Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brucets

How do I correct my aircraft appearing elongated?

I'd appreciate learning how to stop my aircraft appearing longer than normal. They now have an elongated, unnatural appearance.Cliff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I'd appreciate learning how to stop my aircraft appearing>longer than normal. They now have an elongated, unnatural>appearance.>>CliffHi Cliff,Any chance of a little more information about your PC specs;e.g: Your Graphics/Card Manufacturer and driver version and maybeyour screen dimensions may help too. Are these aircraft 'Add-ons' or default?Most fellow simmers here, who are more than qualified to pointyou in the right direction, will need as much info that you can provide, in order to help you resolve your problem.

>I'd appreciate learning how to stop my aircraft appearing>longer than normal. They now have an elongated, unnatural>appearance.>>CliffWhat resolution are you using?

And your screen refresh rate is set to?? _____Hz

I feel pretty stupid but the problem solved itself simply by rebooting the computer..........My thanks for your offer to help.Regards.............Cliff

Yeah I've seen that. you keep panning around the external model and the view angle gets less and less?Not sure what causes it, I just select another acft and it goes away.

Happens to me fairly frequently. Seems like resetting the flight or going to external view without clicking *locked Spot* can cause it. Not entirely sure. Exiting and restarting the sim cures it usually.Sometimes exiting the flight and deleting that flight plan and starting a whole new flight also cures it. Can be very frustrating.Bruce

It also sounds to me like you are looking at the external models from an extreme level of zoom. Maybe you have accidentally engaged the zoom. Without seeing a screenshot, this is my guess. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

That used to happen to me when the sim reloaded the flight. I just hit ctrl-space once or twice and that cures it until the next time.

This is something typically seen when you switch aircraft in the sim from a small to a larger scale.. OR, if you crash and the sim reloads the flight with larger scale aircraft.I noticed it with the default 747 from day one. After booting and running the default 747, if the sim relaods the flight after a crash the zoom and display is all screwed up.

Yup, that too. Resetting/reloading flight for any reason, that is. Happens with all default big jets.