Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

How does this translate practically?  Is this like an enhanced panning feature akin to EZDOk or Opus Camera?

• Added Cinematographer control mode enabling high fidelity camera control

How does this translate practically?  Is this like an enhanced panning feature akin to EZDOk or Opus Camera?

Sounds interesting... My guess would be something like enhanced controls with regards to video creation and streaming?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Greatful for all the changes. It's a fantastic list of fixes/improvements.

But slightly disappointed that they haven't done anything to the recorder/playback feature. This would have dovetailed in nicely to enhanced camera control features during external playback scenarios. There is currently no way to smoothly play back recorded tracks with all animations/parameters working correctly.

• Upvote 1

Greatful for all the changes. It's a fantastic list of fixes/improvements. But slightly disappointed that they haven't done anything to the recorder/playback feature. This would have dovetailed in nicely to enhanced camera control features during external playback scenarios.

+1

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

What does this mean in practical terms

• Support for alpha blending for custom zbias layering

Before updating, has anybody issues with airport sceneries with the new version?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Sounds interesting... My guess would be something like enhanced controls with regards to video creation and streaming?

I've tried it and it's kinda clunky. You can smoothly translate the camera around via assigned axes, but panning the camera itself is awkward since most axes reset to a zero position after releasing pressure on them, so your view resets to zero azimuth. And if you assigned all your axes to the camera controls, then you don't have anymore to fly the plane.

so are the any actual posts that have any information on how the Sim runs? Or are there just 3 pages of questions regarding updates and how to install the new p3d update? I can't believe how off track this thing has gotten and how there is two posts regarding actual p3d v3.4 experiences.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

so are the any actual posts that have any information on how the Sim runs? Or are there just 3 pages of questions regarding updates and how to install the new p3d update? I can't believe how off track this thing has gotten and how there is two posts regarding actual p3d v3.4 experiences.

Performance wise, it feels identical to 3.3.5. This update is mainly bug fixes and VR features as the changelog states, so I didn't expect any real performance improvements.

To those who have upgraded to 3.4 - are there any VAS improvements (from what I notice from changelog - it could be the same)

3.35 is definitely working fine and I am waiting to test the new VR with Flyinside but do the other bug fixes provide more stablity in the sim.

Anyone Check UK2000? do those sceneries work well in 3.4?

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Anyone Check UK2000? do those sceneries work well in 3.4?

I am also interested in this and others have commented thay they have experienced no issues.

I am also interested in this and others have commented thay they have experienced no issues.

Egll uk2000 works fine including jet ways in 3.4

Performance wise, it feels identical to 3.3.5. This update is mainly bug fixes and VR features as the changelog states, so I didn't expect any real performance improvements.

I didn't either. I'm still on 3.2. I was pointing out the fact that this thread isn't really showing its purpose lol

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Terrible, reverted back to 3.35. :Shame On You:

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Posted a video that I found in another thread explaining how that mode works below. I am still waiting for some compatibility issues to be be addressed before I move over, but it looks cool. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson