Sign in to follow this  
eslader

Anyone figure out how to keep settings yet?

Getting pretty tired of having to re-set my settings every week or so because MSFS gets amnesia. Anyone figure out why this is happening and more importantly, how to stop it yet?

• Like 1

Haven't lost my setting ever! MSFS stores them on the "cloud". One way to assure accessibility to you "cloud" setting is to keep your xbox app and windows are up to date. Also make sure no 3rd party antivirus programs blocking anything 

• Upvote 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

28 minutes ago, eslader said:

Getting pretty tired of having to re-set my settings every week or so because MSFS gets amnesia. Anyone figure out why this is happening and more importantly, how to stop it yet?

nope , same here annoying !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

never  had  this  issue as of  yet,  steam user

• Upvote 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

19 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I’m still having to reset to full screen from windowed mode every time I launch MSFS. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Sounds very familiar 🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eslader said:

Are you on the beta? I had this about three updates ago, all good now.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Yep I have the same problem. Before opening MSFS start the XBOX app, login and then start the sim.

Is this an MS Store issue? I'm on Steam and I set my controls, settings and everything back when the sim launched and never had to redo them, ever. Only graphical settings need some changes after I've re-installed Windows and the sim.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Another Steam user here. Never had to change or reset anything after the initial set up all those years ago. The current window resizing is annoying but I know it will get fixed with SU15. All my other settings are exactly as they always have been. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

40 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Is this an MS Store issue? I'm on Steam and I set my controls, settings and everything back when the sim launched and never had to redo them, ever. Only graphical settings need some changes after I've re-installed Windows and the sim.

yes it looks like MS store issue only

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

4 hours ago, sonny147 said:

yes it looks like MS store issue only

Perhaps, but only for a subset of users. Has anyone identified a common reason?

BTW, the reversion to windowed mode on startup is a known problem that impacts everyone. I recall reading somewhere that a fix was in the works for SU15. The workaround is alt-ENTER to switch to full screen.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Yep, MS Store, not on the beta.

I did notice that it keeps the controller profiles, but switches them to default rather than whatever you were running. And this last time it trashed all my graphics settings, set all assistance toggles to easy-mode, and put me back on that stupid tooltip-for-every-control scheme.

Interesting about the Xbox store. I'll experiment with that. You'd think if it wasn't finding the cloud saves on the Xbox store it would default to local storage but...

44 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

Perhaps, but only for a subset of users. Has anyone identified a common reason?

BTW, the reversion to windowed mode on startup is a known problem that impacts everyone. I recall reading somewhere that a fix was in the works for SU15. The workaround is alt-ENTER to switch to full screen.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I'm a MS Store user on the SU15 beta and no longer suffer from this, as I said above they fixed it about two udates ago.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

9 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I’m still having to reset to full screen from windowed mode every time I launch MSFS. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

IIRC this will be corrected with SU15

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5