Sign in to follow this  
hs118

SayIntentions ATC and GPT-4o announcement today

16 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Maybe @martinboehme can provide a link to where the $15 USD information came from.

I got this from the German-language flight simulation site cruiselevel.de:

https://cruiselevel.de/sayintentions-mit-neuester-ki-anbindung/

Appears they got this wrong or interpreted something into the statements that wasn't said. Sorry for spreading wrong information. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

[...] Reduzierung der monatlichen Nutzungskosten auf 15 Dollar zu erwarten, wie Brian im Video erklärt [...]
Yeah that is a big misinterpretation of what Brian actually said in the video.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

I got this from the German-language flight simulation site cruiselevel.de:

https://cruiselevel.de/sayintentions-mit-neuester-ki-anbindung/

Appears they got this wrong or interpreted something into the statements that wasn't said. Sorry for spreading wrong information. 

Thanks for the link!  Google Translate gave the following translation for that article:

At $30 per month, SayIntentions isn't exactly a cheap add-on. But here too, the new version of GPT-4o can produce good news. Since the costs for the API connection with GPT-4o are reduced by 50 percent according to the video, a reduction in monthly usage costs to 15 dollars can also be expected, as Brian explains in the video.

I think the article writer misinterpreted the video. But at least that is cleared up 👍

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Thanks, that's what I thought too.  I can't see SayIntentions.AI dropping the price to $15 USD. Maybe they can drop it to $22 USD or $20 USD, but the OpenAI costs are just a portion of the costs SayIntentions.AI is using.

Maybe @martinboehme can provide a link to where the $15 USD information came from.

The video said that 50% of the current monthly charges goes to ChatGPT. So 15$ out of the 30$. Thus if ChatGPT 4o gets 50% cheaper and assuming SI.AI forwards this to clients then the subscription may come down to some 23$ 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 hours ago, DAD said:

AI will answer before I asked my question, I assume

Will the answer still be hilariously unrelated to the question asked, a decent percentage of the time?  😁

Andrew Crowley

13 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Will the answer still be hilariously unrelated to the question asked, a decent percentage of the time?  😁

Thank you for your question! Percentage calculations throw up a lot of people, but they're really easy if you just remember that "percent" is Latin and means "for one hundred".

I hope I was able to help you with your query. Have a great day! 

• Like 2

The cruiselevel.de article has now been corrected and no longer makes a reference to "15 dollars". 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DAD said:

The video said that 50% of the current monthly charges goes to ChatGPT.

I am surprised it is that high. That means the rest should cover Cloud (servers, databases, storage), Voice packs and also salaries and admin costs. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

They've stated quite recently that they're not profitable at the current price level. So Even if the OpenAI component of the costs falls by 50% by using GPT-4o, it doesn't necessarily mean that the initial fall in price will match that. They likely want to make a little profit out of this as well (for future growth and investment) given how hard they've been working to get it this far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, espent said:

I am surprised it is that high. That means the rest should cover Cloud (servers, databases, storage), Voice packs and also salaries and admin costs. 

Ai is notorious for consuming a lot of compute power and hence electricity. GPT-4o improves on this, but it's still a substantial cost that SI has to pass on. 

48 minutes ago, Redge said:

They've stated quite recently that they're not profitable at the current price level. So Even if the OpenAI component of the costs falls by 50% by using GPT-4o, it doesn't necessarily mean that the initial fall in price will match that. They likely want to make a little profit out of this as well (for future growth and investment) given how hard they've been working to get it this far.

Agreed. I know that everyone is clamoring for a price drop but I'd rather see SI reach a point where they're actually covering their costs and can operate a sustainable business before they start dramatically dropping the price.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Microsoft owns 49% of Open AI, they will definitely ingrate GPT-4o to Copilot soon.

Makes me wonder what they will do with this tech for MSFS 2024

Edited by bendead
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DAD said:

The video said that 50% of the current monthly charges goes to ChatGPT. So 15$ out of the 30$. Thus if ChatGPT 4o gets 50% cheaper and assuming SI.AI forwards this to clients then the subscription may come down to some 23$ 

Or rounded up to $25 to make it easier round number for customers to deal with, and an extra bit of profit.

20 minutes ago, bendead said:

Microsoft owns 49% of Open AI, they will definitely ingrate GPT-4o to Copilot soon.

Makes me wonder what they will do with this tech for MSFS 2024

SayIntentions would be a natural acquistion for MS. And a model for wider simulation of interactive services much like the MSFS world simulation could be a basis for other applications.

13 minutes ago, hs118 said:

SayIntentions would be a natural acquistion for MS. And a model for wider simulation of interactive services much like the MSFS world simulation could be a basis for other applications.

So how would MS charge the customer then, by a subscription?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310