Sign in to follow this  
topcat_1952

Where is Carenado?

Posted (edited)

I'm an MSFS user. I have not seen anything either inside or outside the MS Marketplace for some time from Carenado. Nothing either new or updated. I know they are not exactly at the top of the charts as far as aircraft developers are concerned, but I am wondering if they have folded up their tents and "left the airport (so to speak)?

Edited by topcat_1952
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I've been wondering as well. Still a couple of their products that I would like to see go off marketplace for purchase.

Posted (edited)

It does feel weird when you're not seeing a new Carenado release every 15 minutes

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

20 minutes ago, Sethos said:

It does feel weird when you're not seeing a new Carenado release every 15 minutes

Yes it does...

But then again they always had somewhat wonky flight dynamics, ran terrible and now maybe on life support ?

They sure did look pretty though 😉

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Carenado wish list from P3D

Falcon 50 - Chieftain PA 34 - PA 32 Saratago

Maybe devoting 100% of their time to default MSFS 2024 aircraft?

Mario Di Lauro

13 hours ago, Rogen said:

But then again they always had somewhat wonky flight dynamics, ran terrible and now maybe on life support ?

They sure did look pretty though 😉

These characteristics make them perfect for user mods if purchased off marketplace. 

3 hours ago, tamsini said:

Maybe devoting 100% of their time to default MSFS 2024 aircraft?

Exactly this. Carenado made several of the aircraft for the 2020 release, had the first aircraft to buy in the market place and have released around a dozen more either under their own name or for Asobo.

I suspect they’re either 

a) busy building aircraft for Asobo for 2024

b) retired to their own private island in the Caribbean to enjoy the millions they must have made in 2020.

• Like 1

The folks in charge at Carenado have never been the sharpest knives in the drawer when it comes to marketing and management of a business.

They have dozens of FSX and P3D products just sitting on a file server with likely very low sales rates because they stubbornly refuse to have any sales or lower their prices permanently.

At this point I could give two ***** what happens to Carenado.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Posted (edited)

I wish  some developer would build a Saab 2000/340 passenger /cargo variant for XP-12.  One plane i need for my hangar.  I e-mailed Carenado   a few years back, and they want nothing to do with X Plane Dave. Their loss.  !!!!!!!

Edited by Paul Deluca

4 hours ago, dave2013 said:

The folks in charge at Carenado have never been the sharpest knives in the drawer when it comes to marketing and management of a business.

This made me smile.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 4:00 PM, jaytee73 said:

Carenado wish list from P3D

Falcon 50 <SNIP>

Gasp !! 😬 I think the world would be better off without it.

Now if it were the "FlywareSim - Falcon 50"... that would be an aircraft of preference 😎

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

6 hours ago, Rogen said:

Gasp !! 😬 I think the world would be better off without it.

Now if it were the "FlywareSim - Falcon 50"... that would be an aircraft of preference 😎

Cheers

MMMM !! -  I have both - and although I love Flyware products - IE the 414 - but I think the Carenado the better

However - on a number of occasions I have suggested to FWS that they give us the F50 Falcon in MSFS

as well as my comment - earlier 😉

19 hours ago, dave2013 said:

They have dozens of FSX and P3D products just sitting on a file server with likely very low sales rates because they stubbornly refuse to have any sales or lower their prices permanently.

At this point I could give two ***** what happens to Carenado.

Dave

I noticed that in at least the past two Carenado discount sales that none of their FSX/P3D products were offered at any discount.  Seemed strange to have a big sale and keep full price on the oldest products.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

18 hours ago, jaytee73 said:

MMMM !! -  I have both - and although I love Flyware products - IE the 414 - but I think the Carenado the better

However - on a number of occasions I have suggested to FWS that they give us the F50 Falcon in MSFS

as well as my comment - earlier 😉

Each to his own..🙂

I've fixed and modded many a Carenado aircraft and while pretty,  I would describe Carenado aircraft as having minimal depth, with the added feature of being chock full of bugs.

Although... that said their later jet releases were on the improve.

In any case they're both quite diffferent, the Carenado version has glass avionics and is more automated, where as the Flysimware is more focused on gauges and seat of your pants flying.

I know which one I prefer.

Cheers