Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Which pushback method do you use? GSX or PMDG's?

For those who own both products, which is the better of the two when it comes to using pushback?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

GSX, IMO without a doubt. Right on the taxi line every time.

• Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

GSX for sure.  PMDG's method serves well if you don't have GSX

• Upvote 1

GSX

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I haven't seen much difference in how the aircraft is pushed. But...

...keep in mind the GSX pushback will give you the animated tug and the walker, which will make te procedure look much more real, once you care to look outside.

The GSX pushback uses the AFCAD file and pushes back on the taxi markings as it should be. The PMDG utility is reliant on your judgement of distance. It's all a matter of how immersive you want the whole thing to be. But I find the start/pushback and taxi phase of the flight to be one of the best parts of the experience.

GSX for sure. Plus you get the catering trucks, fuel trucks and loading animation.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards Ted Kiser

GSX even includes deicing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

GSX even includes deicing. 

Yup! GSX is deicing on decake!  :P

GSX..PMDG ones has a very large turn radius and it might just put u on the grass instead of taxi way

I agree that GSX is a superior push back option, and loved it when I had it installed... but ... it still conflicts with EZDOC.  Even if you set up GSX with different hotkeys to avoid the interference, EZDOC still gets randomly hammered and stops working completely with GSX usage.  I tried many things to fix the problems, but couldn't avoid the random EZDOC dropouts.  Without GSX installed, EZDOC works flawlessly for me.

If anyone knows a foolproof fix to allow full compatibility, please let me know.  EZDOC views are a far more important feature for me than GSX, so for now, I've opted to forego reinstalling GSX.

Just wanted the OP to know that GSX is a superior push back utility, but that there are still problems with EZDOC.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

If you use the STRG + F12 (SHIFT + F) version, just press the combination twice again and EZDOK is working again. I know it's a bit annoying, but for me the only solution so far. 

• Upvote 1

Philipp Schwaegerl