Sign in to follow this  
Guest acv130

Transparent Plane?

Hi,Two things to try:1) Re-install your graphics drivers (I re-installed the same version)2) Blow out your computers and ensure they're running cool.I did this last week (graphics drivers for an unrelated problem, and blew out the dust because it kept locking up even in basic Windows) and the MD-11 no longer disappears or crashes on me when I change the time of day or switch screen modes with FSX.It got so bad that I couldn't ALT+TAB out of FSX to the desktop and back without FSX corrupting and finally crashing. Strangely it only affected the MD-11, but it appears it was an innocent victim rather than the perpetrator.I don't have any problems since I did this.Best regards,Robin.

Please, go ahead and post pics. It might help to solve our problem! :(
This usually happens to me when I am attempting to make a config change via the menu in FSX. I could jump to the map, or even the PMDG options and I come back and half the plane is transparent, or the VC is completely gone. One thing I have noticed is that explorer is eating about 4 gigs of memory usage in the task manger. I did some research and apparently this isn't all that unusual for the x64 version of vista. After a reboot everything goes back to normal and I don't have this issue anymore. I wonder if it is memory related. System specs are below and I am on the 182.x Nvidia driver. This doesn't seem to occur with other payware aircraft.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Your running FSX on a Celeron :( Anyways, This transperent plane happens usually when a FS2004 repaint is installed in FSX. I had this happen before and that was the cause. Or it can be a result of pirating.

Same problem here with the transparency issue. Contacted PMDG because I would just like to get my money back, for a product I've only used for a few hours, and still unable to solve the ghosting. Unlike other developers PMDG would rather I jump through hoops and diagnose and uninstall software that was running fine untill I installed the 747X. The problem does not occur with any other payware add-on that I run. Obviously lots of people are experiancing this, the DX10 preview fix I dont want to try because my other payware aircraft does not recommend it, and why fix something if it aint broke. My sys specs are Vista 64X, C2Q9550, 3.0Ghz, 4GBRam, ATIHD3870 512mb, 750Gb. Ray

A while ago I contacted PMDG again about this problem and I told them to take a look at this topic. Last wednesday I got an e-mail from them (I was surprised, because never ever before I was contacted by a support service, I always have to wake them up...), in which they asked for my exact system specs. I sent them my specs, so hopefully they're at least looking for the cause of the problem. Now we'll just hope that they'll find a solution. :(
PMDG along with the REX guys provide some of the best support that I have seen. Hopefully they can find a solution for you.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

HiI would like to mention that I have the same issues: invisible textures and other graphic corruption either after longer flights or when accessing the fsx menu particular if I change graphic related settings, sometimes only when saving the flight. I have been using 747X shortly after when it was released, MD 11 since three months or so. I had several reinstalls of FSX because of system change, windows changes (vista->win7b->vista-> win7rtm). But, the graphic corruption issues always returned. When I screened this forums from time to time, I saw several related threads, all dealing with those graphic corruptions. So, in my opinion PMDG support on this could be better. At least, I would be nice to see that they are working on it. I know, there are so much different systems, settings and addons and thus, it might be unsolvable. My personal guess: PMDG and scenery addons sometimes cannot be handled by the video memory (even 1024MB) and if it is a very demanding scenery like bigger airports it happens quite often for me, even if my frame rates are in the 20s or above.Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Guest 413X3

I uninstalled nhancer, installed latest nvidia drivers for my gtx285, got rid of a few duplicate afcad issues, and so far have not seen the transparent issue thankfully.

Guest 413X3

just got it again, as usual at dusk. I've installed latest nvidia drivers, uninstalled nhancer, tried the sound quality trick, nothing. please help!