Sign in to follow this  
ubersu

PMDG 747-400/400F for FS9 Version 1.20 Update/Schedule

Ryan,Do you mean free, as in, I wasted $30 a few months back in order to get the FS9 unifier update, whereas now it will be made available separately from the FSX product, free of charge ?Or am I misunderstanding you ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest iflyc77

XDI am ecstatic right now! Thanks a million guys! You truly are the best out there.

Good morning PMDG teamMany thanks for this news. Only one short question:Are there any reasons to download this FS9 update for owner of the FSX 747-400 with the latest extra update for the FS9 version?Thanks for your short answer.Enjoy the Sunday and regards!Marcel

>Ryan,>>Do you mean free, as in, I wasted $30 a few months back in>order to get the FS9 unifier update, whereas now it will be>made available separately from the FSX product, free of charge>?>>Or am I misunderstanding you ?As long time readers will no doubt acknowledge (Ryan particularly), I have always held PMDG to a very high standard and have been very vocal about my desire for them to continously improve and evolve the 747-400 platform in FS9 (and now FSX). This update announcement is EXACTLY the sort of thing that I believe was needed. PMDG has (after I am sure much thought) made the correct decision, and made generous reparations for any feathers ruffled in the past with the FS9 unifier release. This guesture, will allow all FS9 operators of the 744 to have the LATEST version of the aeroplane, free of charge. I applaud that!I was one of those that bought the FSX version primarialy for the FS9 Unifier update- and I HAVE NO REGRETS! I have enjoyed my fat girl in more sophisticated form for the past few months, played with FSX occasionally, and now am getting another update FREE- what's wrong with that? Brian, I would offer an alternate viewpoint- that you have two products now, one purchased at full price, and one (FSX) at a very substantial discount. Enjoy them now, and later (FSX).As someone that hopes for added FMC functionality and systems modeling in a future PAID release, I welcome any improvement to THIS platform. While the MD-11 and 737NGX are exciting to think about, my heart belongs to the 744- has for the past twenty years, and probably always will.......so again, thanks PMDG!BTW Ryan (Uber Moderator)- Since you were wondering a few weeks ago, I am fully and completly satisfied with what PMDG has done (for now ;)).Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Capt. Robert and crew,Since this update plays such an important role within the FS community, I have taken the liberty of covering this as a news story for Sky Blue Radio News. I've uploaded the finished file to a 3rd party server at http://download.yousendit.com/512A7B8E79D60A9D where the link will be active for either 7 days from today or 100 downloads, which ever comes first. I look forward to seeing a release announcement. Keep up the great work.

Keeping my eyes skyward,

Raymond Jornd

Sr. Captain

American Airlines Virtual

I do not, and will never use, and do not even own, FSX, so no, I payed again just for another FS9 update that others will get for free.The FSX product is and will always remain useless bits to me, so if I could have had the part I do care about for free, had I only waited, then yes, it was a waste of money.I'm afraid that the manner in which I spend my money, and any concerns I have over what I have received for it, are none of your business.It's interesting how you say that I can't get everything for free, as if that is even what I am asking, but in essence, that's exactly what this is about, others getting something for free that I actually payed for.Just let PMDG speak for themselves, I'm not even really all that bothered, but reading rubbish like that what you posted certainly won't help.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Carl,I won't pretend that I'm not a bit irritated, but that's about the extent of it.I am glad that many more will be able to enjoy the updates, really, I am. What I am getting really tired of is this seeming inability for people to understand, that when many of us say that we are not using (and will never use)FSX, we mean it !I have not even purchased FSX, and I won't be, either, even after it's in the bargain bin. I just finished, about three weeks ago, building my new FS9 rig. With the wonderful FS9 products on the horizon, etc., ...heh...FSX doesn't stand a chance in my house.I'm not gonna go into it all, as that horse has been beaten silly, but suffice it to say that I was very clear, both here in the forum and in private conversations with Robert, that I had no interest in the FSX version, and only ever wanted the FS9 update.I was only given one option.While certainly not the end of the world, it does indeed irritate me that what I payed for will now be free, especially after all the reasons given, and after such a short time, too, but hey, I'll live.EDIT: I can honestly say that if PMDG had just been allowed to respond, without others yet again directing me to FSX and the great bargain I got on a product I'll never use, then that would have been the end of it. I'm glad to support PMDG, but do feel a bit suckered by how this went down; but again, I'll live.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Brian,We never marketed the 744X as a paid FS9 update, and you know that. I remember making it abundantly clear at the time to you and others that the purpose of that product was not the FS9 update. I even directly said that I didn't think people would even notice most of the changes that were made and that we weren't talking about major features or bug fixes. The fact of the matter is that you bought the 744X, not an FS9 update - the product would have been exactly the same price with or without it.There were only a small handful people like yourself who bought and never installed the FSX version (we can tell this via the validations), so please don't get the idea that we made off with a bunch of money from people buying just for the FS9 update - that was not the intent and it didn't happen. The intent was to provide a nice free bonus for people who took the plunge on the FSX version.In the process of finishing these upcoming final service releases, we made the decision to place the entire 744 product line on the same footing, mostly for support efficiency reasons going forward and also because this final update actually does contain a fair number of actual systems bug fixes rather than just performance enhancements and the like, which was the main focus of the unifier included with the FSX version.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>I do not, and will never use, and do not even own, FSX, so>no, I payed again just for another FS9 update that others will>get for free.>>The FSX product is and will always remain useless bits to me,>so if I could have had the part I do care about for free, had>I only waited, then yes, it was a waste of money.>>I'm afraid that the manner in which I spend my money, and any>concerns I have over what I have received for it, are none of>your business.>>It's interesting how you say that I can't get>everything for free, as if that is even what I am asking, but>in essence, that's exactly what this is about, others>getting something for free that I actually payed for.>>Just let PMDG speak for themselves, I'm not even really all>that bothered, but reading rubbish like that what you posted>certainly won't help. Brian!I will apologize that I offended you, wasn

