Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

Just throwing this out there - can we have one thread here when someone is aware of a V3 updated addon we can post it here ? 

Rich Sennett

You beat me to it.

KSFOHD cannot be installed with 2.xx still on the drive, BTW.

I removed my old version and it installed just fine.

How do you uninstall the version 2.xx?

Jim

EDIT: forget it... I figured it out!

Jim Vasto

PrecipitFX updated - just launch exe and V3 option is there to choose

Rich Sennett

PMDG NGX and B777...not recommended to install with multiple versions, but can be done (legally).

ASN (beta)  build 5751 (new version already out after a problem with initial release)

All Virtuali interfaced products (FSDreamteam/Flightbeam) -- requires at least v 3.0.0.8 of bglmanx.dll (Addon Manager)

Drzweicki EETN (Talinn) released new version today with V3 installer

FSUIPC beta 4.945a detects and installs into V3, but throws a warning since it was built on a pre-release P3D3 beta

UTX Canada v2 (release imminent) comes with native v3 installer, patches for UTX USA/EU V2 expected in days

MyTraffic 6.0 installable by pointing installer to V3 directory (dev is soliciting feedback from anyone having issues)

Radar Contact V4 and most other add-ons that use pure FSUIPC connectivity to the sim (QuantumLeap, VasMon etc)

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I managed to get Aivlasoft EFB working but an official update from them should be out shortly.

vPilot also seems to work with no issues (with all legacy and current simconnect libraries installed)

No issues with the Majestic Q400 although again, the official update from them is not yet out.

Isn't it just easier to copy the V3 registry entries as V2 (which is all the difference there is - a 2 became a 3) and install everything as it was V2?

If there are no EULA stuff you have to respect, that can be done and works like a charm. In my country you own the software you buy, so forgive me if you can't by some reason.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Richard, maybe you can update your first post and list this compatible addons in first post? I think it will be much better. 

Isn't it just easier to copy the V3 registry entries as V2 (which is all the difference there is - a 2 became a 3) and install everything as it was V2?

If there are no EULA stuff you have to respect, that can be done and works like a charm. In my country you own the software you buy, so forgive me if you can't by some reason.

No, substantial changes have been made in V3, Not only that, the primary P3D folders are now NOT the place to place addons - this is precisely why we need this topic as it's almost certain that several of these quick release solutions are NOT actually P3D compliant, so we need to highlight those that are.

No, substantial changes have been made in V3, Not only that, the primary P3D folders are now NOT the place to place addons - this is precisely why we need this topic as it's almost certain that several of these quick release solutions are NOT actually P3D compliant, so we need to highlight those that are.

Sure. I just didn't want to reinstall everything i had.

I think that it was about time that developers would stop cluttering the FSX/P3D folders with their software and also modifying original FS files which is pretty bad as well (although sometimes required with FSX - older software). With active development that should stop.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

We are two days in to V3. Now is not the time to be rushing to install anything.

It looks already like developers are not heeding L-M recommendations, and I for one would like to understand the implications of this before I point any installer or manually add ANY addon to the mix. 

It looks already like developers are not heeding L-M recommendations, and I for one would like to understand the implications of this before I point any installer or manually add ANY addon to the mix. 

The implications are, next time LM comes with an update or hotfix, you - and me - can start re-installing P3D3 anew, as it was in P3D2. Very bad.

Im my eyes the new guidelines are one of the most clever features of P3D3. If they would be respected by our beloved developers, of course.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

It looks already like developers are not heeding L-M recommendations ...

It will certainly take some time until 3rd party can catch up with the changes.

On the other hand, people desperately want to use their products in the new P3D, so I can very well understand the developer dilemma.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Yes, I would prefer to install my existing addons to comply with the new file and folder structure implemented for v3. If we stick to that, then we should all be able to avoid any excessive reinstall headaches when the core sim is upgraded.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png