Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

I have the same problem and It does not help when renamed or deleted Cameras.cfg and Prepar3D.cfg. I have done it dozens of times and no result. Also, try to replace Cameras.cfg and Prepar3d.cfg with the previous version files but also don`t have any results,

So far, I don`t know what's the problem and how it fix. I've already done everything possible tests and not progressing.

I've been having some very strange problems with ORBX NZ scenery coupled with odd camera effects:

- frequently the airport terrain is at the wrong level with polygons clashing and overlapping badly around the runway and apron. I've seen this mostly at NZWN.

- the aircraft is embedded in this slightly elevated scenery.

- the camera jumps outside of the aircraft and won't reset, sometimes rendering the controls inactive. All subsequent camera views are offset incorrectly.

This only happens sometimes and when it's all working I know the cameras and general settings and systems are all working A-OK.

I've reinstalled the scenery, reinstalled ORBX Vector, rerun the elevation correction numerous times and reinstalled the orbxlibs. Sometimes it comes right, other times not. Strangely I've only seen this in my NZNI/SI scenery.

But I've also been having some problems with my controls - seeming some are resetting and I've yet to get to the bottom of it. It's dropping in default key mappings including the occasional stray next camera control mapping which might be related.

Something odd I just saw when reloading, is the plane initially appears to load in correctly at the right height, and then when it maybe initialises the plane it jumps to this new wrong camera position.

I've not gotten to the bottom of this... but I'm suspicious that something somewhere really isn't right. It's frustrating but a reload or restart or two and it seems to come right.

(I'm also running the latest AS16 hotfix, FSUIPC and GSX).

how to get back default normal VC eyepoint (everything was fine P3.3.2 and P3.3.5) but now in 3.4 is a default VC view totally disoriented (outside airplane and the view flickers) and some sort of setup doesn`t work (eyepoint can`t move anymore though buttons are set in Control setting).

I have experimented with replacing some files for example changed cameras.cfg and Controls with previous version files, also Prepar 3D.cfg (in ...AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3) but not  result, VC default view still persists.

Because I could not to work P3.4 with Client uninstall/install then i had to do full P3.4 install and that means, that this view problem is completely in default installation (no addons).

Never before had behaved so strangely simulator (since Fs9,Fsx, P3dv1,2,3)!

i have Windows 7 and Saitek X52 and NVidia GeForce (no Occulus)

.not help when renamed or deleted Cameras.cfg and Prepar3D.cfg. I have done it dozens of times and no result. Also, try to replace Cameras.cfg and Prepar3d.cfg with the previous version files but also don`t have any results,

So far, I don`t know what's the problem and how it fix. I've already done everything possible tests and not progressing.

I'm still experimenting.....

uninstalled P3.4 and deleted necessary folders (restarting  computer) ,removing joystick, then complete P3.4 installed a new location (no anymore ...E:./Program Files(x86)/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3) now .to E:/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v3... restarting computer.

Starting Prepar3D with default flight ( no anymore joy, only mouse and keyboard). default VC views are misplaced.  In Setup/ Control/Menu i disabled all assignments,no one  key has not,I can only in simulator to operate with mouse by menu. Restarting computer  and launching Prepar3Dv3 with default flight.........All the problems with views exactly same - VC cockpit default eyepoint  outside plane.....

I am afraid that an error has occurred outside P3, somewhere in Windows... but where and what exatly?

I'm still experimenting

Try this one last thing,  If this Does Not work,  Create an account of the Prepar3D Forums,  Start a Thread  and post a Detailed message on your situation with loads of Information http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6312

======================

Check here............ 

Go to your Control Panel "Programs and Features"  do you have Prepar3D V3  Client Content and Scenery here? 

Do you have 17 Default Yellow folders in your main Prepar3D Installed folder ? (Count them, You would be surprised) 

You have plugged out all controllers ?   Did you check at the back and front of your PC ?

Is there any back round program Interfering with Prepar3D ? Check Task Manager ?

Have you have added your Prepar3D folder to your Exclusions Zone of your Anti virus Software ?

Have you Disabled your UAC  User Account Control ?

Have you tried Updating your Graphics Drivers ?  

Have you tried doing a System Restore to an earlier time ? 

==============

Please try this............

Locate and Delete these 5 folders (Important)  

Prepar3D will rebuild them again with Default files and folders when it starts 

Right Click and Delete the 5 folders in Blue   Delete all 5 before you start Prepar3D for the next time 

► Libraries ► Documents ► Prepar3D v3 files \ Prepar3D v3 Add-ons

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

After ​you do this,  Go to your Main Prepar3D folder,  Right Click on Prepar3D.exe and  "Run as administrator"   (Important) 

Has anyone noticed that you can leave skidmarks if you lock up the brakes? Although on duals you just get a single mark.

Yep, pretty cool! I like that kind of attention to detail :) 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I just loaded back the sim today after being away for a year.  3.4 so far looks great to me.   My PMDG 737 sitting at FSDT's KDFW with maxed out sliders is leaving me with 1.5gigs of VRAM and I am locked at 30 FPS and it's buttery delicious smooth... so long as ALL AI traffic and Airport Ground Traffic and Highway Traffic is set off.    GTX 980 with older 3930K @ 4.8ghz OC.

I have ASN, REX4 Direct, GEXP3D, UTX 2.1 loaded so far.   Doing a full shake down flight tonight for a couple hours.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

My two biggest takeaways are this:

1) Turn of Vsync...especially if you undock windows to another screen.  Seems to have a massive impact on frames.

2) Back off the Level of Detail radius to High (I think this correlates to 4.5) and you will never have a VAS issue.

