Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

It is really nice to see ACTIVITY in P3D !!!

Yeah I think that is a fair point! Furthermore, I guess the lack of available alternatives on the market makes it possible to get away with such an approach.

However, I do think it is possible to email the developer in this case (he answered me really quickly) so that could be an option to request some more information or pictures! 🙂 

• Like 1

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

14 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hmm..I’m wondering if there are portions of their scenery they don’t want you to see. I remember some states in Megascenery were pretty bad from a coloration standpoint. As for the donation deal, that’s a flag for me.

I have been thinking of getting the Megascenery photoreal products for a while and to combine them with the living airports autogen for specific states. Apart from the coloration issue, how highly would you rate them (i.e. is it worth considering for P3Dv5 or should I get the photoreal elsewhere)?

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

5 minutes ago, Blasb said:

I have been thinking of getting the Megascenery photoreal products for a while and to combine them with the living airports autogen for specific states. Apart from the coloration issue, how highly would you rate them (i.e. is it worth considering for P3Dv5 or should I get the photoreal elsewhere)?

Some of the Western states like Arizona and N.M. are good but the Eastern states like SC and GA, not so much. Poor low altitude textures and coloration, well some feel like landing in a bowl of pea soup. You might try one state before any big investment. I prefer ORBX Global Land Class products just for the appearance. I was wanting to look for a better Photoreal South Carolina, my home state.

• Like 1

Vic green

Another P3D user here. While there have been some improvements regarding airliners in MSFS, the majority of them aren't there yet. Only 3 or 4 for me are good enough for my liking, and no one as complete as their P3D equivalents. With P3D, I have a lot of planes, and a lot more complete than their MSFS counterparts. Also, several of my favorite aircraft have yet to be released for MSFS!

For sceneries, I prefer to fly to default/AFCAD airports. I was able to force v4/FSX default sceneries into v5; so I no longer have missing parking positions. If I'm not satisfied with the layout, there's almost always an AFCAD available to save the day, and GSX L2 to make sure jetways work properly. While I try to like MSFS, I end up going back to P3D for airliner ops. I feel better there.

For GA, there are two things that spoiled me in MSFS: the freeware PMS50 GTN and the default G1000 simulations. Somehow the default FS9 GPS does not satisfy me.

2 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

They have a big donate button on their home page then you have a pay ware price on each product

I purchased from him a couple of his sceneries (Argentina and Colombia). He doesn't have an actual storefront. All the transactions are made via Paypal. Somehow the Donate button allows him to sell without having to set up a merchant account? No excuse but, if he keeps on selling, he'll need to set up an actual online store.

If we keep going to photoreal, there's this guy:

I actually replaced FCScenery sceneries with Matthias' ones. Somehow they have better coverage, autogen and night lights. Now, if only I could make the ground to stop appearing grainy...

• Like 3

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

9 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

If we keep going to photoreal, there's this guy:

Couldn’t agree more. @MatthiasKNU is a real gentleman and his work is second to none. I have several of his sceneries.

• Like 2

Vic green

Yeah I 100% agree with that! Matthias makes some awesome photoreal + autogen packages and I can highly recommend them! 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 5:05 PM, beechcaptain said:

I am a satisfied P3Dv5.4 user with a whole lot (too numerous to count, so to speak) of addon aircraft and scenery. 

There are several things preventing me from upgrading to P3Dv6 and/or MSFS:

1. Lack of a powerful enough pc (core processor & graphics card) to run them to a level of suitable performance.

What is your system specification, Glenn? I have an i5 7600K @ 4.5GHz/32GB DDR4-3600 RAM/6GB GeForce GTX 980Ti powered PC, and MSFS runs very smoothly indeed at 1920x1080 resolution and high detail levels. I do not have AI planes enabled at the moment, but I think that you would be impressed by the framerates (and relative lack of stutters) in MSFS. I switched from P3Dv4.5HF2 to MSFS at the end of November last year, and there is no way that I could go back to P3D now. The quality of the terrain graphics and autogen in MSFS is light years beyond that in P3D.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Huuuummmmmmmm......

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

No more discussion about the perceived benefits of the other sim please.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/12/2024 at 10:47 AM, Christopher Low said:

What is your system specification, Glenn? I have an i5 7600K @ 4.5GHz/32GB DDR4-3600 RAM/6GB GeForce GTX 980Ti powered PC, and MSFS runs very smoothly indeed at 1920x1080 resolution and high detail levels. I do not have AI planes enabled at the moment, but I think that you would be impressed by the framerates (and relative lack of stutters) in MSFS. I switched from P3Dv4.5HF2 to MSFS at the end of November last year, and there is no way that I could go back to P3D now. The quality of the terrain graphics and autogen in MSFS is light years beyond that in P3D.

Christopher, 

My desktop's specs:  i5-4690K @ 3.50GHz o/c ~4.4, 32gb DDR3 ram, GeForce RTX 2060 12 GB.

I am sure I can run MSFS, but probably would not be happy with the settings I would have to use if I want to run similar a/c and sceneries like I do in P3Dv5.4.  PMDG a/c, lots of 3rd party airports & AI a/c.  I'm predominantly a tubeliner pilot with occasional vfr low level GA excursions.  Like I mentioned, I'm quite happy with my setup & P3Dv5.4.  Smooth flying with everything I have installed.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

It looks like FSDG is still making scenery for P3D. They released Sylt (EDXW) and Teruel (LETL) for P3D 4, 5, and 6.

simMarket: TERUEL P3D4-6

simMarket: FSDG - SYLT P3D

Sylt looks really good; I will most likely get that one. Not sure about Teruel. Only because it's a storage airport and does not get any passenger service.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1