FSHud again yesterday and, yeah, I do think it's pretty good. Was great to use it again! 🙂 (Or better said: it IS great to use it again!)

Edited by tup61
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Started to use FSHud again yesterday and, yeah, I do think it's pretty good. Was great to use it again! 🙂 (Or better said: it IS great to use it again!)

I had a long break from FSHud and started using it again recently. I’ve been positively surprised by how much it has evolved. The performance balancer is a clever implementation, and the the traffic separation feature will probably keep improving.

Think I read yesterday that there will be ASFS integration as well.

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Think I read yesterday that there will be ASFS integration as well.

It's there already! I might buy ASFS because of this: my previous temporary ATC solution didn't support ASFS so I wasn't too interested but now I am using FSHud again I certainly am. I always longed for historic weather (for those days I want to fly in Norway but am sick and tired of the snow LOL).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tup61 said:

It's there already! I might buy ASFS because of this: my previous temporary ATC solution didn't support ASFS so I wasn't too interested but now I am using FSHud again I certainly am. I always longed for historic weather (for those days I want to fly in Norway but am sick and tired of the snow LOL).

It's working fine. I've already made a few flights with FSHud and historical weather in ASFS and FSHud reads the weather correctly. ATIS by FSHud matches the ASFS weather and runway assignments are appropriate.

Btw I assume the lack of ASFS support wasn't the only reason for you to quit the other product?

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, tup61 said:

It's there already!

Excellent!

@FSHud great video tutorial. I learned a few new things, and I might test with AIG over the next few days for offline traffic. Got all models and flight plans installed.

EDIT: another thing I noticed in the video was that it was recommended to set FSLTL parked aircraft to zero, as it will occupy gates, which could reduce the number of active flights.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

5 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

It's working fine. I've already made a few flights with FSHud and historical weather in ASFS and FSHud reads the weather correctly. ATIS by FSHud matches the ASFS weather and runway assignments are appropriate.

Btw I assume the lack of ASFS support wasn't the only reason for you to quit the other product?

Good to know about ASFS! Think I'll get it this evening!

And no, haha, that wasn't the only reason. Let's just say I wasn't a real good fit for the team. 😉 

• Like 1

One thing I can’t really wrap my head around, is that FSLTL needs to be running, but using AIG (which I haven’t tried yet), FSHud takes care of everything.