Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

Maddog 2010, 50% off at SimMarket

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

But it seems to be a really deep systems version.

Can you fly it from the VC?

Indeed!

this looks like FSX, does someone can confirm P3Dv3 compatibility ? (maybe with estonian tool ??)

I would be curious to know if this can be made to work in P3D as well.    Need a good MD8x simulator!

So FSX only.

Anybody use it in W10?

Can a flight be saved e.g. short of runway? I don' t always have time to run through all the motions and would like to load it up and get going..

So FSX only.

No, it is actually a FS9 addon. The FSX version is just a port over.

No, it is actually a FS9 addon. The FSX version is just a port over.

Understood.

Do you know about saving a flight, so one doesn't have to go from cold and dark all the time?

I've long been tempted by this, as I like the MD-80 ever since I saw this

My PC meets the processor requirement exactly and exceeds it on everything else. Can anyone tell me how well or badly this thing actually performs graphically?

Understood.

Do you know about saving a flight, so one doesn't have to go from cold and dark all the time?

Yes, that is very easy as you can save and load the panel state at any given moment. 

Thanks guys, that was really helpful. I thought I am not gonna use FSX much anymore, but guess that is going to change ;)

I installed the Maddog in FSX: SE under Windows 10 without problems and did a short flight. There is lots to learn!

Cheers

Perry

I purchased this on sale a few years ago but have not really flown it.  The problem is the VC textures (and actually 2D textures as well).  Once you have flown the modern aircraft going to something that looks fuzzy is really tough.  This addon is in desperate need of a makeover to 2015 standards.

• Upvote 1

I think this is one of the most complex and involving aircrafts I own, its "retro" feeling is a,azing, imho.

It's a shame there won't be an updated VC version, lined up with state of the art. But I think that it is really worth, especially with 50% off.

:smile:  and that's why this plane is awesome.

http://www.amevoice.com/forum/thread/502/mcdonnell-douglas-88-90-fcom-qrh-fctm/ -> be careful this is MD88 (so don't take numbers for account, but procedures are ok I guess)

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=175788

and many more arround the www

Thanks, very handy handsheet! I found some deeper system info on smartcockpit, too.

• Upvote 1

How long does it usually take to enable you posting permissions in the Maddog forums?

I think forum enabling permission is almost abandoned, only previously registered users can post there. I can't post even if I'm a registered user from august 2014.

Thanks guys, that was really helpful. I thought I am not gonna use FSX much anymore, but guess that is going to change ;)

I installed the Maddog in FSX: SE under Windows 10 without problems and did a short flight. There is lots to learn!

Cheers

Perry

I'm very curious how you did it working in FSX SE! I installed it without problem but I get a CTD each time I select a livery :fool:

I'm very curious how you did it working in FSX SE! I installed it without problem but I get a CTD each time I select a livery :fool:

This is something I still have to find out. 

So far I installed it into FSX:SE and saved a default flight with the standard maddog. Like that I am able to use the Load Manager and start the sim from there, works fine.

Then I installed the livery pack. When selecting a livery after the default md is loaded I get it to load, but I only have a 2D cockpit. That’s why I never did a flight so far other than with the standard livery (which I like btw).

Let me know if you find out more.

This is something I still have to find out. 

So far I installed it into FSX:SE and saved a default flight with the standard maddog. Like that I am able to use the Load Manager and start the sim from there, works fine.

Then I installed the livery pack. When selecting a livery after the default md is loaded I get it to load, but I only have a 2D cockpit. That’s why I never did a flight so far other than with the standard livery (which I like btw).

Let me know if you find out more.

I don't have your "luck"! The install process is flawless but I can't go further even with the standard livery without a CTD.

I don't have your "luck"! The install process is flawless but I can't go further even with the standard livery without a CTD.

Sorry to hear! Do you have a single FSX install? I dumped mine for FSX SE.

Maybe you could open a new thread and post your crash reports. There is certainly some experienced people here on Avsim (not me).  :wink: