Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Jeepers! I was all set to do the Client upgrade this morning then I read these. Smooth operation of TIR and my Saitek Rhino HOTAS is essential my my P3D enjoyment. Now I'm on the fence again. Dang!

It's obviously just me mate. You mustn't let a few posts influence you, think of all the positives that have been put up.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

TrackIR is no longer nice and smooth since the update. There used to be no difference between FSX and P3D on the same settings. Anyone else notice a difference?

I'm not seeing a difference.  I am seeing two camera views of basically the VC though...  something to do with VR perhaps?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The only issue I had was my CH manager, which I thought I had uninstalled, when I had problems with the CH rudder pedals with Version 3, caused problems with 3.4.  Brakes were stuck in reverse, no matter what I did to reverse the toe brake action, until I uninstalled the CH manager software, or what was left of it. Now I could see the CH pedals in P3D, which I could not before, and it was just a matter of setting them up. I did notice that my keyboard does not show up on P3D controls, and I thought it was listed before. 

I do see what is an apparent bug in 3.4  When setting controls, there doesn't seem to be anyway to have a key repeat the command when the key is held down.  There is a column for repeat, but nothing in that column and no apparent way to set the key to repeat, for instance when setting elevator trim.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I sucked it up and did a Client (Professional) upgrade this afternoon. The first attempt ended immediately as I had not upgraded to .NET 4.6 yet, so the installer flagged a problem and immediately halted. After fixing that, the upgrade went smoothly. I deleted the shaders and Prepar3d.cfg and started P3D a few times with a couple of select system reboots in there just to be sure...

I restored all my settings and things generally appear to be running well. I noted a few FPS and VAS values for some specific scenarios prior to upgrading, then checked them with 3.4.9 Client. For me: VAS: a very slight increase in usage (like 20-30M, which is just about background noise), and no significant change in FPS (perhaps a small fraction of a drop, but negligible at best). I did not feel there was any significant change in visuals or smoothness.

I have not messed with trying to change controller settings but controls themselves seem to be performing as before the upgrade. My initial impression is this upgrade was a bit of a waste of time since none of the new features are terribly significant to me and nor am I  seeing a performance improvement. Obviously, staying current is a good idea but whether I keep this release or go back to 3.3.5 will depend on how well my add-ons work with it.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Anyone knows how to tell P3D to save the screenshots directly into .jpeg format? This should be possible now, but I do not know how...

Look around the new menus...I can't remember where I found it...but there is a box, that asks you that question...you pick what you want...and then press apply.  It is there...

Big VAS memory issue back again-it's unbelievable- just wait until you start installing more and more scenery- what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big VAS memory issue back again-it's unbelievable- just wait until you start installing more and more scenery- what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody with a lot of addons can run into VAS issues in some areas (e.g. FTX SCAL, FSDT KLAX with PMDG T7) if settings are high.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Indeed, but why with same add on scenery in v3.35 and settings --- NO ISSUES?????????

Clean install from scratch ---weird!!

Terribly sorry for bringing this up ...

... but could you please control your excessive caps and exclamation/questions marks?

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I'm experiencing a weird but somewhat familiar issue. I cannot add or change my controls. I can delete and or remove controls via the menu but not add or change any to another value.

The dialog box appears for a millisecond then nothing. Anyone else with P3D experiencing this?

This has been pointed out over at LM.

No resolution yet.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=120858

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

For a change I am one of the lucky ones I guess. I set up my CH Product controllers (yoke, pedals, throttle quad) last night after a complete re-install of both the Windows 10 OS (disc reformat to totally wipe the PC) and clean install of full P3D v3.4.9.

I make use of a mix of FSUIPC and P3D's own Control settings for my controllers (buttons and axis), everything working just as expected. I never ever install the CH Products Control Manager software. Assuming you have done that, remove it. Windows detects these controllers just fine and P3D picks them up perfectly also.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

BTW, I made a backup copy of my P3D.cfg file as always before I upgraded the client, but it wasn't even necessary, as none of my settings in the CFG were changed by the upgrade which was nice. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Look around the new menus...I can't remember where I found it...but there is a box, that asks you that question...you pick what you want...and then press apply.  It is there...

You have to press the "v" key to make your screenshots. P3D saves them automatically in the default windows pictures folder under Prepar3D v3 files folder. Anyway, check you keyboard assignments first, to make sure "v" is mapped to that function.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers