Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

How is Beta Testing Going?

Fantastic news about the Boeing 747-400:-jumpyReally glad to hear everything is going well :-smile12 :-zhelp Just one question for you guys, what exactly is a beta cycle? and what is the average duration of a cycle?Keep up the good work:-smile12 JETSET843D

Guest Jeff_DCA

Thanks for the update, captain! Glad to hear things are going smoothly :-)Cheers,Jeff

Guest ZOTAN

Great job PMDG! How is the MD-11 going? Have you guys started it now that the 744 is in beta, or are you waiting until the 744 is released?Thanks,Matt

Guest teeloo

Are you guys at PMDG aware, that this historical introduction to the PMDG744 (whenever it comes out) goes along with a DISCOVERY CHANNEL "behind the scene" series of how the mighty PMDG Jumbo was born?!You guys better keep recording all events! ;-)Teeloo

Guest Boaz

WOW!Your way of informing is to dream of!Many many thanks for letting us in, instead of keeping us out! I respect you SO much for doing all of this, and I think many others also feel like I do.Your beta team assembly paints a picture of the product, it's quality and most of all your level of sophistication and organisatorial experience and wisdom!Biggit up for da PMDG massive aaaaiiii!!Boaz...

Guest kdundon

What a classic approach. Put out a product ready to run and with virtually no issues and keep the customer appraised of the progress of his/her next purchase. It sure is refreshing. Thank you for putting us in the equation.

Guest timh

"40,000 hours of 747-400 experience" in your team -wow! That is really impressive - and we all get the benefit. All the best for the rest of beta - Take you time.-Timh

>Fantastic news about the Boeing 747-400:-jumpy>>Really glad to hear everything is going well :-smile12 >>:-zhelp Just one question for you guys, what exactly is a beta>cycle? and what is the average duration of a cycle?>>Keep up the good work:-smile12 >>JETSET843D Hello, A cycle is the current beta cycle and is not a set time per se. This team is one of the best if not the best a developer could hope for on such an important project as the 747-400. We are going for the rainbow pot of gold here, we want what you want, that is to have the Queen of the skys both in simulating reality and taking desktop siming to an all new level. There is work yet to be done and I see things right on tract and of us have given up wives, children, sleep etc to provide the FS comumunity with the finest simulator ever created for Flight Simulator. This is my long held dream, a dream being mended together in this "cycle"......Stay tuned..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Thank you for the update. I've been waiting for this bird for a long time, at the same time, I also want a product that will bring pleasure and no headaches (in the software aspect), so do please take your time. -J-

Jay Marin

Guest Buck Bolduc

When the beta testers like Randy are done, then the BETTER testers like us take over!:)best

Guest CS-THV

Hi there Robert!Thanks for the news.By the way, what do you mean by "Test-to-Completion"?Cheers!

Guest RAR_Fan

Etienne,You must be a software engineer! Can't add anything to your response, but Rob is still dangling the carrot!Gerry

Guest Babubhai

>By the way, what do you mean by "Test-to-Completion"?A fancy way of saying the product is in beta testing...

Echoed sentiments, excellent update! We'll be on this on like a bum on a hotdog!!!

Bill Moore