Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 747-400 Universal Sound Update Feature List

Captains,Thought you might be interested in seeing what we've been up to with the long-awaited sound update. Needless to say, we believe this to be one of the most comprehensive sound sets ever produced for an addon. Many additional features have been added beyond simply fixing the issues present in the previous one.==FEATURE LIST==- Three unique cockpit view soundsets reflecting the individual characteristics of the GE, PW and RR engine types.- Three new spot view engine soundsets reflecting the characteristics of the GE, PW and RR engine types.- Each individual engine has its own unique sound files and performance characteristics for both cockpit and spot views.- Complete integration of cockpit and spot view engine soundsets providing a consistency of sound experience when switching between the two views. Pitch is precisely matched between the internal and external views.- New engine startup and shutdown sequences for cockpit and spot views based on actual N1 rpm rather than a single sound file trigger.- Improved cockpit recirc fan sounds.- New improved pack sounds to reflect realistic cockpit conditions.- New realistic cockpit wind sound. The scope of its performance has been expanded to reflect real cockpit environment conditions. This was verifed extensively by multiple real life 747-400 pilots.- Gear Up sound modified to reflect realistic cockpit conditions.- Improved Gear Down sound with a new feature to reflect the nose gear wind turbulence when nose gear is lowered.- New engine reverse sounds for all four engines for improved effect.- Groundroll sound edited to add better sub bass rumble. The scope of its behaviour has been modified to attain realsitic cockpit conditions.- Touchdown sounds improved for better effect on hard landings.- New FMC chime and Passenger/No Smoking sign sounds.- New inflight speedbrake sound with improved sub bass rumble response.- Sub bass extensions have been added to various engine sounds in cockpit and spot views to provide extra low rumble effect.- Gear Down and Reverse Thrust sounds will not reset any more when switching views during the playback of these sounds.- Miscellaneous sounds including TCAS, GPWS, switches and callout sounds have been mixed and rebalanced to provide a consistent sound level across all the files.- All sound files have been reprocessed to improve integrity and looping consistency.- Exhaustive re-engineering of all sound files and engine data to remove digital and FS sound engine related sound crackling in cockpit and spot views.Look for it soon.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm drooling all over my keyboard, and this is just over sounds :( Really looking forward to this update, there are so many surprises in there that I didn't expect :DThanks guys :-yellow1

Alaister Kay

THIS is why I believe patience has its own rewards. Thanks PMDG, proof again that you guys are king of the hill!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Good morningWould be this sound update for both products, the PAX and F version?Thank you very much!Best regardsMarcel

Dear Team,My fears and apprehensions of not seeing the realization of this update are now finally put to rest.I appologize to the team for being so persistant, and annoying at times on this issue in the forum. In my way of seeing things, no news was bad news.Now I have a clear indication that things are on the roll, I will wait eagerly in anticipation of rolling my Queen out of the hanger, where she has been gathering dust.RegardsAnthony ReesSouth Africa

Wow,This will be very cool!!Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Alright, this is just plain silly and probably too late to implement, but.....I would love you guys forever if you added a cabin call 'ding' to the soundset. I find the one on the 73G inexplicably entertaining and was deeply saddened when it wasn't included with the 744. ;(-Lee Barberhttp://home.nc.rr.com/uniuniunium/dvasig.jpg

Guest poschrob

Lee,it is as real as it gets. if you have the opportunity, watch the Virgin Atlantic vid. You don't hear the ding.Rob

woohoo! I will be looking for it soon. It will add that extra dimension to my long haul -400F flights. Thanks PMDG!!!

like big boy's sentiment above, it will definately improve the experience for us all. many thanks.this must be an especially amazing twinkie for certain people on the forum who thought the current sound set was good as it is. :)tj

Just release... :-)

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO