threexgreen

FSHud Performance Latest Beta Build

14 hours ago, TomCYYZ said:

I asked this earlier on in the thread. I use AIG Traffic... I just purchased FSHUD and I'm not sure whether I need to run the AIG Traffic Controller or not? Also, in settings do the Traffic Source: BGL   AIG  External boxes have to be checked?

You do not start the Traffic Controller and only the AIG box has to be checked in this case.

Posted (edited)

I think FSHud is really the leader at the moment in terms of ATC.  With these new AI handlers not able to control air traffic (isn't that the whole point?) on release.  I don't think performance is great, but I am only on a gaming laptop.  I manage fairly well at 45FPS with 15 at the gates and 15 active in terms of traffic. For now I ignore the vectoring and just follow my assigned STAR.  

Edited by Langeveldt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

I think FSHud is really the leader at the moment in terms of ATC.  With these new AI handlers not able to control air traffic (isn't that the whole point?) on release.  I don't think performance is great, but I am only on a gaming laptop.  I manage fairly well at 45FPS with 15 at the gates and 15 active in terms of traffic. For now I ignore the vectoring and just follow my assigned STAR.  

Agree. For now. 😉 If they can solve the vectoring it'll be even better. At least FHud works everytime all the time.

• Like 1

Short video from the developer:

• Like 5

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Short video from the developer:

Interesting background information! Must be really annoying if people blame your product for not working properly while the blame is on the scenery developers delivering sloppy work...

Posted (edited)

From what I understand, if you are using AIG Traffic: AIG Checkbox is selected, no need for AIG Traffic Controller.

If you want to use AIG Traffic models with FSLTL injector: External Checkbox is selected, no need for AIG Traffic Controller. 

So basically, anytime you are running FSHud, AIG Traffic Controller is not required. 

Sorry, saw someone already answered your question.

Edited by Tino
  • Like 1

Sante Sottile

6 hours ago, tup61 said:

Interesting background information! Must be really annoying if people blame your product for not working properly while the blame is on the scenery developers delivering sloppy work...

If it works with other ATCs (i.e., default, PF3, whatever), it's hard not to blame them.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

If it works with other ATCs (i.e., default, PF3, whatever), it's hard not to blame them.

Other ATCs don't care what taxi path you're using to get to the runway and if it is connected at all.

But to be honest as long as FSHud gives me "Speed 250" at FL230 i think there is some more work to do 🙂 - this is the most annoying part right now. But I like being "in a queue" either on takeoff or on approach. Thats immersive, no question about that.

But taxi is mostly correct - and have in mind that some custom airports are so badly developed that theres no chance to access their taxiways. I think both other competitors will have exactly the same challenges regarding this specific problem.

1 minute ago, techman said:

But to be honest as long as FSHud gives me "Speed 250" at FL230 i think there is some more work to do 🙂 - this is the most annoying part right now. But I like being "in a queue" either on takeoff or on approach. Thats immersive, no question about that.

But taxi is mostly correct - and have in mind that some custom airports are so badly developed that theres no chance to access their taxiways. I think both other competitors will have exactly the same challenges regarding this specific problem.

I think it was mentioned previously that all stuff around speed and vectoring is currently working on and would be fixed in next builds.
Besides that, it was important for us to emphasize problems that are not really under our control.

No problem at all. I know its Beta and I am providing all infos in your forum and through tickets. 

This was more like a "status report".

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How do we get a simbrief fligh plan into FSHUD? There is no simbrief notation in the settings.

IGNORE PLEASE: I found the error of my ways. Thanks

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

Posted (edited)

... but I do have another question. Using Pilot2ATC previously, when I filed a flight plan I would of course get the Deaprture SID & Arrival STAR and RWY if assigned. With FSHUD I get my SID procedure and RWY. My question is, I assume the Arrival will not be assigned until close to TOD, based on Arrival Weather conditions? At that point I assume I will load the Arrival procedure and RWY into the FMC and Navigraph Charts app. It's just that with Pilot2ATC I had all the arrival information (subject to change of course, which it has in the past) before starting the flight and I could create a fix in the FMC (Fenix A320) for a descent reminder. With FSHud I cannot do this as the arrival procedure\RWY is not known until around TOD, which normally is pretty close to my fix calculation anyway, ALT. loss x 4 (eg. 35 down to 9, 26 x4=104, say 110), I would start descent at 110nm from my fix waypoint. I would like to do this long before TOD.

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

2 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

... but I do have another question. Using Pilot2ATC previously, when I filed a flight plan I would of course get the Deaprture SID & Arrival STAR and RWY if assigned. With FSHUD I get my SID procedure and RWY. My question is, I assume the Arrival will not be assigned until close to TOD, based on Arrival Weather conditions? At that point I assume I will load the Arrival procedure and RWY into the FMC and Navigraph Charts app. It's just that with Pilot2ATC I had all the arrival information before starting the flight and I could create a fix in the FMC (Fenix A320) for a descent reminder. With FSHud I cannot do this as the arrival procedure\RWY is not known until around TOD, which normally is pretty close to my fix calculation anyway, ALT. loss x 4 (eg. 35 down to 9, 26 x4=104, say 110), I would start descent at 110nm from my fix waypoint. I would like to do this long before TOD.

Simbrief gives you a STAR and arrival runway, doesn't it? So use that for your calculations. Most of the time FSHud will keep the filed runway and STAR, unless weather or traffic dictate otherwise.

Apart from that FSHud assigns the STAR and arrival runway well before the TOD, so normally you have enough time to feed your FMC.