Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

PMDG 747-400/400F for FS9 Version 1.20 Update/Schedule

Carl,I have complete respect for your opinions, and do actually agree with you for the most part. There are actually two separate issues at play here, for me anyway.First, FSX itself.Maybe I'm painting with too broad a brush here, but it really does seem that a number of developers have had a difficult time accepting the relatively wide-spread rejection of FSX. Now, I'm certain Ryan is quite correct, in that the number of people that haven't even bothered trying FSX, such as myself, are quite a small minority.However, the most definitive polling I've seen done was by SimFlight a month or two back, where with 4600 respondents, FS9 was preferred nearly 2 to 1 over FSX as the primary sim of choice.http://simflight.com/modules.php?name=Surv...=&order=&thold=After all, the main reason for separating the two installers was for those that didn't even have FSX installed, and I'm sure they didn't do that for me alone.Now, off into tin-foil hat territory, in retrospect it just seems that bundling the FS9 update into the FSX product may have been a subtle way to hasten the uptake of FSX, a carrot to dangle, as it were, as after all, what idiot wouldn't at least try a product he or she had payed good money for. :)I know, I know, that's probably not the case, maybe I'm just a little weary of the much more blatant rhetoric and tactics used by developers other than PMDG to "force" FSX on those who really want no part, and I'm seeing issues where none exist. The question still begs then, at least in my mind, that if it is so easy to make it available now, why couldn't this have been done then ?To bolster the FSX product's sales ? I dunno, but I'll let it go as of this post. I do respect PMDG for what they are doing now, as it is definitely good for everyone, and I mean no DIS-respect with my questions here. I really don't want to unduly offend the team, but I can't pretend that it isn't frustrating.The money issue isn't as "selfish" as it may seem at first glance, either, as I really am pleased that more FS9-only/mostly users will have access to the updates, free or not.I guess what it really boils down to is that, I would have much rather NOT supported FSX, or any products developed for it, with even a single dollar, had I been given the choice, and not that I don't want others to enjoy the product, for whatever price.Alright, this is becoming much more typing than the issue itself is even worth, so with that, I'll shut up. :)

Regards,

Brian Doney

Wow, lots of things happen whenever I'm gone. I know this is probably too late to ask for, but could you also fix the Fuel Temp display to have the fuel temperature act more realistically rather than reach TAT within a minute. I understand if I'm too late or it just seems too impractical to incorporate this.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Thank you very much for the update! I want to name my first son PMDG.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

This is what sets PMDG apart from the rest. Outstanding quality in every respect, be it the products or the support, make PMDG a real top tier FS addon developer. Thank you for the continued FS9 support! Hope to see a PMDG NG for FS9 as well one day ;-)Andreas

Captains-I have a few schedule updates that I thought might interest you. I've wanted to provide you with these updates, but had to nail down a few details before we could go public with them.I have three products to clarify- so I am going to make three individual posts in order to ensure that the information is easy to read and find!PMDG 747-400/400F FS9 Version 1.20 Update:==========================================The PMDG 747-400 for FS9 is rapidly approaching her third anniversary since release, and we have noticed an increasing divergence between the FSX based airplane, and the FS9 airplane. As such we felt that this might be a good time to invigorate the airplane with a comprehensive, single source update to include all the the historical changes we've made to this airplane, up to and including most of the improvements we've made while continueing development on the FSX platform!We recognize that many of you are still flying The Queen in FS9, and we felt that this was a good way to continue giving you added value for your continued support and enthusiasm for our flagship product!Effectively what we have done here is to produce a single update that will bring any previous version of the FS9 PMDG 747-400/400F up to date as version 1.20. This means that any previous download or CD installation will receive:-> A new Version 1.20 update including many changes we made for FSX.-> The Version 1.12 udpate that was only released to FSX 747-400 owners.-> The universal sound update initially released on late 2006.This will allow you to have the most current PMDG 747-400 using only a single update, and you won't have to worry that you might have missed an update someplace along the way!As with the FSX update I mention in a different thread, we have tried to incorporate many of the user requests from this forum, and while we have included many of them- we have not captured all of them. This update will be available via our download page and we expect to release it concurrently with the FSX update. This version 1.20 update will install with any download or CD version of the FS9 PMDG 747-400, including those who have the PMDG 747-400F installed also.(Please note that the list below includes the V1.12 changes which we made available to purchasers of the FSX 747-400, and the universal sound update- so the list of fixes is quite long! This installer will udpate any previous version including CD based installations.)CHANGE LIST FOR FS9 VERSION 1.20:=================================1) GPWS Altitude callouts now heard irrespective of gear position2) Fuel entry box now editable by hand to enter values manually3) Improved engine spool inertial delta to improve autothrottle handling of high energy changes.4) Corrected flaw in outboard aileron lockout system logic.5) Improved LNAV propensity to correct XTRK errors.6) Improved LNAV handling of course tracking in various scenarios.7) Corrected logic for CWT L/R and STAB L/R pump switch PRESS lights.8) Corrected EGT Limit bar behavior during engine start.9) Corrected Fuel On index bar behavior during engine start.10) Corrected incorrect logic preventing VREF election for return to field prior to climb/cruise.11) PROG page opens to 1/3 correctly .12) Tightened autopilot roll logic to improve lateral tracking behavior in turbulence.13) XTRK error correctly populates rather than remaining blank.14) Updated EPR modeling on PW/RR engines to reflect more accurate values.15) PW/RR EPR less than 1.00 ram effect model based on dynamic pressure and throttle position.16) CLB thrust reduction now correctly senses flap lever position rather than flap angle.17) Modified EGT behavior during shutdown to incorporate more realistic temps/behaviors.18) PMDG Options "TCAS Show All Traffic" setting now ignores Above/N/Below switch in order to show all traffic. (Above/N/Below switch still functions correctly if "all traffic" is not selected.19) Corrected behavior of GPWS Gear Override Switch.20) Considerable changes to handling of soft constraints in VNAV climb/descent. (Should fix occasional problems with UNABLE NEXT ALT logic and calcualtion of ToD when the first waypoint after ToD is soft.21) Improved Direct-To maneuvering algorithm with LNAV engaged.22) Changed sequencing criteris for flyover-type waypoints to improve flyover performance.The following updates were included in a private update for customers who also purchased the FSX 747-400, but are now included in this update:CHANGE LIST FOR FS9 VERSION 1.12:=================================1) Improved takeoff trim display gauge clarity2) Change in Lower EICAS ENG page automatic display logic (only when fuel set to CUTOFF in flight)3) Correction in Spoiler handle position detection logic to improve response and correct control.4) EICAS Target N1 / Ref N1 indications removed when in REV mode5) Reversers logic altered to prevent REV lockout when NAI active.6) Modified Cost Index Equation: The equation is a differential equation solved by successive iterations.7) This is a very CPU intensive operation. The element of the numerical procedure has been optimized, yielding a factor of 5 speed up with minimal effect on result accuracy, thus reducing the required load on the CPU for the mathematics involved.8) CDU Legs page - predicted Alt Improvements: Above / Below type (e.g. 6000A8000B) soft constraint both vertical flight path prediction and VNAV mode bug corrections and predictive improvements. Also UNABLE NEXT ALT message will appear in all cases referring to soft altitude constraints.9) CDU N1 page - flight phase improvements: Regular thrust limit page (instead of TO limit page) will appear now below flap retraction altitude.10) CDU Fix page - changes to RAD/DIS to be BRG/DIS11) CDU Cruise page - change in step alt code: At 2R the last step altitude target would not appear when step climb was not possible. It does now above the NONE header.12) FMC: Various small and large behavior corrections.13) GA thrust limit will automatically be set now only if ToD is sequenced and flaps are out (or GS is captured as before)14) Retuned the entire pitch channel of the autopilot specifically to enhance behavior.15) This includes all related pitch modes (VS, FLCH etc). The main target was to improve mode stability even at high simrates and in connection to idiosyncratic FS9 "real" weather handling. The pitch channel in some places was enhanced with a secondary control routine to improve effectiveness in pitch sensitive roles such as glide slope tracking.16) Various cosmetic changes to CDU display and text handling.17) Adaptive refresh rate control for CRTs / LCDs based on target and actual frame rate (order is PFD, ND, EICAS, standby instruments)18) Numerous performance optimizations of display and computational code to reduce processor load on FS9.19) Various other assorted minor fixes along the way.20) Improved wing flex and wing flight path distortion modeling.The following updates were included in the OCTOBER 2006 released UNIVERSAL SOUND UPDATE, and are now included in this single source installer:NEW FOR THE PMDG 747-400 SOUND UPDATE (initial release: 26OCT06):=================================================================1) Three unique cockpit view soundsets reflecting the individual characteristics of the GE, PW and RR engine types.2) Three new spot view engine soundsets reflecting the characteristics of the GE, PW and RR engine types.3) Each individual engine has its own unique sound files and performance characteristics for both cockpit and spot views.4) Complete integration of cockpit and spot view engine soundsets providing a consistency of sound experience when switching between the two views. Pitch is precisely matched between the internal and external views.5)New engine startup and shutdown sequences for cockpit and spot views based on actual N1 rpm rather than a single sound file trigger.6) Improved cockpit recirc fan sounds.7) New improved pack sounds to reflect realistic cockpit conditions.8) New realistic cockpit wind sound. The scope of its performance has been expanded to reflect real cockpit environment conditions. This was verifed extensively by PMDG's 747-400 Tech Advisors (who between them have about 40,000hrs listening to this airplane...)9) Gear Up sound modified to reflect realistic cockpit conditions.10) Improved Gear Down sound with a new feature to reflect the nose gear wind turbulence when nose gear is lowered.11) New engine reverse sounds for all four engines for improved effect.12) Groundroll sound edited to add better sub bass rumble. The scope of its behavior has been modified to attain realsitic cockpit conditions.13) Touchdown sounds improved for better effect on hard landings.14) New FMC chime and Passenger/No Smoking sign sounds.15) New inflight speedbrake sound with improved sub bass rumble response.16) Sub bass extensions have been added to various engine sounds in cockpit and spot views to provide extra low rumble effect.17) Gear Down and Reverse Thrust sounds will not reset any more when switching views during the playback of these sounds.18) Miscellaneous sounds including TCAS, GPWS, switches and callout sounds have been mixed and rebalanced to provide a consistent sound level across all the files.19) All sound files have been reprocessed to improve integrity and looping consistency.20) Exhaustive re-engineering of all sound files and engine data to remove digital and FS sound engine related sound crackling in cockpit and spot views.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

All this is great news! Time to get the upcoming patch and dust my 747 off the hangar. Thank you for giving us, FS9ers another revitalizing injection to our Sim. :)So many updates that from the technical point of view there would be nothing else to add to the list. However I do have one question.Taking into consideration the very enjoyable wing views (internal wings models) of your 737 packages and knowing that your FSX version has them, please let me ask: could you remodel the FS9 bird for the update to add wing views? I think it's a piece of cake for your talents and would give us long-haul simmers a great occasion to watch the oveflown world down there.The last straw to complement the almost perfect product.Thanks in advance for you answer, whatever it would be like.Looking forward to the update and the MD11.Best regards,Rafal

Piece of cake Rafal :) ? You have any idea how many polygons it would take to model another accurate set of wings/engines/surfaces for the 744? Plus intricate animations? That is in effect what 'wing views' are unless I'm terribly mistaken.Get free Recorder module and use it's advanced view functions to create wingviews - that's what most of us do.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

American Airlines Virtual

PMDG crew,I was wondering when we might see said updates become available. There was no mention about this in Roberts original post. Please understand that I'm only asking for a time frame here and not a concrete date. Thanks in advance.

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

Raymond,There is a time line mentioned. You just need to add two and two. ;-)Cheers,

Guest djprem

Just a few questionsWill we get a updated full installer for the people with the Extended Download Service?Will this include the FSX PMDG livery? If not can we make it downloadable as an add-on for us FS9 users please.ThanksDanil Premgi

Okay, thanks. Now, any idea when the FSX update will be out? ;)

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

Ray,I tried to reply to your email but it bounced back. To check for the FSX update just read through the pinned message from Cpt. Randazzo about the FSX update. ;-)After that you should have 4.Hope it helps,

Hmmmm, sorry for the bounce. Thanks again for the clues. I did find what I was looking for, with your help.

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain