Sign in to follow this  
RXP

GTN Touch v2.2.1 64-bits for X-Plane 10 / Windows 10 (updated)

Fantastic product.  Really helps fill the void in good X-Plane IFR avionics - Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Hoping it will move forward into XP 11 when the time is right for that to happen.

Thank you for your kind words!

I've announced it a few days ago but I don't remember where, so I'll announce it again here:

As far as I know, it looks like the XP11 SDK is very close to the XP10 SDK and I hope it will be a straightforward port to XP11. So provided the X-Plane 11 SDK does not break everything and makes us work for months, all our customers will receive a free update to X-Plane 11!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Yes this is consistent with the other reports, and the v2.2.1 release candidate (not publicly released yet) seems to correct this with the couple customers we've send it too.

Now it works pretty fine! I have only to learn, how to intergrate it better into a aeroplane

You might want to review the videos I've posted on the forums (straight from Garmin's website). As for integration, the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in your aircraft folder is designed to suit most (if not all) cases of panel integration.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

As for integration, the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in your aircraft folder is designed to suit most (if not all) cases of panel integration

As RXP said, GTN works straight out of the box with most payware stuff.

There are exceptions, mostly in more "exotic" things. For example, Tu-154 from Felis. He used some custom hooks to connect KLN90 to ABSU, so obviously GTN can't connect with the AP, even if you use GPS as a nav source.

Bummer, but I guess it's up to specific developers to try to make it integrated. However, as I said, vast majority of the payware addons have no issue working with it straight out of the box. 

You might want to review the videos I've posted on the forums (straight from Garmin's website).

I must misunderstand something about the integration. Is it that you just "overlay" it on a panel and next time the unit is loaded it shows up where it was placed? The only video I found was the one from post #60 and there it was used as a pop-up window. Likely confused because of being familiar with the way the other GTN available is integrated in 3D panels on the ESP platform.

Hans

It's a brand new product, there are no "in VC" integrations yet.  It will show up as a 2d popup like we have in P3D.  Or you can probably edit an aircraft in planemaker and stick it in a panel if there's space.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

X-Plane is different to FS in that there is no 'gauge' and no 'panel'. Because of this, our plugin(s) use an in-house custom framework which allows us to design our gauges on top of a virtual panel and gauge abstraction.

In X-Plane, there are 'rendering' states which plugins take advantage of to render at the correct time. This permits rendering the popup window (window rendering state), into the 2D panel (2D panel state) and the 3D panel (3D panel state).

For that matter, we provide the means to configure the GTN for those 3 states in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file.

It consists in defining 'display' properties with their positions and dimensions, their type (window, 2d, 3d), and a couple of other settings. Then, you have to tell the gauge which 'display property' to draw to (with the drawto= setting).

With this in place, you can make the GTN render to any location/size both in the 2D panel and 3D panel, and you are not even limited to 1 instance: you can render 1 GTN to 2 or more 'render' locations!

It's a brand new product, there are no "in VC" integrations yet.  It will show up as a 2d popup like we have in P3D.  Or you can probably edit an aircraft in planemaker and stick it in a panel if there's space.

X-Plane is different to FS in that there is no 'gauge' and no 'panel'. Because of this, our plugin(s) use an in-house custom framework which allows us to design our gauges on top of a virtual panel and gauge abstraction.

In X-Plane, there are 'rendering' states which plugins take advantage of to render at the correct time. This permits rendering the popup window (window rendering state), into the 2D panel (2D panel state) and the 3D panel (3D panel state).

For that matter, we provide the means to configure the GTN for those 3 states in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file.

It consists in defining 'display' properties with their positions and dimensions, their type (window, 2d, 3d), and a couple of other settings. Then, you have to tell the gauge which 'display property' to draw to (with the drawto= setting).

With this in place, you can make the GTN render to any location/size both in the 2D panel and 3D panel, and you are not even limited to 1 instance: you can render 1 GTN to 2 or more 'render' locations!

Thanks for your explanations. Sounds straightforward and not too complicated but I have the feeling that it goes beyond my skills  :fool:  . Maybe someone can share and show us how to modify the ini for bringing the GTN into a sample aircraft VC, that would be very kind.

Hans

Thanks for your explanations. Sounds straightforward and not too complicated but I have the feeling that it goes beyond my skills  :fool:  . Maybe someone can share and show us how to modify the ini for bringing the GTN into a sample aircraft VC, that would be very kind.

This please. I'm very interested in buying this, but not knowing how to incorporate it into an aircraft is holding me back. I use X-Plane.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

First and foremost, the GTN installs in any aircraft with a click on the Reality XP plugin menu!

This will render in a popup window, that you can move and resize (you can even depress the SHIFT key while dragging the edges to resize proportionally). The last position/size gets saved and restored anytime you fly the aircraft again.

As for 2D/3D panel integration, it is quite simple too: with plane maker, you can get a look at the panel texture and choose the correct location/size in adding a dummy gauge (I wish x,y,w,h values gets displayed in the application but I've not found how). Once noted, remove the dummy gauge and use these x,y,w,h into the RealityXP.GTN.ini file.

After the release of the v2.2.2 update, I'll try to provide config files for a couple of default aircraft, this shall get everybody started, while waiting for third party developers to catch up and offer standard integration, like this upcoming Mooney 20:

http://forums.afmsimulation.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1447

• Upvote 1

Hi Jean-Luc,

I have uploaded a freeware Bell 429 http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/34702-bell-429-global-ranger/ which has the default Garmin 430/530.

I have your GTN750 and trying to work out the RealityXP.GTN.ini file for the 3D cockpit so I can provide a GTN 650/750 version where people can buy your GTN and have a helicopter all setup to use it.

or

I'll try to provide config files for a couple of default aircraft, this shall get everybody started

Tom.

With X-Plane 11 beta, and the work on the other Garmin products we're working on, I've been completely swamped since I've posted I'll post some default aircraft config files.

I sincerely appreciate your help Tom, and this will give me a good occasion to try out your nice helicopter in X-Plane too!

I can't wait to have it equipped with our G500H too!