Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

What kind of a world are we living in now?

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

I suppose that shouldn't be a good reason to send everyone back to square one. The respect is something that apply to everybody, not only to the crew but also to passengers.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Methinks that there might be more unruliness involved than described in the article. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, hs118 said:

Methinks that there might be more unruliness involved than described in the article. 

Yeah, almost certainly. Aircraft don't turn back unless its a serious incident. If they did, we'd have a plethora of unhappy passengers going bonkers at the airline and demanding compensation

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/7/2024 at 2:43 AM, martin-w said:

Yeah, almost certainly. Aircraft don't turn back unless its a serious incident. If they did, we'd have a plethora of unhappy passengers going bonkers at the airline and demanding compensation

Be careful about applying common sense to anything like this these day.🤠

Bill W

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BillW said:

Bill W

Good point. 

At the risk of being hooted off the stage, I blame video games. Casual shooting of streams of target people on first person shooters. This is not the "shoot or don't shoot" apps that police train with. It's almost a shoot everybody you see game.

And then we have organizers encouraging disrespectful protestors screaming in the street. Telling them to throw acid on paintings in art galleries. That artist from centuries ago did nothing controversial and does not deserve this crime against his art. These hooligans don't care about guilt. They will punish everyone.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

13 hours ago, Fielder said:

Telling them to throw acid on paintings in art galleries. That artist from centuries ago did nothing controversial and does not deserve this crime against his art. These hooligans don't care about guilt.

I agree, although, I understand that the paintings they trash are not the originals ones. The real ones are locked in vault. Or they are covered with protective glass, so safe.

Not sure if that's always the case. 

20 hours ago, BillW said:

Bill W

Sometimes I get attacked for "assuming" stuff, when I just used some common sense which is not so common these days..

The sad state of a society that values people's feelings and "lived experience" over facts, objective truth and reality!  Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"?????  We now have a society full of 2 year olds, no matter how old their actual age.  But, hey, they can always identify as a two year old I suppose.  Sad.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

On a flight not so long ago a passenger had their head protruding out into the aisle presumably looking for something stowed under their seat. 
A clumsy crew member then came down the aisle pushing a food cart and bashed into the passenger’s head, the passenger let rip with an understandably angry tirade describing said crew member as a “stupid c**t’” 

The crew member was so traumatised by this they relieved themselves from duty for the rest of the flight.

The flight continued to destination.

Apparently , allegedly, etc ,I wasn’t there 😉

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

8 hours ago, jon b said:

The crew member was so traumatised by this they relieved themselves

Heh!!  I thought this was the entire sentence.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Ha, probably that too !

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Posted (edited)

Comment revised

Edited by topcat_1952
Deleted

22 hours ago, jon b said:

On a flight not so long ago a passenger had their head protruding out into the aisle presumably looking for something stowed under their seat. 
A clumsy crew member then came down the aisle pushing a food cart and bashed into the passenger’s head, the passenger let rip with an understandably angry tirade describing said crew member as a “stupid c**t’” 

The crew member was so traumatised by this they relieved themselves from duty for the rest of the flight.

The flight continued to destination.

Apparently , allegedly, etc ,I wasn’t there 😉

The crew member should have blown the horn on the cart: two longs, a short, and then a long; just like the trains do at the highway crossings.🤪

• Like 3