Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

Maddog 2010, 50% off at SimMarket

Guys, it works perfectly with FSX, FSX:SE, but not P3D v2 and v3, only P3D 1.4

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

There is lots to learn!

Cheers

Perry

:smile:  and that's why this plane is awesome.

http://www.amevoice.com/forum/thread/502/mcdonnell-douglas-88-90-fcom-qrh-fctm/ -> be careful this is MD88 (so don't take numbers for account, but procedures are ok I guess)

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=175788

and many more arround the www

• Upvote 1

I think this is one of the most complex and involving aircrafts I own, its "retro" feeling is a,azing, imho.

It's a shame there won't be an updated VC version, lined up with state of the art. But I think that it is really worth, especially with 50% off.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

How long does it usually take to enable you posting permissions in the Maddog forums?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

:smile:  and that's why this plane is awesome.

http://www.amevoice.com/forum/thread/502/mcdonnell-douglas-88-90-fcom-qrh-fctm/ -> be careful this is MD88 (so don't take numbers for account, but procedures are ok I guess)

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=175788

and many more arround the www

Thanks, very handy handsheet! I found some deeper system info on smartcockpit, too.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Perry

How long does it usually take to enable you posting permissions in the Maddog forums?

I think forum enabling permission is almost abandoned, only previously registered users can post there. I can't post even if I'm a registered user from august 2014.

Riccardo

Thanks guys, that was really helpful. I thought I am not gonna use FSX much anymore, but guess that is going to change ;)

I installed the Maddog in FSX: SE under Windows 10 without problems and did a short flight. There is lots to learn!

Cheers

Perry

I'm very curious how you did it working in FSX SE! I installed it without problem but I get a CTD each time I select a livery :fool:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I'm very curious how you did it working in FSX SE! I installed it without problem but I get a CTD each time I select a livery :fool:

This is something I still have to find out. 

So far I installed it into FSX:SE and saved a default flight with the standard maddog. Like that I am able to use the Load Manager and start the sim from there, works fine.

Then I installed the livery pack. When selecting a livery after the default md is loaded I get it to load, but I only have a 2D cockpit. That’s why I never did a flight so far other than with the standard livery (which I like btw).

Let me know if you find out more.

Regards, Perry

This is something I still have to find out. 

So far I installed it into FSX:SE and saved a default flight with the standard maddog. Like that I am able to use the Load Manager and start the sim from there, works fine.

Then I installed the livery pack. When selecting a livery after the default md is loaded I get it to load, but I only have a 2D cockpit. That’s why I never did a flight so far other than with the standard livery (which I like btw).

Let me know if you find out more.

I don't have your "luck"! The install process is flawless but I can't go further even with the standard livery without a CTD.

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

I don't have your "luck"! The install process is flawless but I can't go further even with the standard livery without a CTD.

Sorry to hear! Do you have a single FSX install? I dumped mine for FSX SE.

Maybe you could open a new thread and post your crash reports. There is certainly some experienced people here on Avsim (not me).  :wink:

Regards, Perry

Yes single FSX install (New computer)! I'll see if there is a crash report(I'm not sure) I'll follow your recommandation to open a new thread :wink:

regards 

Patrick Mussotte

Guys, it works perfectly with FSX, FSX:SE, but not P3D v2 and v3, only P3D 1.4

looks like it does indeed :

title of the video "PREPAR3D v3, EL MADDOG LEONARDO VUELA PERFECTAMENTE"

meaning P3D the leonardo maddog flights perfectly

honestly I don't know where is the truth

All,

Not sure why, but some are able to install directly to FSX:SE without a problem - I suspect this works for people who have or had the disk version installed at some point.  I think it's a slightly different story for those who only have FSX:SE installed (and never had the disk version installed on their current windows install).

A few weeks ago I did a new windows install before switching to Steam, and I couldn't get the Maddog to install correctly (I had an install error saying a file was missing).  I wrote to Davide (support) and he was kind enough to provide me with another installer.  I don't know for sure, but he MAY have updated the downloadable installer - so I'd at least try to download it and install again to see if that works.

By the way... I've responded to several newly signed up forum posters over the past year (at least they appeared to be)... if you're having a problem with that, you may want to email support.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.