Pretty simple, looks fantastic, performs well.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Update on my hassles with wonky airfield graphics, aircraft embedded in the tarmac and offset views, I just loaded the A2A Comanche for a first flight into NZWN and things were screwed up. Then I jumped to NZAA where everything was OK, then back to NZWN and it's all fine. 

This does suggest there's a bug in P3D in that it works sometimes but not others.

Thanks Elaine.
Do you happen to know which entry is responsible for the horizon moving up/down when accelerating/braking ?

With the v3.3 P3D.cfg that does not happen.

Gerard

Hello Gerard.  I didn't know that was you on the Prepar3D forums till now :)    

To be honest i don't know the answer to that question,  But regardless of what Prepar3D.cfg you use the 14 additional 3.4 Entries will still be added to your Prepar3D.cfg (old 3.3) when you start Prepar3D 

You say your old Prepar3D.cfg from 3.3 works smoother with no stutters,  Is it possible that you have added additional tweaks to your 3.3.cfg that you haven't ported over to the 3.4 Prepar3D.cfg  Yet ? 

3.3 and 3.4 Prepar3D.cfg's are identical apart from these Entries, as i said though these are loaded in anyway when you start Prepar3D 

=========================

These are the 14 Additional Entries added to your Prepar3D.cfg with Client update 3.4 

SCREEN_CAPTURE_MAX_JOBS=10
VIDEO_CAPTURE_WIDTH=480
VIDEO_CAPTURE_HEIGHT=360
VIDEO_CAPTURE_FPS=30
VIDEO_CAPTURE_BIT_RATE=800000

ViewGroup_Number=-1

PANELS_ALWAYS_ON_TOP=0

ScreenshotImageFormat=0

EnableRibbonVisuals=0
ShowRibbonUser=0
ShowRibbonGroundAI=0
ShowRibbonAircraftAI=0
RibbonFidelity=5.000000
RibbonMaxDistance=3218.689941

Rob, v3.4 adds new features that also are placed in the p3d.cfg file.
Eg : now when accelerating/braking the horizon goes down or up a bit..

Not sure what you mean here?  I responded to your question over on LM's forum, but will repeat here.

The new entries to Prepar3D.cfg should not present any issue you describe, but here are the new entries for V3.4:

[GRAPHICS]
SCREEN_CAPTURE_MAX_JOBS=10
VIDEO_CAPTURE_WIDTH=480
VIDEO_CAPTURE_HEIGHT=360
VIDEO_CAPTURE_FPS=30
VIDEO_CAPTURE_BIT_RATE=800000
ViewGroup_Number=-1

[PANELS]
QUICKTIPS=1
PANELS_ALWAYS_ON_TOP=1

[uSERINTERFACE]
ScreenshotImageFormat=0

[AContain]
EnableRibbonVisuals=0
ShowRibbonUser=0
ShowRibbonGroundAI=0
ShowRibbonAircraftAI=0
RibbonFidelity=5.000000
RibbonMaxDistance=3218.689941

[NavigationVisuals]
EnableFacilityVisuals=True
ShowAirportVisuals=False
ShowVORVisuals=False
ShowNDBVisuals=False
ShowTACANVisuals=False
ShowILSVisuals=False
ShowAirspaceBoundaryVisuals=False
ShowWeatherStationVisuals=False
ShowWaypointVisuals=False
ShowVictorAirwayVisuals=False
ShowJetAirwayVisuals=False

If you can provide a video or more info that might help me understand the issue that would great.

Cheers, Rob.

Here is what I mean :

Standing at the runway

IMG_5400.JPG

The horizon goes down gradually till this height when accelerating

IMG_5402.JPG

Here after touchdown when braking the horizon comes up gradually

image1.JPG

After releasing the brakes

image2.JPG

I uses the Prosim Flightmodel.

With the p3d.cfg v3.3 file the horizon does not move when accelerating/braking. With the p3d.cfg v3.4 file it does.. 

This feature is very nice but it is too much for a 737.

Half the moving distance would be more real.

---

Regarding the perfomance I only use :

- AM

- FTFF

In both cfg version files...  

Exept for the new entries , everyhing is set the same in both.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Isn't the effect you show here caused by the values under the head movement section in Prepar3D.cfg?

I remember I always set all those values to 0 when I was using TrackIR.

Richard Åsberg

Don't know Richard.

I never touched these values, so why did it start working in v3.4 in the first place ?

But I will compare those values..

Thanks

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Don't know Richard.

I never touched these values, so why did it start working in v3.4 in the first place ?

But I will compare those values..

Thanks

I agree if you never touched any of these values it must be something else. Could it be that you changed it way back and just forgot about it? Because that would explain why you all of a sudden see this change after the cfg file has been rebuilt.

This is what this section looks like in my case and if you change all these values to 0 you should no longer see any of these effects. Worth a try I guess, just make a backup of the original cfg file or values first so you can go back easily if it doesn't fix you problem.

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

Richard Åsberg

I agree if you never touched any of these values it must be something else. Could it be that you changed it way back and just forgot about it? Because that would explain why you all of a sudden see this change after the cfg file has been rebuilt.

This is what this section looks like in my case and if you change all these values to 0 you should no longer see any of these effects. Worth a try I guess, just make a backup of the original cfg file or values first so you can go back easily if it doesn't fix you problem.

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

Richard, you are my hero !

MaxHeadAngle in my v3.3 p3d.cfg file :  0.00001

MaxHeadAngle in my v3.4 p3d.cfg file : 5.000000

Now I can try with 0.00001 and perhaps tweak it till  2.000000, depending on performance result..

---

Regarding the performance difference between the 2 p3d.cfg versions : I will add the new lines seperately or in a group ( if they belong in a group ) to see if I can find out the what causes the difference on my system...

Regards,  

Glad to hear that Gerard! Everyone in here knows how nice it is when you find a solution to your issues.

Richard Åsberg