Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

A Sad Goodbye

Hello All My Fly2 friends.Sadly I have to tell you all, I will no longer be creating for Fly2, for the near future at least. My health is getting worse day by day, and the pains in my chest and dizzyness is continueing. I wish you all the best, and those of my team mates in F2FDesign. I will continue ( I hope) with my website, as this is my obligation to NASA and the Millenium Award Commission. When I feel fit again I may continue with my (our) hobby.I was due back at NASA for December this year, but it has now been cancelled, Im devastated about this, but without my health its no good. Over the past few years I have made some of the best friends one could wish for on the Internet, and the Astronaut Training I did at NASA I will never forget. Remember, If you would like to see the video of my NASA trip, its http://www.wrexhamspace.org/movies.htm But a big 36 megs.your friend always, Steve.[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear Steve,grieve me to read these words.A strong embrace with the sincere hope of having you among us the previously possible.Your friend Daniele

Dear Steve,Please take care of your health and try to enjoy simple things. Don't feel obliged to be creative at any time. I hope that you feel soon much better!Amiti

Hi my friend Steve,this is really bad news. NOT the fact you cannot be active for FLY! anymore the next time BUT that your health condition is bad.NOW you have to think of YOURSELF and YOUR FAMILY. Safe all your power for your little daughter and your wife, there is nothing in life more important than your family and the beloved people. Forget FLY! and your PC for the moment, go out into the nature, walk through the fields and forrests as far as your chest pain allows. MOVE YOUR BODY, move your body, it is the VERY best therapy. This is my personal experience, not theoretically knowledge from my profession.Flightsimming should give positive emotion, not stress. For some month I stopped working at my Landsat7 program because I got very stressed due to problems I could not solve. I did the same thing you do now - I STOPPED IT, that is the RIGHT WAY to handle it.I think everybody who knows you as our common friend will understand this and remember you and all your work for the FLY! community. But as this is a very personal forum I would ask you to give us some infos about your health and condition whenever you like to do so.I cannot really express my feelings in a foreign language but you will understand that my thoughts and very best wishes are with you and your wonderful family.Bis sp

G'day Steve, I'm sorry to hear of your failing health. Your contributions to Fly! II are great and very much appreciated but understandably loved ones and family come first. I hope with time your health improves and we see you posting sometime in the future. God bless you.Cheers mate,Roger

Hi Steve, I am so sorry to hear of your declining health & wish you a solid recovery. I join everybody else in thanking you for all the excellent work you have done for us which we enjoy every time we use Fly. All the very best to you & your family.Desmond

Steve my Friend,You take care of yourself and family first, and know always we have you in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Just think, in know time you'll be up and doing more repaints for the Seawind!Best always!Ken Wood :-sun1Seawind Projecthttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

>>I was due back at NASA for December this year, but it has now>been cancelled, Im devastated about this, but without my>health its no good. Steve,I work (indirectly) for NASA Ames and big budget cuts are coming in the 2006 budget. Basic aeronautics like hypersonic transport or rotorcraft are no longer being funded. Almost 400 people only here at Ames are being put at risk of loosing a job. The reason is the new Moon/Mars exploration priorities. We just heard almost 1 hour presentation from the Administrator on this whole subject.Anyway, I do hope your health will recover.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Dear Steve,All your friends hope that you will recover quickly a better health.And we are now waiting for your return among us, as soon as you feel well :-) Amiti

Hi Steve,I'm very sorry to hear bad news about your health.Come back soon for it will means that you're good again.Amiti

Steve,Thanks so much for all of your contributions to Fly! and kind-hearted exchanges within this forum. This is, after all, just a hobby and you are wise to step away from it under the circumstances.Get some rest...get some healing.

Hi Steve,Hang on there Steve, you will be remebered in my prayers. I hope all is well with you and you family. Indeed, you will be missed in this forum, you always inspire me with your cheerfulness, candidness and willingness to help make this sim to be the best. Just what others have mentioned this is just a sim, spend more time with your wonderful family. Please keep us posted about your health.chris_CA

Dear Steve,I wait to listen again you as soon as possible.I give you my best wishes for all!Luciano -LIME

Steve,Please tell Gillian to THROW AWAY YOUR PC (before making a backup copy of your hard drive ;-) ), or at least hide it from you until you get better, actually until you're 100% recovered.We'll miss you but you'll still be here, because we can read and re-read your previous messages and we can download over and over again your wonderful models, scneries and repaints... So, spend time with your loved ones and get better. We'll always be here (well, as long as Tom allows us...)See you soon partner...http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Steve,Thanks for your enormous contribution to Fly.Time heals so take as much time as you need.We'll be here when you're ready.

Hi Steve,It`s bad news , your health going worse , but do not let your head hang down.Take your time to recover , all the best.I`ll keep in touch.Leen

Steve,Wishing you a very fast recoverey from your illness.We need people of your abilities on this Forum.Regards, Mike

My friend , Steve I had No Idea, that your were feeling somewhat under the weatherI do hope that you continue to feel and get better as time progresses.And please keep us updated, That is what we all wish that you would do Get Better and dont worry about saying goodbye for right nowIt has been a pleasure for all you have done for US hereJeffaka: Pilotsim7828A new approach to flydevelopershttp://www.forumcommunity.net/?c=14387Check out he New Flydevelopers Forum

My best regards to you Steve. It's been a pleasure working on projects with you. Keep in touch whenever you feel able. You'll always have a welcome here.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hello Everyone.I would like to thankyou all for your kind thoughts and the masses of emails sent to me. I had my first day out yesterday visiting my place of birth, Liverpool. My little girl loves to see where Daddy was born :-lol My health is bad, but under control. So taking it easy is important. My Liverpool Airport Scenery, built with 3DS Max 5.1 and Photoshop CS will still be released soon but Im only doing a little bit at a time.To get better, up-to-date Taxiway placement and building placement Im using FS9 AFCAD information. Using the screen grab from AFCAD as the background in the taxiway editor I downloaded from our friends at ROTW (Thanks guys) Im re-doing the taxiways. Not much change from my original, just more accurate for online flying.A revisit to Liverpool ended up in more picture taking for scenery files (textures) though I was told off by wifey for this :-lol Take care guys, I will be back soon...Kind regards, Steve.[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Shame on you Steve. Your wife told me to let her know if you visited and posted on the forums. It would appear that you are in big, big trouble now!!:-outta