threexgreen

FSHud Performance Latest Beta Build

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

I asked this earlier on in the thread. I use AIG Traffic... I just purchased FSHUD and I'm not sure whether I need to run the AIG Traffic Controller or not? Also, in settings do the Traffic Source: BGL   AIG  External boxes have to be checked?

I think from the tutorial video by FSHud posted earlier in this thread, BGL is for default models and external for FSLTL. And it's possible to select several options at once. 

I would also like to hear from others that are successfully using FSHud with AIG as I haven't had a chance to try it yet. But AIG traffic controller should not be used, as per the tutorial video. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think from the tutorial video by FSHud posted earlier in this thread, BGL is for default models and external for FSLTL. And it's possible to select several options at once. 

I would also like to hear from others that are successfully using FSHud with AIG as I haven't had a chance to try it yet. But AIG traffic controller should not be used, as per the tutorial video. 

Perfect, thanks for that! I will watch the video as well.

• Like 1

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TomCYYZ said:

I asked this earlier on in the thread. I use AIG Traffic... I just purchased FSHUD and I'm not sure whether I need to run the AIG Traffic Controller or not? Also, in settings do the Traffic Source: BGL   AIG  External boxes have to be checked?

If you run FSHUD do not use AIG Traffic Controller.

Tick the AIG box only.

External is meant for FSLTL.

You can still tick the BGL option if you want ASOBO own AI models to also BE added, but from what I observed on some youtubers it's better to tick ONLY AIG.

Oops, Cpt_Piett had already answered... Sorry😕

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

If you run FSHUD do not use AIG Traffic Controller.

Tick the AIG box only.

External is meant for FSLTL.

You can still tick the BGL option if you want ASOBO own AI models to also BE added, but from what I observed on some youtubers it's better to tick ONLY AIG.

Oops, Cpt_Piett had already answered... Sorry😕

No worries, thanks for confirming that!

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

I tried FS HUD for the first time this weekend and apart from the rather torturous install (needed to install run times and do stuff in powershell to make it start) I actually really like how it works. The voices aren’t bad at all and it’s very easy to use.

The only drawbacks for me were it absolutely hammered my frame rate even at small airports, although I’m used to running with minimal AI due to my rig being quite outdated these days. Hopefully my 7800X3D/4080 Super combo arriving next week will solve that.

Secondly and most disappointing was the vectoring to final was hopeless. Not just poor, but on both flights literally I had vectors from downwind that put me 150 degrees off the localiser course. As I’ve read that one of the strengths of this program is very realistic vectoring, it’s a bit of a bummer. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bennyboy75 said:

I tried FS HUD for the first time this weekend and apart from the rather torturous install (needed to install run times and do stuff in powershell to make it start) I actually really like how it works. The voices aren’t bad at all and it’s very easy to use.

The only drawbacks for me were it absolutely hammered my frame rate even at small airports, although I’m used to running with minimal AI due to my rig being quite outdated these days. Hopefully my 7800X3D/4080 Super combo arriving next week will solve that.

Secondly and most disappointing was the vectoring to final was hopeless. Not just poor, but on both flights literally I had vectors from downwind that put me 150 degrees off the localiser course. As I’ve read that one of the strengths of this program is very realistic vectoring, it’s a bit of a bummer. 

Strange? FSHUD installs without any system prompt or manual copy of files being required. You use the FLIGHT1 wrapper, can opt there for the Beta version, and then, after following the rather comprehensive configuration steps in MFS, you're good to go.

The only batch file that also runs from a simple double click is FSLTL, but that's another app...

Regarding performance, in my now rather medium/low (see my sig) rig, it runs without any noticeale impact too...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Installed the complete AIG package and have no time left to fly LOL but at least I got ot for my next flight this evening. 😉 The ONLY bad thing I can say about FSHud is the approach vectoring... and I am not even talking about FSHud vectoring me (because so far it didn't, it had my flying the STAR and approach) but about FSHud vectoring the AI. During my last flight I only had about 3 or 4 active planes (didn't have AIG fully installed yet) but boy, I really got CRAZY of the CONSTANT vectoring of the AI... I heard the same callsigns being spoken 'a hundred times' in a row. It just didn't stop! And not only ATC's call but also the pilot's reply! That was really bad.

Good thing is you can lower the volume of the AI comms LOL and make it more a sort of background chatter in de distance...

But well, other than that: FSHud actually WORKS and is reliable so I love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Regarding performance, in my now rather medium/low (see my sig) rig, it rus without ay oticeale impact too...

Do you use the FG mod?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

35 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

Do you use the FG mod?

Nope! Used it for a while, but reverted to "good-old" DX11 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

Installed the complete AIG package and have no time left to fly LOL but at least I got ot for my next flight this evening. 😉 The ONLY bad thing I can say about FSHud is the approach vectoring... and I am not even talking about FSHud vectoring me (because so far it didn't, it had my flying the STAR and approach) but about FSHud vectoring the AI. During my last flight I only had about 3 or 4 active planes (didn't have AIG fully installed yet) but boy, I really got CRAZY of the CONSTANT vectoring of the AI... I heard the same callsigns being spoken 'a hundred times' in a row. It just didn't stop! And not only ATC's call but also the pilot's reply! That was really bad.

Good thing is you can lower the volume of the AI comms LOL and make it more a sort of background chatter in de distance...

But well, other than that: FSHud actually WORKS and is reliable so I love it!

Yes, at times that's crazy indeed ... 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

16 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Nope! Used it for a while, but reverted to "good-old" DX11 🙂

What settings in FSHud do you use? I'm wondering how you're not experiencing any noticeable performance impact.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Max ground 20, Max Active 25...

Reduce injected bellow 28fps, stop bellow 24 fps.

Using it with FSLTL, with "External" only being selected (no added BGL).

Main Simulation Rig:

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Max ground 20, Max Active 25...

Reduce injected bellow 28fps, stop bellow 24 fps.

Using it with FSLTL, with "External" only being selected (no added BGL).

28 FPS isn't that much then. I was expecting a much higher number. I personally don't want to go below 32-ish, which I usually achieve at a large airport with settings of 30/20, although the balancer stops injection before it gets anywhere near the full 30/20 limit.

But I've never seen it getting bellow 30 😁

Main Simulation Rig:

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I would also like to hear from others that are successfully using FSHud with AIG as I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

It’s working. Too bad FsHud completely messes up my audio mix when recording videos. Usually have to shut it down quite early, no idea what could be the cause. But issue is resolved once I close FSHud. Last flight I switched to AIG TC which takes forever to start).

4 hours ago, tup61 said:

Good thing is you can lower the volume of the AI comms LOL and make it more a sort of background chatter in de distance.

Just figured that out on my last flight! Impossible to compete with ATC when making a video 😅 I don’t blame FSHud for this, I just turn down the ATC “chatter” volume.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”