Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Hey guys and gals,

Please share your experiences with the new P3D sim 3.4.  Looking forward to read your experiences.  I know Orbx already updated their Dlls.  Heck, they released it less than an hour of the p3D 3.4 public release.

How is the VAS, performance, upgrade experience from 3.35 etc  I will test VR later on a clean test system but if you have tried native VR already - please let me know.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Testing Right now.

Because AS16 and ASCE are not working so i use Opus weather.

at least i think to see NO difference in VAS usage but the sim feels Little smoother to me.

That's my two Cents for the moment

Carsten

Testing Right now.

Because AS16 and ASCE are not working so i use Opus weather.

at least i think to see NO difference in VAS usage but the sim feels Little smoother to me.

That's my two Cents for the moment

Carsten

Hifi Team is very fast, I am sure the update will be out shortly.  Excellent to hear that sim is smoother for you.

i hope the better smootheness is not related to missing AS16 and ASCE..... :fool:

i hope the better smootheness is not related to missing AS16 and ASCE..... :fool:

I was just about to say...that's probably the Opus weather engine :wink:

I am using REX for weather in P3D...is there a better one now?

I am using REX for weather in P3D...is there a better one now?

Yes AS16

• Upvote 4

How is the experience so far everyone? I will try it out after 4pm when the market closes

How is the experience so far everyone? I will try it out after 4pm when the market closes

I will wait for fsuipc/as16/orbx/gtn750 before I go

I'm downloading, but it's already 9.30 pm. Anyways , just installed p3d v3.3 the other day on my new rig, with a few addons, will wait for a couple of days and see what happens

I installed the 3.4 client only and p3d not start - have 4.6 net, win10 1607, etc.

Reinstalled 3.2 and it started and worked ok - can you go from 3.2 to 3.4 in one jump?

I installed the 3.4 client only and p3d not start - have 4.6 net, win10 1607, etc.

Reinstalled 3.2 and it started and worked ok - can you go from 3.2 to 3.4 in one jump?

Yes.  Look in your dll for some add on that is not working. That could prevent p3d from starting.

Vic

Loaded the complete works and although Control Panel ID's the setup as 3.4.9.18400; P3D itself in Help/About lists the version as 3.2.3.16769 ???

Guys does AS16 need updating for this new version of P3D - getting some error messages - thanks 

Guys does AS16 need updating for this new version of P3D - getting some error messages - thanks 

Yes it does, same with couatl engine, SODE, fsuipc...

Page 17 of my P3D Guide ... page 128 of my P3D Guide to disable entries so you can run without until they are updated ... 

What is the standard way of updating this.

DO NOT UNINSTALL the Client Version and inst over V 3.35

UNINSTALL th CLIENT and REINSTALL CLIENT 3.4.

Thanks.

I have tried my dk2 with P3d 3.4 and have to say although its nice that they support VR, its not near  Flyinside. Hopefully Dan, the developer, will take advantage of native VR support.

What is the standard way of updating this.

DO NOT UNINSTALL the Client Version and inst over V 3.35

UNINSTALL th CLIENT and REINSTALL CLIENT 3.4.

Thanks.

ALWAYS uninstall the client and then install the update. Same goes for the Content and Scenery if you wish to update them also.

Vic

ALWAYS uninstall the client and then install the update. Same goes for the Content and Scenery if you wish to update them also.

Vic

Any reason to update Content and Scenery?

How is the display of airport and waypoint labels? This is something I've been wanting ever since FS Discover days with FSX

Page 17 of my P3D Guide ... page 128 of my P3D Guide to disable entries so you can run without until they are updated ... 

Thanks Rob well aware of your answer but was thinking this time it was not needed due to no postS that I could find on hifisim forums this time about it not working this time 

Are there any performance improvements in terms of VAS and frame rates?