Sign in to follow this  
Guest acolvard

I want a /Cessna/Columbia 400 G1000!

Guest acolvard

I just got back from a short (real world) flight in a Cessna 400 fully equiped with a G1000. I want it. It is one of the nicest planes I have flown. Responsive, fast, great VS, comfortable, and excellent avionics. While I save my pennies for this $620,000 airplane, please EagleSoft bring this plane to the FSX market! If you don't hurry I may end up saving a little more and buy the Mustang.

Guest -BeNt-

Yeah thats been out for awhile now, its a wonderful plane been flying it a bunch lately.

Guest acolvard

But that is the Avidyne version. I want the G1000, hopefully with the GCU and GFC700.

Eaglesoft has a partnership with Mindstar with this aircraft/avionics combo in development. If you haven't seen the video yet Flight Video Productions has a fantastic film featuring complete preflight and flight in a G1000 equipped Columbia 400 here: http://www.flightvideoproductions.com/columbia_400.htm

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>But that is the Avidyne version. I want the G1000, hopefully>with the GCU and GFC700.In a simulation like this everything really hinges on how well G1000 is replicated. To this end I might suggest looking into the upcoming Cessna Mustang from Flight1.http://mustang.flight1.net/cmx_landing.aspxMichael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Eaglesoft is coming out with a G1000 Columbia in the future using the Mindstar unit.Of course, as usual, ES won't provide us with a time table on release, but I can assure you, many are looking forward to it ;)

>Eaglesoft is coming out with a G1000 Columbia in the future>using the Mindstar unit.>>Of course, as usual, ES won't provide us with a time table on>release, but I can assure you, many are looking forward to it>;)Thanks Brian, as everyone knows, these things take time...be patient and we're sure you'll all be be glad you were:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest -BeNt-

I really hope so, I'm waiting in anticipation.

Guest acolvard

I flew the plane with Emily, the women in the video!

>I flew the plane with Emily, the women in the video!I had dinner with Emily, she's a truly impressive and knowledgable pilot. Glad Cessna recognized this and offered her a position with Cessna now that they own the 350/400 series.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest acolvard

No ring, but I can tell you she demands respect and should be treated with respect. She really knows her stuff. Very professional, very likable, and very knowledgable. Cessna is luck y to have her and I think she feels she is lucky to have Cessna. Cessna is THE major player in general and corporate avaiation. This plane will now have the backing of a large network with excellent maintenance facilities and excellent product support. I really hope my local flying club can justify one of these in the future, but I doubt it given the cost. It is basically a rich mans toy @ $620k. A 235kt four seater with about an 1100 pound payload does not have a lot of utility. It has the luxury feel with sports car handling and feel. A very clean, well organized cockpit.

As I stated below, it is coming via Eaglesoft. The Mindstar unit, from what I understand, is as close to reality as you will get in FS, and Mindstar and Eaglesoft are partners in this, and other future efforts.Have patience, we will get 'the' G1000.