Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Payware Airports that need updates

Over and above the airports that need adjustments to the runway centreline markings, these are just a handful of improvements that I would like to see.....

• RD Presets EHRD Rotterdam - I do not have this airport, but the official trailer and other videos indicate to me that it needs a significant upgrade. The main terminal looks rather drab from what I can see, and the internal detail (if you can call it that) is utterly bare and lifeless. Not even close to the quality of their more recent efforts. I wanted version 2 of this airport in P3Dv4, but it falls short of what I expected to see in MSFS.
  • UK2000 EGNC Carlisle - I mentioned this during beta testing, and....whilst I understand the reasons for not doing so, I absolutely think that the external Solway Aviation Museum aircraft and exhibits should be accurately modelled. MSFS is a next generation flight simulator, and using what are (to be honest) pretty basic and unrealistic default assets is not what I want to see in payware addons. Those articulated truck models also need a major overhaul.
  • MS/Asobo EIDL Donegal - Not strictly a payware addon, but I would pay good money for an updated version of the main terminal with a beautifully modelled interior. Just a personal preference. I know that some of you will think that I am bonkers :smile:

I am sure that other AVSIM members will have a rather large collection of items that they would like to see improved in existing payware addons, so fire away!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Aerosoft KTNP 29 Palms....the midfield windsock is 180° wrong. I reported this a couple of years ago. It has never been fixed. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Over and above the airports that need adjustments to the runway centreline markings, these are just a handful of improvements that I would like to see.....

• RD Presets EHRD Rotterdam - I do not have this airport, but the official trailer and other videos indicate to me that it needs a significant upgrade. The main terminal looks rather drab from what I can see, and the internal detail (if you can call it that) is utterly bare and lifeless. Not even close to the quality of their more recent efforts. I wanted version 2 of this airport in P3Dv4, but it falls short of what I expected to see in MSFS.
  • UK2000 EGNC Carlisle - I mentioned this during beta testing, and....whilst I understand the reasons for not doing so, I absolutely think that the external Solway Aviation Museum aircraft and exhibits should be accurately modelled. MSFS is a next generation flight simulator, and using what are (to be honest) pretty basic and unrealistic default assets is not what I want to see in payware addons. Those articulated truck models also need a major overhaul.
  • MS/Asobo EIDL Donegal - Not strictly a payware addon, but I would pay good money for an updated version of the main terminal with a beautifully modelled interior. Just a personal preference. I know that some of you will think that I am bonkers :smile:

I am sure that other AVSIM members will have a rather large collection of items that they would like to see improved in existing payware addons, so fire away!

Why would you buy or use something that is not to your liking in the first place...

Edited by Delta111
Fixed for Reader

5 minutes ago, Delta111 said:

Why would you buy something that is not to your liking in the first place...

He didn't, the first is: "I do not have this airport".
The second is: "during beta testing".
The third is: "Not strictly a payware addon".

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Reader said:

He didn't, the first is: "I do not have this airport".
The second is: "during beta testing".
The third is: "Not strictly a payware addon".

It was rhetorical..Payware or Freeware..Ill fix it for you...

Edited by Delta111
Added

Yeah, there are a lot of airports that still need updates. I still end up getting CTD's around the Chicago area. I assume its DD scenery and airports since there is nothing else around there. Even flying out of JFK its fine...around Chicago area. Boom.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I assume you mean that the airport has terrain issues? Is this with PG on or off?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Another one......

• Gaya Simulations ENCN Kristiansand - there is a reason why they are called Runway Starts, and not Hold Short Starts

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

LatinVFR's KBWI.  There are numerous terrain irrregularities/surface undulations  along the east side of the airport.  15L/33R are affected about 1000 feet inside the 33R landing threshold.  Also affect the tarmac and taxiway heading to takeoff from both 29 and 33R.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Posted (edited)

I absolutely love UK2000's new EGNC ..... I'd wanted a payware version of that airport in the sim for years, for lovely, short, local test flights to/from Newcastle.  I hear what you're saying about the aviation museum though. It's not fab but I don't look at it too often.  And yes the Eddit Stobart trucks 🙂  Still the main buildings and ground area is great I think, for the price.   (I don't have high standards for airports - in fact I'd prefer more bundles of 'lite' airports, at a reduced price).

I find the terrain is a mess on quite a few of the included handcrafted airports, undulating all over the place, as someone said like a rollercoaster.

In my (usually unpopular) opinion, I find the Burning Blue Designs airfields greatly overrated, with dull, low res textures and signage on the buildings.  They have tons of detail, but most look like they're from FS9.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

17 hours ago, fppilot said:

LatinVFR's KBWI.  There are numerous terrain irrregularities/surface undulations  along the east side of the airport.  15L/33R are affected about 1000 feet inside the 33R landing threshold.  Also affect the tarmac and taxiway heading to takeoff from both 29 and 33R.

LatinVFR's TJSJ: Similar ground issues and terribly inaccurate parking spot placements.

Posted (edited)

Aerosoft Cologne-Bonn and iniBuilds Cologne-Bonn The most major change is currently being implemented in the real world. Due to the shifting of the magnetic heading RW32/14L and R will be renamed after 60 years to 31/13L and R with the next AIRAC on Thursday. This needs to be reflected in the signage in the sim as well.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JYW said:

In my (usually unpopular) opinion, I find the Burning Blue Designs airfields greatly overrated

And 'expensive'.

Recently bought BBD's EGTH aerodrome for £14.40 and realised Pilot Plus' EGGD international sells for £13.39. Much prefer Pilot Plus' add-ons for UK scenery.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter