Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

IniBuilds Beluga and A400M announced for MSFS 2024

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Ya could well be I guess.. it's just that before they announced the A350 and A380, they did pretty much confirm on discord they have an A330 in the works or in plan (also there are those A330 related files found in the early versions of the ini A320 which were then removed). Now with the BelugaXL (i.e. A330-743L) confirmed, I can't help but think there'll be an ini A330 in the MSFS 2024 default fleet too 🙂

Of course ini are being their usual coy and ambiguous selves.. when asked about having had early access to MSFS 2024 and its SDK, whether they're also doing an A330, etc on discord only the below answers were given.. at least they didn't flat out say no 😅

"The thing to take away from this is that its best to just wait and see what comes and when"
"2024 will be a fantastic year for flightsimming for sure"

I wouldn't be so surprised if they release an A330 with 2024, it's just the scene the A330 shows up there's no clear sign it's the plane they are flying (it could be the A320 or the caravan). All the other planes "confirmed" were recorded flying. But yeah, it could be.

As a side note, I really like the Ini products, but they need to optimize better their products. Their airports/planes are too heavy on the FPS. The A310 is awesome, but it's too heavy (even for my pc: 7800x3d + 4090).

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

50 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I wouldn't be so surprised if they release an A330 with 2024, it's just the scene the A330 shows up there's no clear sign it's the plane they are flying (it could be the A320 or the caravan). All the other planes "confirmed" were recorded flying. But yeah, it could be.

As a side note, I really like the Ini products, but they need to optimize better their products. Their airports/planes are too heavy on the FPS. The A310 is awesome, but it's too heavy (even for my pc: 7800x3d + 4090).

I wonder how does the default planes in MSFS stack up to the default planes in the other sims? Anybody know?  It seems like the default planes in MSFS are quite good now, especially with the iniBuilds Beluga and the iniBuilds A400M coming in MSFS 2024.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

Their airports/planes are too heavy on the FPS. The A310 is awesome, but it's too heavy (even for my pc: 7800x3d + 4090).

The A300 is easier on my system than the Fenix is right now for me and their LAX recently got a nice optimization update. They'll sort the A310 out eventually but like I mentioned earlier, MS is the one slowing the updates down.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

If they’re doing an A330, I’d love for them to extend it to an A340-200/300.  

Something about the underpowered hairdryer seems fun to fly!

21 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I wonder how does the default planes in MSFS stack up to the default planes in the other sims? Anybody know?  It seems like the default planes in MSFS are quite good now, especially with the iniBuilds Beluga and the iniBuilds A400M coming in MSFS 2024.

AFAIK it’s the best fleet so far, no other comes close. I mean in number and quality. It’s unmatched.

And I’m talking about 2020. If 2024 is really a leap forward, the gap will be broadened.

• Like 2

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

9 minutes ago, Krakin said:

The A300 is easier on my system than the Fenix is right now for me and their LAX recently got a nice optimization update. They'll sort the A310 out eventually but like I mentioned earlier, MS is the one slowing the updates down.

Hopefully, but at least the A320v2 is better regarding performance. 

Posted (edited)

Almost everything they make is either a fullblown slideshow or noticeably degraded performer for me. It appears to be their signature characteristic.

My machinery is pretty beefy and nothing made by no one else receives the beating that Inibuilds gives it. 

I hope someone there figures out how to act nice, or they're ordered to by Microsoft. 

I do not fancy a base game heaving with their products with things as they are. 

Edited by superspud

11 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Have you had a private preview of these aircraft?

What do I need a private preview for? MS told us all of the default planes will be payware quality and done by third party devs.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ca_metal said:

it's just the scene the A330 shows up there's no clear sign it's the plane they are flying (it could be the A320 or the caravan). All the other planes "confirmed" were recorded flying. But yeah, it could be.

It's most likely the Caravan as the scene is labelled as 'Air Ambulance', and well the Caravan livery is done up as an Air Ambulance.

If that A330 is not a flyable model, might be AI.

I remember several Dev Q&As ago Jorg said they have a bunch of licenced, AI quality aircraft built but they haven't added them because they want liveries for them, they don't want to just add them with blank liveries.

The A320Neos in the scene are the Asobo Neo, you can tell because of the white rectangle where the registry number should be.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

On 4/24/2024 at 9:48 PM, thepilot said:

Yes, and I didn't say that. But the more aircraft they develop concurrently, the less resources can be spent on each individual one. And that can't be good for quality, can it?

Right now, iniBuilds are developing the A220, A320, BelugaXL (A330), A350, A380 and A400M. Plus supporting the A300/A310. That seems like way too much to take on, even for a big team.

The key being that they're all Airbuses. Many systems in common, greatly simplifying development.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Also inibuilds is apparently a big team now. Those airbuses aren't the only aircraft they've made. The last few local/famous flyers for Asobo have also been inibuilds.

Also ini isn't making the A220, they're just supporting the devs that are.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

Exited for the A400M as well and when the A330 will appear as a default plane in FS2024, I hope there will be an MRTT version. 🙂

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

Head Of Quality Assurance, something Asobo needs as well!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Krakin said:

That's pretty cool and makes complete sense given all they've got going on with their payware line (A350, A380, A300, etc) and default birds for MSFS. In terms of IRL pilots on their team they also mentioned that Cameron (guest speaker from stream before last) is a current line pilot on the A320 neo, and another is a current A330 pilot.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD