Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

"We would now like to begin boarding United 895 non-sto...

FLT REL IFR UAL895   KORD-14R/VHHH-07L  MACH 86  A/C  B747-400		   FUEL  TIME	CORR   TOGWT	LDGWT   AVG W/CTAXI......001602 0018  . . . .  864459   512968  M011DEST VHHH 351492 1446  . . . .  ELEV. 19 FTRESV......014290 0047  . . . .ALTN......004788 0015  . . . .  ALTN VMMC   DIST  19HOLD......009121 0030  . . . .EXTRA.....000000 0000  . . . .  ZFW 484768	  PAYLOAD 090680TTL AT TO 379691 1618  . . . .				  DIST  7023REQD......381293 1636  . . . .				  ETDCLB BIAS 0.0%  CRZ BIAS 0.0%   DSC BIAS 0.0%DEP BIAS 0 MIN 0 DIST 0 FUEL, ARR BIAS 0 MIN 500 FUELKORD PETTY GRB 55N090W 60N091W 65N092W 70N095W 75N100W 80N110W 84N141W RAMEL G491 BABED G491 CZ G491 SULOK G218 TMR B458 WXI A461 LKO A461 LIG R473 WYN W18 NLG W23 ZUH R473 SIERA SIER2A VHHH/1446

Departing in about an hour or so. This oughta be interesting...

Regards,

Brian Doney

Man, at cruise alt and you still have 2000 miles to the next step climb. I'm not even used to flying flights that long, much less with that distance between climbs.Good luck, hope you make it. Don't forget to let us know how it went.:-beerchug

Mike Roth

THUMBS UP!!!I would love to do one of these but with the way FS crashes to desktop with all the addon stuff I have I won't waste my time.Keep us posted......

Al Stiff

But of course....The fuel situation is certainly not improving...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149803.jpgWhen I did LAX-SYD I saw the same early on, but ended up landing within ~1000lbs of planned landing weight.Our route looks like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149804.jpgThe PANC decision will have to be made in about 600NM or so, though I think I'll be pressing on regardless, unless things get considerably worse.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Hi Brian,First at all have a nice flight ;) These longhaul flights are the real B744 experience. I'm very interessed to see the fuel progress.Just a question,Which program are you using to show us the map ?B. rgdsMichel

Hello Michel,Fuel is still not so good, and now, at the extreme north latitudes, some very strange things are begining to happen, the route keeps jumping back and forth, the aircraft is an almost constant bank, etc...Either that, it's me leaning from one side to the other... :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149812.jpgThe map you see above is FSNavigator. Some thumb their nose at it as cheating, or whatever, but I wouldn't be without it.www.fsnavigator.com

Regards,

Brian Doney

As you get above 80N you are about 8 degrees from the end of the FS world. You'll get abnormal nav displays and, closer to 88N, a drift West will start and get really extreme at 88N.I've done the KORD-VHHH-KORD route several times for UVA and discovered my chair isn't qualified for 15 hrs LOL. Never went above 80N using real world routing. But each one was an interesting experience :).Jim

Took me as far as N8430.0 (RAMEL int), man what a trip. This will for sure be my last polar routing, that's just ridiculous how it behaves. I mean, I understand FS has limits and all, and I'll be keeping as far from them as possible :)Gettin' no slack here:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149818.jpgEDIT: Also forsgot to mention, I just was informed by the FMS that I am now in "Split IRS OPS"...The North Pole has broken my 747... :(

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest gremel

I hope you were using 8X on the simulation rate option...Regards,jack

I always find when I go West the fuel drops like that. Drives me crazy. When I go east I figure out the fule and end up with plenty of extra. The Winds for me with FS real weather are hard to predict.Anyway good luck with the flight I will be looking for the outcome.

Andrew

>I always find when I go West the fuel drops like that. Drives>me crazy. When I go east I figure out the fule and end up with>plenty of extra. The Winds for me with FS real weather are>hard to predict.>>Anyway good luck with the flight I will be looking for the>outcome.Hi, are u using activesky... use it, it is good for long haul flight as you will know what is the head wind or tail wind component..Flight between north america and asia, your situation is magnified when you are flying in winter, in which the high attitute wind blowing from siberia to pacific can reach 400 km/h... which u may encounter a 180kts head wind component....ben