Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

April 25, 2024 MSFS Development Update

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That’s not what censorship is. Wow.

Censorship would be not letting us post the link at all.

Which is what they're asking, next step would be to force it hence censorship.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Which is what they're asking, next step would be to force it hence censorship.

That’s not censorship 

I don’t understand why we were copying and pasting the entire weekly updates here anyways. What was wrong with just linking to the page?

Isnt that plagiarism?

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That’s not censorship 

I don’t understand why we were copying and pasting the entire weekly updates here anyways. What was wrong with just linking to the page?

Isnt that plagiarism?

Funny you haven't brought that up in nearly 4 years of AVSim doing it...

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I just never put any thought into it.

also I’m pretty sure the first several were just links, not entire copy and pasting 

I really love the first place a bunch go is to pitchforks and hysterics. MS isn't trying to censor anything. They are simply asking a link instead be posted.

Also, I don't know where you got your law degree, but I would ask for a refund because there is zero truth in this statement -

"once literature is posted to the internet it can be copied and pasted anywhere as long as credit is given."

In any case, David has been asked (kindly again) to stop copying the entire post and instead linking to it. No doubt to not only ensure the correct info is avail but also I imagine to drive traffic and engagement to their forum.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

4 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

I really love the first place a bunch go is to pitchforks and hysterics. MS isn't trying to censor anything. They are simply asking a link instead be posted.

Also, I don't know where you got your law degree, but I would ask for a refund because there is zero truth in this statement -

In any case, David has been asked (kindly again) to stop copying the entire post and instead linking to it. No doubt to not only ensure the correct info is avail but also I imagine to drive traffic and engagement to their forum.

You're correct I was hasty in my response and my law degree did indeed come from the back of a cereal box, but the point remains they need to concentrate on the shortcomings on their own forum before worrying about what's posted here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It may not be censorship but it's not plagiarism either. Nobody's been passing off the posted content as their own.

Maybe there's a valid concern on MS's part regarding the occasional ammendment to the updates but it does feel more like trying to increase traffic to their own site. I get pretty much all the info I need on this site so this move won't steer me over there. They could simply have asked/insisted that a link be pasted with the post for readers to check for ammendments.

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I don't see the problem if Microsoft or Asobo wants to increase traffic on their website.

Community support is NOT a one-way street.

Community support means Microsoft supports the community and the community also supports Microsoft. 

It's just like working for anyone. You have to work to get paid. Or, it's like loving anything or anyone.  You gotta give love to get love.

• Upvote 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Back in the day I used to post these dev updates here (pre-release) but I fail to see the point now as to copy pasting the entire thing here? Why not just link to it and that way you'll always see the most up-to-date version?

• Like 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

If it was just a link I wouldn't bother to click on it. As it is I usually just skim through the screenies. Mmm, very nice. Next!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Its their content and of course they would prefer traffic and any discussion over on their own website.

Demanding it be linked would of course look bad so this is simply trying to be subtle about how they would like to control output.

Bloke in suit tells bloke in chinos to do something he tells the guy in shorts and tee at the public facing front etc...usual corporate stuff

• Like 1

They just want to make sure people have the most up to date information.

• Like 1

I've always appreciated these posts, but I'll also appreciate a link to the source in the future (hopefully the posts will still be pined🌲weekly). I've never been a fan of the navigation (or lack thereof) of Microsoft's official forums. Thank you for your dedication in posting these updates over the years @David Mills!

• Like 2

To bad Asobo has not put in a Flight Analysis feature alla FS2004

It was great following my track when doing VOR work. Looking at how i was flying an ILS. If did not like it drag the little airplane on the map and try it again

That was great for practicing all my IFR work

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 12:17 PM, MarcG said:

You're correct I was hasty in my response and my law degree did indeed come from the back of a cereal box, but the point remains they need to concentrate on the shortcomings on their own forum before worrying about what's posted here.

Appeals to worse problems is actually an argumentative fallacy. You take every opportunity you can to bash MS/Asobo. I found it amusing when you suggested recently that they hire a head QA tester like iniBuilds just did, as if they don't have one already lol. I guess bashing them is the fun thing to do but they there's nothing wrong with them asking for David's cooperation even though their forum has issues.

@David Mills I'd suggest sharing this information with the mods here in case others try to do it anyway.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.