1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

in MSFS sim loaded and at airport. Toolbar top right COG icon. Click and lists all available widgets. ASFS is on my list near top and when selected adds BLANK square widget to my toolbar. Clicking toggles ASFS injection on and off. Latest beta.

ok  not  on  beta  iam  on  the  stable  version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

ok  not  on  beta  iam  on  the  stable  version

I recall HiFi releasing one of the betas fast to fix the problem people were having with a toolbar hider app (I actually installed that app when they said it worked fine). They said issue was fixed but maybe they added this ghost button and caused a new issue? A few people there have same injection issue I'd bet a $ that this caused it.

My problems started yesterday with PREVIOUS beta. I fresh installed the latest which has same issue. 

Screenshot of blank widget here

Edited by sloppysmusic
beta note - added hifi link

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I tried again the last Beta with active mode on and live weather.
Now the clouds are much better, before they looked like 2d clouds.

23 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Now the clouds are much better, before they looked like 2d clouds

I agree I'm not much for hyperbole but on this approach yesterday with 8878 I was 'blown away'. One of those defining sim moments for me of seeing something amazing

ASFS beta 8878 OrbX LOWI Approach FSW L35

• Like 7

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I am at FL 320..Using Active Sky Preset,   So much for no high altitude clouds. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I agree I'm not much for hyperbole but on this approach yesterday with 8878 I was 'blown away'. One of those defining sim moments for me of seeing something amazing

ASFS beta 8878 OrbX LOWI Approach FSW L35

They're simply amazing pictures, not seen those kinda clouds since pre-SU7, Passive or Preset Control?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

16 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Currently it's advised to disable the flight plan in AS to get multiple layers and realistic weather.

Uh no, you are the one who "advised" so on the HiFi forums. Damian, the dev, on the other hand said flight plans work fine and are actually better for IFR flights.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Uh no, you are the one who "advised" so on the HiFi forums. Damian, the dev, on the other hand said flight plans work fine and are actually better for IFR flights.

May I suggest you make the test yourself?

On my last IFR flight with FP loaded in AS I had a single layer depiction all the time. And also during the approach, the weather was unrelated to the nearest METAR.

Then as soon as I cleared the FP, multiple layers came back instantly, and weather was METAR compliant (precip and clouds, and Cirrus back).

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Just now, roland_lfor said:

On my last IFR flight with FP loaded in AS I had a single layer depiction all the time. And also during the approach, the weather was unrelated to the nearest METAR.

Then as soon as I cleared the FP, multiple layers came back instantly, and weather was METAR compliant (precip and clouds).

I have been using Flight Plans on every flight, and the weather has been spot on. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Then as soon as I cleared the FP, multiple layers came back instantly, and weather was METAR compliant (precip and clouds, and Cirrus back).

I can confirm that, in one ocasion, clearing FP has brought back clouds as it should....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MarcG said:

They're simply amazing pictures, not seen those kinda clouds since pre-SU7, Passive or Preset Control?

Thanks it was an 'exciting' approach. Saw runway the moment I was applying power to GA. The weather was so good that taking screenshots all the time didn't help but ...worth it!

Preset control? The full ASFS live weather option. No MSFS weather.

• Like 3

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

I have seen multiple layers with flight plans. On approach the weather is cloned by the destination airport, no idea what you mean by "unrelated".

Damian explained why the flight plan is needed and what he said also explains why something might change when you clear the flightplan (AS forgets about your destination and will use other data on approach instead of the destination airport METAR). Especially the appearance of additional cloud layers is explained through that (METARs only report the lowest layer, so that's what you will get on approach with a flight plan; Damian is however working on improving the depiction of [undisclosed] upper cloud layers when using METAR data only).

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

The thing is, if I fly with a FP and then go to msfs menu and start a new flight without a FP, AS FP will still show the previous FP and sometimes we need to clear the FP so clouds show as it should...

17 minutes ago, Bond said:

The thing is, if I fly with a FP and then go to msfs menu and start a new flight without a FP, AS FP will still show the previous FP and sometimes we need to clear the FP so clouds show as it should..

if you have navigraph you can create quick new FP inside the sim, export to the internal plan then ASFS can read it. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK