Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

My Traffic 6

Is anyone noticed in v3 there being a crap load of airplanes with Ai settings turned down. I currently backed mine down to 10% and it seems real crowded.

Kevin Humphryes

MT6 says...well along these lines.......Set @30% is like real life amount of aircraft, so even 10% is like 33% of normal.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

MT6 says...well along these lines.......Set @30% is like real life amount of aircraft, so even 10% is like 33% of normal.

I guess what the OP means is that with the same settings as in P3D v2.5 you get much more AI traffic in v3. That's also what I am seeing. At 30% I regularly get more than 250 AI planes in the sim (as displayed by Airtraffic Manager). In v2.5 this was only rarely more than 150 in the same spots.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi David-

You mentioned a traffic manager that you used with MT6 in order to improve frame rates. What's the name of that? I'm going to reinstall MT6 in 3.0 this weekend and would like to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi David-

You mentioned a traffic manager that you used with MT6 in order to improve frame rates. What's the name of that? I'm going to reinstall MT6 in 3.0 this weekend and would like to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mark

Here you go:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/

Requires Simconnect client to be installed.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I use Traffic manager all the time, works great.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I guess what the OP means is that with the same settings as in P3D v2.5 you get much more AI traffic in v3. That's also what I am seeing. At 30% I regularly get more than 250 AI planes in the sim (as displayed by Airtraffic Manager). In v2.5 this was only rarely more than 150 in the same spots.

Interesting comment as a few people are saying MT6 is making stutters (Rob) when using Traffic manager.

I set airline traffic (only one I use) to 0 last night and my FPS jump up 20-30 frames I know traffic managers gives 66% back but if like you say MT6 is loading a ton load more AI than the same setting in 2.5, it might be because of the huge about more it has to cull.

I might try just 5%.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I noticed this too. I have mine set down to 15% and I use the traffic manager tool which is now more crucial than ever.  I usually limit to between 50-75 planes.  Honestly my FPS seem great so far in v3, but My Traffic 6 is a real FPS killer if you don't limit things.  I'm running, Orbx Global, Vector, REX, ASN and FSDT KIAH in the Turbine DUke, and sitting on runway 15 with no traffic I'm at 45-50 fps.  Put traffic at 30% with no limiter and it drops to about 25.  Putting traffic at 15% and limiting to 50 planes gives me most if not all FPS back.  There's still a decent amount of traffic as well at that level.

There is an obvious interplay between the P3d UI AI traffic percentages and the Traffic Optimizer "user bubble" limit. Once one sets the TO user bubble to a number like 50, the performance results will be more or less be consistent everywhere, except at the arrival and departure airports. Of course that option can be turned off.

Even if one sets AI traffic to 100%, that just makes more "work" for the TO in complying with the user bubble request.

I'm amazed that LM hasn't already incorporated this simple and elegant logic directly into the P3d UI.

There is an obvious interplay between the P3d UI AI traffic percentages and the Traffic Optimizer "user bubble" limit. Once one sets the TO user bubble to a number like 50, the performance results will be more or less be consistent everywhere, except at the arrival and departure airports. Of course that option can be turned off.

Even if one sets AI traffic to 100%, that just makes more "work" for the TO in complying with the user bubble request.

I'm amazed that LM hasn't already incorporated this simple and elegant logic directly into the P3d UI.

Agreed, this should either be a part of P3D or of My Traffic.

I use Traffic manager all the time, works great.  

Do you set the traffic within the sim to 100% and then use Traffic Manager to adjust downwards?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I am also using traffic manager but everytime it optimises the FPS actually drops 20% and then goes back up after a while.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Here you go:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/

Requires Simconnect client to be installed.

I have the Traffic Manager that I tried to use in P3Dv3 but I get an error that appears to be SimConnect related.  How do you install SimConnect?  I assumed I already had it since I am running PMDG and ASN.  Thanks!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11