Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

It is really nice to see ACTIVITY in P3D !!!

The P3D forums, even more than the X-Plane ones here at AVSIM, have regular and increasing activity along the last months, after the "initial" "fall in love" phase for the new kid in town....

For me this is very positive, if not for other reason because I still prefer P3D to MSFS, by far, when it comes to my preferred addons, the stability, and the fact that I don't like to depend on Cloud Services for my simming as much as we do when using MSFS.

I believe that I'll always be loyal to my beloved FSLabs fleet, the quality of weather injection and created effects that Active Sky P3D can give me better than in other platform, alhtough it's also very acceptable in XP12 and now in MSFS 2020 too...

I would just love to see this activity find corresponding support from some developers, like FSLabs. I honestly believe that should FSLabs offer an upgrade of their fleet for P3D v5 for P3D v6, even paid - by a symbolic ammount - many users would easily get P3D v6 and start using it.

I don't worry about LM and the base platform. They have good reasons not to care about the kind of market and user base that supports MSFS, so, from LM I can only expect even further enhancements for v6, and maybe next year v7 🙂

It's good to see daily posts and tthreads here at the AVSIM P3D forums !!!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

19 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I would just love to see this activity find corresponding support from some developers, like FSLabs. I honestly believe that should FSLabs offer an upgrade of their fleet for P3D v5 for P3D v6, even paid - by a symbolic ammount - many users would easily get P3D v6 and start using it.

The numbers aren't there. Maybe a few devs will support which is now a very small niche market but that boat has sailed.

• Like 1

True, the topics here are boring with nothing new to talk about. I enjoy using P3D, but I don't expect see anything new in the pipeline.

Pete Locascio

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

It's good to see daily posts and tthreads here at the AVSIM P3D forums !!!

I agree, but over the past year or so I have definitely noticed a dearth of P3D posts compared to the past 10 years.

MSFS took a lot of wind out of the P3D sails, and the lack of P3Dv6 enthusiasm and support hasn't helped.

Dave

• Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I agree, it has been great to see the community come together like this.

I have also gotten assistance from so many different people, e.g. I finally during the weekend got help to get the CLS 747 working in P3Dv5 and yesterday I found out about another developer I had missed from earlier that does really nice photoreal for P3D for forgotten places such as Finland (here is a link if you want to check it out: https://www.fcscenerys.com/)! I still have some hope that some developers will be attracted to P3D going forward - I mean the stage is set for a smaller player to become a "big fish in the small pond" type of thing so lets see! 🙂 

• Like 2

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

19 minutes ago, Blasb said:

I have also gotten assistance from so many different people, e.g. I finally during the weekend got help to get the CLS 747 working in P3Dv5 and yesterday I found out about another developer I had missed from earlier that does really nice photoreal for P3D for forgotten places such as Finland (here is a link if you want to check it out: https://www.fcscenerys.com/)! I still have some hope that some developers will be attracted to P3D going forward - I mean the stage is set for a smaller player to become a "big fish in the small pond" type of thing so lets see! 🙂 

Precious link !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

I am a satisfied P3Dv5.4 user with a whole lot (too numerous to count, so to speak) of addon aircraft and scenery. 

There are several things preventing me from upgrading to P3Dv6 and/or MSFS:

1. Lack of a powerful enough pc (core processor & graphics card) to run them to a level of suitable performance.

2. Lack of enough functional payware scenery & aircraft (PMDG in particular) for P3Dv6

3. Not fond of MSFS requiring internet connection + cloud connectivity to run the type of VA flights I prefer.  I don't like the idea of this, because it is quite likely that one day in the not too distant future, MSFS will lose active support and will end up similar to Aivlasoft EFB server shutting down.  

I have been flight simming since 1984, starting with Sublogic's Flight Simulator II on the Commodore 64.  I have no desire to stop flying, and as long as my system holds up, am happy with what I have.  I like dropping by this forum on a regular basis, to see what, if anything new has been discussed.  I also like to help out with problems if I am able, and appreciate the help provided by others.  That is what keeps P3Dv4 & 5 going - the virtual pilots and support on the avsim forums.  FSX is still surviving, as well, so here is to all of our fellow pilots/supporters - 🍻🥂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

I too was noticing the increased traffic on the P3D forum. Led me to wonder if maybe some of the gray beards in our hobby got tired of waiting on some of their favorite addons to come to MSFS so they could purchase the same stuff again while many of the young bloods were enlightened about the seemingly unlimited things presently available for P3D.  Nice thought anyway.  

• Like 1

Vic green

Posted (edited)

I still frequent this forum and buy P3d addons.  I usually wait for sales but that’s always been the case.  Happy to see there are still people like me out there who still get a lot out of flying P3d.

I picked up WF Scenery Studios ZGGG earlier this month and am loving it. Between zspd, vhhh, and zggg, couldn’t be happier flying in China in the high quality payware airplanes I have for P3d.

i want to pick up several latinvfr airports (KMSY, KRDU, TJSJ) but they haven’t had a sale recently to my knowledge.  All focus is on their airbuses I suppose…

I also saw majestic’s statement yesterday that they will continue developing the q400 for P3d, and that is next on my list of plane purchases.  They support P3d (even v6) so I’ll support them. 

Edited by okupton
  • Like 2

Orman

Personally I like the feeling I have some control over my flight sim installation. It’s taken several months to fine tune things including AIG Ai and some tweaks to the settings.

Believe it or not you still can’t put all those sliders to the right even on a system like mine. But when you can get 30fps in FSL Concorde at Simwings Heathrow with 100+ Ai then you’ve reached nivarna. On the odd occasion I get a brief stutter it’s extremely unusual.

Why change when you’re happy? I’ve never really considered other sims. I like what I have and will be for the foreseeable future.

• Like 11

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Blasb said:

How does fcscenery look down low?

9 minutes ago, newtie said:

How does fcscenery look down low?

It is pretty decent I would say! Based on the paid photoreal I own, I would rate it something like this: TrueEarth > Living Airports > FCscenery. The included autogen is however better in FCscenery than for Living airports (unfortunately e.g. Finland doesn't have full coverage yet in this regard but its coming!)

• Like 1

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

Living Airports appears to be only lights and a few states unless I missed something.

I'm happy with P3D for the time being. So long as I keep my VRAM usage in check my performance and stability is pretty fab, with the exception of the FSLabs Concorde that tanks my frames more than I'd like.

But I'm not expecting third-party content to pick up any time soon. The TFDI MD11 is still releasing for P3D which is nice, but most devs seem to be givng P3D pretty short-shrift these days. It's a shame as I would quite like to give v6 ago, but I spent enough effort getting my v5 install where I like it, and v6 will seem to require exponentially more compatibility-tweaks.

Would be lying if I said succession planning wasn't on my mind - MSFS still isn't my cup of tea but depending on what releases there are in the next year or two (and what FS 2024 looks like when it releases) I may end up giving it another look.

• Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, newtie said:

Living Airports appears to be only lights and a few states unless I missed something.

Yeah I think it is only Alabama, Nebraska and Arizona as of now that they offer photoreal + autogen for. I got their Arizona photoreal and was pleasantly surprised! Meshes quite well with Orbx True Earth South California!