>Carl,>>I won't pretend that I'm not a bit irritated, but that's about>the extent of it.>>I am glad that many more will be able to enjoy the updates,>really, I am. >>What I am getting really tired of is this seeming inability>for people to understand, that when many of us say that we are>not using (and will never use)FSX, we mean it !>>I have not even purchased FSX, and I won't be, either, even>after it's in the bargain bin. I just finished, about three>weeks ago, building my new FS9 rig. With the wonderful FS9>products on the horizon, etc., ...heh...FSX doesn't stand a>chance in my house.>>I'm not gonna go into it all, as that horse has been beaten>silly, but suffice it to say that I was very clear, both here>in the forum and in private conversations with Robert, that I>had no interest in the FSX version, and only ever wanted the>FS9 update.>>I was only given one option.>>While certainly not the end of the world, it does indeed>irritate me that what I payed for will now be free, especially>after all the reasons given, and after such a short time, too,>but hey, I'll live.>>EDIT: I can honestly say that if PMDG had just been allowed to>respond, without others yet again directing me to FSX and the>great bargain I got on a product I'll never use, then that>would have been the end of it. I'm glad to support PMDG, but>do feel a bit suckered by how this went down; but again, I'll>live.>>Brian:In the end you are right- its between you and PMDG- and I do understand and appreciate your thoughts on FSX. I did install and it remains on my HD- but only AFTER my CPU upgrade to the e8500- have I come to appreciate it. It is still NOT a replacement for my FS9- but I do see the potential ahead. Should MS create a success with FSXI, by cleaning up and streamlining code and performance issues, especially improving mulit-core process distribution- I believe in a year or so (after Sandy Bridge)- there will be great things ahead for us all.In the mean time, I want to support PMDG, and will continue to purchase EVERYTHING they produce- regardless of how often I choose to fly a particular platform. In my case I purchased the 737NG (the full line-up) after I flew the 747-400. I was a bit disappointed- just could not get used to the old style mouse movements etc. In the end, it didn't matter that I hardly ever fly her, because even if I add the cost of the entire 737 line to what I spent for the 747-400 it still amounts to pennies a day for superlative enjoyment.I will buy the MD-11 and the 737NGX- all the while hoping for the opportunity to BUY another update for the 744. Silly? I don't think so. In this day of $5 coffee and $4/gal gas, whatever I spend on PMDG is supreme value for my Dollar. Just a few days ago I flew BA0011- EGLL-WSSS for a total of 12hrs 10min in my fat girl- and LOVED every minute of it. I did not mean to give offence, and I apologize if I have. Looking at the big picture, I hope you will at least acknowledge my viewpoint- even if you do not agree with it.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks very much PMDG!I can't possibly change to FSX because I can't really afford a brand new computer at this stage, and this update will remove those annoying little glitches in the FS9 744. Still my favourite plane to fly in FS and now shall be even better.Thanks very much for the update.RegardsRudy

Thanks, thanks, and thanks again to PMDG. Great news and great stuff! A great big final fix for the Queen of the Skies. I love my Queen. Thank you PMDG!Jonathan Sacks

I'm glad PMDG has decided to do this. It's greatly appreciated and thank you.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Ryan,That's good enough, and for the record, I'm not really all that upset...it was more of just a ##### ?! reaction than anything else.I look forward to the latest release when made available.

Regards,

Brian Doney