Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

SU15 Problems/observations so far on PC

Posted (edited)

Thought I'd post this as so much praise I'm hearing from testing third party add-ons and not what actually can down and updated for the default sim.  Here's what I'm finding:

1. WT gauges perform much worse than before  - No exact number but in the Cirrus in VR the sim performance much worse than before

2. The Longitude WT gauge no longer work on the bottom right panel - Where you 'try' to choose the map, charts, FP, etc on the lower right screen, buttons are longer clickable for right split screen management

3. Weird strobe light effect in VR - I said this in another post the effect looks more like UFO's flying around versus aircraft in the day time

4. No real performance increase in the base sim or with loading third party airports when flying toward them, it's basically the same (slight sim pausing as the scenery is accessed)

Noticeable Improvements:

1. Ground handling on all aircraft seems to have been improved but still leaves something to be desired on aircraft like the default Cirrus

2. Aircraft movement through the air seems to have been improved

😐

Looking forward reading others observations.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Dillon said:

1. Ground handling on all aircraft seems to have been improved but still leaves something to be desired on aircraft like the default Cirrus

The only default aircraft with the new handling changes are the Cessna 172 (G1000), the SR22, and the A320NeoV2

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

That's why I mentioned the default Cirrus.  There's improvement but it's still squirrelly in low speed turning on the ground that could be further improved.  On takeoff and landing it's a much better experience now.👍

• Upvote 1

FS2020 

24 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Unless I misunderstood a LOT, only 3 default aircraft have had the ground handling changes. Why are you expecting they all have?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

DX12 ground tiles fixed!!!! best of all!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

4 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Unless I misunderstood a LOT, only 3 default aircraft have had the ground handling changes. Why are you expecting they all have?

Only those three aircraft make use of ALL of the new features related to ground handling.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I'm not, I didn't realize I conveyed as much. That being said I noticed there's been an overall improvement with all aircraft based on what Asobo did with the sim physics in general.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Can't tell if performance has improved much as I am using the autoFPS app.  Definitely seems a bit smoother though.

Fantastic to see that the texture bleed through issue has now. been resolved.

Only problem I have noticed is that pausing the sim and restarting is setting throttles to idle.

One bonus for me is that AMSIMs LPMA airport is now running smoothly since the update whereas I could not use it before.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

6 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Ground handling is much better - much more controlled.

On which aircraft, because I read, only three are working with it so far?

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Can't tell if performance has improved much as I am using the autoFPS app.  Definitely seems a bit smoother though.

Fantastic to see that the texture bleed through issue has now. been resolved.

Only problem I have noticed is that pausing the sim and restarting is setting throttles to idle.

One bonus for me is that AMSIMs LPMA airport is now running smoothly since the update whereas I could not use it before.

The only thing that I have seen affect performance in MSFS is Auto FPS. Never fly without it now. Asobo should hire the developer of Auto FPS. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

The only thing that I have seen affect performance in MSFS is Auto FPS. Never fly without it now. Asobo should hire the developer of Auto FPS. 

I don't think they need to. Unless I misunderstood, it was said in a previous Q&A that the consoles version have their own Auto LOD to maintain a consistent FPS, they just need to enable that on PC.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

FS realistic pro not working with SU 15. it says it is connected when loading the sim, but it does not work in flight. 

Just another quick observation - the update overwrote the addon taxi ribbon, so if you use that one you will need to download it again and replace the files 

I'm guessing that the nvidia  dlss dll files have probably all been overwritten to, but haven't checked oor replaced them yet.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)