Sign in to follow this  
Jones

PMDG MD-11 Progress Update!

>Dont listen to people like this PMDG, i know you dont anyways,>but i just want to make it clear the majority of us do not>feel this way... People can cry and moan, but i say, work the>kinks out, and take that extra day to release it... we (or at>least a few of us) want a quality product, not one that was>released hastily in order to fill the whines of those that do>not know what they are talking about...>>THANKS PMDG!!!!Hmmm - again lots of unimportant words that all have been said before, and still I see no progress update in that statement either.

>Dont listen to people like this PMDG, i know you dont anyways,>but i just want to make it clear the majority of us do not>feel this way... People can cry and moan, but i say, work the>kinks out, and take that extra day to release it... we (or at>least a few of us) want a quality product, not one that was>released hastily in order to fill the whines of those that do>not know what they are talking about...>>THANKS PMDG!!!!Look I don't care if there is an MD11 or not. Way past that and back into real flying which is a much better way to spend your life anyway.Having said that I find it funny that someone writes in using such phrases as "take that extra day" and "not one that was released hastily" to describe a project that is now over 4 years in the making and still not into Beta and criticising those people for whom this promised add on is important. Use emotive language by all means and defend PMDG as much as you want but don't claim to speak for "the majority of us" or denigrate these people who want some real progress on the MD11 with comments like that these customers "do not know what they are talking about". That is offensive.Gerry

Guest pilot-joey

>great! q3? ;)Do you ever think PMDG will answer that question? Keep the shots coming Mac Paint ;)!

Sir,I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the PMDG MD-11 and another developers E170/190. My wife recently gave me $100 to purchase flight sim addons, as a gift for a long awaited promotion I just received. This is the equivalent of #### freezing over! She gets very irritated when money is spent on this hobby, and for her to give me money in that amount is a miracle. With that said, I really would like to purchase the MD-11 with it, but do not want to wait months and months. I want to spend it while the spending is good. So....I know you don't want to give a release date, but is it within a month or so, or more likely the end of the year? This would help me to make a decision whether to wait for the MD-11 or purchase the E170/190, due out in July. Thanks.

Greg Goodavish

I recently bumped into a webshop where they expected it to arrive in September.

Guest WEA-JHD

to be honest i'd be surprised if it was released this year, i'm sure it will release sometime in 2009 though, but you never knowRegardsJan

Anyone not a PMDG member who says anything to you about a release date for any of our products is flat out making stuff up. The first and only place you will hear about releases is right here in our forum, there is no need to ask or look anywhere else.As you all know, we don't give release dates. However, please do consider that you've been seeing a bunch of screenshots of liveries coming from Pete recently... That usually doesn't happen until the end of product development. Take that however you will.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest pilot-joey

Indeed, great and I'm loving the screenshots of the model/paints! But will there also come another video (soon)??

Captains-I have a few schedule updates that I thought might interest you. I've wanted to provide you with these updates, but had to nail down a few details before we could go public with them.I have three products to clarify- so I am going to make three individual posts in order to ensure that the information is easy to read and find!PMDG MD-11:===========This product is rapidly taking shape, and the past quarter has seen a significant forward leap in progress. We've probably been slowed a bit by continued focus on the 400/400X products, but not nearly as badly as throughout most of 2007. Michael, Bill and Vin have been making significant headway and the product is easily in better condition than any product we've yet released. We have only a few major components left to install- and we are hoping to have them integrated by end of April.If this plan holds, we will likely see us transition from ALPHA testing to BETA testing at end-April, start-May. This is a pretty exciting milestone because none of us are expecting a long BETA gestation period on account of the amount of input and testing that this product has already received up to this point.As usual, I'm not going to project a release time-table because this would virtually guarantee that we'd run into problems and miss that date entirely. Instead, you can expect to begin seeing more video and screenshot demonstrations on this product in beginning next week!During previous new product releases, we always field a large number of customer requests to obtain access to the manuals for the airplane prior to release. With these requests in mind, we are anticipating having the manuals available well before release so that you can begin brushing up on your McDonnell Douglas/Boeing processes- and be well studied in time for initial delivery of the MD-11 to your hangar.Stay tuned for more information soon!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>>As you all know, we don't give release dates. However, please>do consider that you've been seeing a bunch of screenshots of>liveries coming from Pete recently... That usually doesn't>happen until the end of product development. Take that>however you will.Tease.......:-):-):-)Take care,Wijnand (EHBK)

Hi,I have been monitoring this forum somewhat religiously over the last few weeks and was hoping to hear some sort of official update with regards to the stage of the project, is it still in alpha or has it entered beta testing yet?After the message for PMDG's skipper back in May I was under the impression it would be almost ready:-)All the best,James