Sign in to follow this  
Guest acv130

Transparent Plane?

im having this problem too. my specs are:intel quad core Q6600 (2.4 GHz)3GB RAMintel G33/G31 express chipset family w/ latest update from intel website (as of 4/15)windows vista premium 32-bithope this might help narrow down a few causes. btw, i looked on the PMDG OPs and they said something about a "see-through skeleton". they told me to reinstall everything. i tried and it didn't work.Eric T.
Eric,Maybe time to consider upgrade. I have a QX6800 @ 3.2 with a P5b motherboard and 4 gig of RAM. I had all sorts of problems until I updated to Vista 64.Having said that a reckon I am at the lower end of what you need to run FSX in an acceptable manner using the complex PMDG products.Fact of life IMHO.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Guest BlueRidgeDx
I have a QX6800 @ 3.2 with a P5b motherboard and 4 gig of RAM. ...I reckon I am at the lower end of what you need to run FSX in an acceptable manner using the complex PMDG products.
Goodness!I run FSX on a P4 3.06Ghz with 512MB of RAM and the PMDG MD-11 gives me 25fps with all sliders in the middle of the road (and texture rez, cloud density, cloud draw distance, special effects at MAX, water 2.x Mid).Makes me think twice about upgrading to a quad-core...Nick

Goodness!I run FSX on a P4 3.06Ghz with 512MB of RAM and the PMDG MD-11 gives me 25fps with all sliders in the middle of the road (and texture rez, cloud density, cloud draw distance, special effects at MAX, water 2.x Mid).Makes me think twice about upgrading to a quad-core...Nick
At an airport I never get above 20fps usually around 18, flying around 25fps. I have a gtx 280 overclocked and I have tried all the tweaks. I fly with MyTraffic X, FSC, PFE, FTX, ASA and X-Graphics. With default aircraft my framerates sometimes can get to 45 fps.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Same story here. I have a 4 year old P4 (with hyperthreading) @ 3.4GHz, 2Gig RAM running XP SP3, FSX with acceleration, sliders full expect for PMDG recommended optimizations and I get worst case 15 fps which is still more then sufficient for a bad weather landing in adverse conditions.

Guest jaskanFactor

I have i7920 - vista64- gtx285 and i get this problem on both pmdg 747 and MD11.Transparent plane sometimes, or just complete corruption of video memory so whole screen goes black but you can still hear sound.It seesm to occur when going to fsx menus, changing views, or viewing AI traffic only to return to spot of your aircraft to find its not really there. Just a tranparant see through skeleton shell where your plane used to be.Even though its random, since i did two things these failures happen less often1 - Changed my bufferpools in fsx.cfg from 400 000 000 to 250 000 0002 - 1 - Uninstalled sp2, then started fsx free flight - then reboot pc 2 - reinstalled fsx sp1 - then started free flight 3 - installed sp2 then started free flightDont know which of those helped, and i still get the isuues but much less frequently.Jaskan Factor

I have had this problem aswell, usually if I go into the menu bar and change something and come back. This also happened to me yesterday while flying on Vatsim but it was not my aircraft that was affected, but an aircraft parked at the gate, I could just see parts of the engines.

I have also seen it on AI aircraft, I thought it was interesting. A turn off the high speed KMEM RY 36R and tucked in behind a default 747 taxiing ahead of me, missing all external skin. I don't get it very often tho.., but at least two of us have seen it on non-PMDG aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have i7920 - vista64- gtx285 and i get this problem on both pmdg 747 and MD11.Transparent plane sometimes, or just complete corruption of video memory so whole screen goes black but you can still hear sound.It seesm to occur when going to fsx menus, changing views, or viewing AI traffic only to return to spot of your aircraft to find its not really there. Just a tranparant see through skeleton shell where your plane used to be.Even though its random, since i did two things these failures happen less often1 - Changed my bufferpools in fsx.cfg from 400 000 000 to 250 000 0002 - 1 - Uninstalled sp2, then started fsx free flight - then reboot pc 2 - reinstalled fsx sp1 - then started free flight 3 - installed sp2 then started free flightDont know which of those helped, and i still get the isuues but much less frequently.Jaskan Factor
Vista 64 base is DX:10, Nvidia high cards are DX:10, If you use DX:9 for FSX. You will continue experience many crashes. Solution switch to FSX:10 Review mode and there are no more crashes. Enjoy your MD-11X and 747X. There are some Nav lights and Taxi way problems, but no more crashes . I am so glad I switched to FSX DX:10 review mode.Sanal
Vista 64 base is DX:10, Nvidia high cards are DX:10, If you use DX:9 for FSX. You will continue experience many crashes. Solution switch to FSX:10 Review mode and there are no more crashes. Enjoy your MD-11X and 747X. There are some Nav lights and Taxi way problems, but no more crashes . I am so glad I switched to FSX DX:10 review mode.Sanal
Don'T forget to check AA and Anisotropic filter. Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Guest jaskanFactor
Vista 64 base is DX:10, Nvidia high cards are DX:10, If you use DX:9 for FSX. You will continue experience many crashes. Solution switch to FSX:10 Review mode and there are no more crashes. Enjoy your MD-11X and 747X. There are some Nav lights and Taxi way problems, but no more crashes . I am so glad I switched to FSX DX:10 review mode.SanalDon'T forget to check AA and Anisotropic filter. Sanal
There is no way i will fsx without progressive taxi which does not work in DX10, Why should i switch to dx10 just cause of pmdg md11 and 747, when i got many other addons that work perfectly as advertised.All i have to do now is just request my 150$ back for pmdg md11 and 747, cause the stupid things even crash when coming out of using time acceleration.I can only go out of my way so much for a louzy product that is always crashing.And as for transparent aircraft, i have only seen this when using PMDG stuff, sometimes its pmdg that is transparent, sometimes its AI, but on my system. Transparency of any aircraft only occurs when am using PMDG, i have never seen this before in the 3 years i have been using FSX.PMDG is about as buggy as beehive

I use DX9 religiously for FSX and do not experience ANY crashes using PMDG's aircraft. Please be mindful of spreading misinformation, just because you have problems with DX9 does not mean that the majority does.Regards,Bob Modrowski

Running Vista64 and DX9 (through a pair of 8800GTXs) and drivers fastidiously updated.I get this with the 744X and I think it's something to do with cockpit lights (in my case anyway). If I don't touch them, everything is fine (unless I get a SB4 disconnect which she doesn't like either) and I have no graphics problems. I have no issues whatsoever with the MD-11, she even handles mutliple SB4 disconnects which is why I use her for XTP. I wonder if it's an issue created for some because the 744 is a bit more of a "port across" to FSX, not an FSX native aircraft like the MD.Regards,Dan Parkin.BAW6AC

I have i7920 - vista64- gtx285 and i get this problem on both pmdg 747 and MD11.Transparent plane sometimes, or just complete corruption of video memory so whole screen goes black but you can still hear sound.It seesm to occur when going to fsx menus, changing views, or viewing AI traffic only to return to spot of your aircraft to find its not really there. Just a tranparant see through skeleton shell where your plane used to be.
Just for the record i have same hardware, and same problem (Vista-64 SP1 + FSX SP2 DX9-mode). The triggers also seems to be the same as you describe. Ive had MD-11 since release but haven`t seen this problem before maybe the last month or so. With the latest Nvida driver it happened a lot, so I have reverted back to 182.06.Its so random that I really dont know if the driver is the culprit or not, but just want to let you know that you arent alone here.Here are some shots. Funny the first, second, and maybe third time, but since the only solution I have found is to restart its also annoying...(Click for fullsize-view)392430.jpeg392427.jpeg392428.jpegChristian Paulsen

I use DX9 religiously for FSX and do not experience ANY crashes using PMDG's aircraft. Please be mindful of spreading misinformation, just because you have problems with DX9 does not mean that the majority does.Regards,Bob Modrowski
Bob, Good for you . You have no problems with DX9 . I solved my problem switching to DX:10 review and I have no more crashes. How can it be a misinformation, then reality is DX:10 cleared my all problems. If this info can help any one, why I shall keep to my self.. We are all here trying to help each other. RegardsSanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Bob, Good for you . You have no problems with DX9 . I solved my problem switching to DX:10 review and I have no more crashes. How can it be a misinformation, then reality is DX:10 cleared my all problems. If this info can help any one, why I shall keep to my self.. We are all here trying to help each other. RegardsSanal
Maybe the statement that if you do not switch to DX10 mode you will "You will continue experience many crashes". I will leave it at that.

Guest Mower

I have also seen this in my LDS 763 in addition to the MD-11. Never saw it on my 744 though. Thus I suspect it is an FSX issue. Also, when this happens, the internal 3d cockpit is miising all of its panels and only the gauges are still present.