Sign in to follow this  
GEKtheReaper

Advice on shop for Active Sky FS

Simple Q: Do you guys have a preferred shop (or an advice) for purchasing ASFS? I'm thinking about updates, ease of installation etc.

E.g. Aerosoft has it's own installer so managing it would be quite easy. Are updates going to be on that shop as soon as it's available or do I have to DL the update from HiFi directly (if even possible since the use of the Aerosoft installer).

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

If it works like previous versions of AS, you essentially just buy the key from the individual store but you can always get the latest full versions and updates off Hifi's site

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I use Just Flight, (No installer) but i find it very quick on updates, and all your purchases and download links are easily accessed. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just Flight here too. Honest, reliable and up to date downloads with good support. When I buy an addon I always go to the developers site first and if I can't buy direct then go to the hub they prefer /recommend for purchase. The more cash going straight to the developer the better! 

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

I've used both Aerosoft and Just Flight in the past.  Just Flight every time for me.  

One thing you should think about is what currency you're buying in.  Aerosoft price in dollars and Euros, Just flight in sterling.  If you buy in what's to you a foreign currency, then firstly you can't be entirely sure what conversion rate will be used and  you'll you are likely to pick up exchange fees from your credit card provider which add to the cost of the product.  

ngxu_banner.png

Sorry, should have looked at your profile first, you're for Germany so at least from Aerosoft, the price you see is what you'll actually pay.

ngxu_banner.png

16 minutes ago, ailchim said:

Just flight in sterling

Just Flight also bill in dollars USD. I'm in the UK now but dual citizen so browser detects my history regarding shop carts. I paid for the Duke in USD then next time I went there GBP was showing again. 

If you want to force a particular currency you'll need a vpn. 

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

I've bought all my ActiveSky software from Simmarket.

But it doesn't matter because after your first install, all the updates can be downloaded directly from their website.

Edit: I think even the first install there is no difference because you use the ActiveSky installer and activates against their server.

Edited by level7

SimMarket.  Never a problem, and all purchases are easy to find and download. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Just Flight,all day long for me.

Posted (edited)

Buy from wherever you want, it doesn't really matter as you get a license/key from the re-seller and then you'll download the product/updates directly from the HiFi website.

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Posted (edited)

I used to prefer Flight1, until they discontinued their 30-day refund policy. Now I have no preference at all: simply anything but Simmarket (I've had very unpleasant issues with them).

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON) Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.