Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

Lordy, it's here: Holger's Glacier Bay v2!

Hot off the presses and destined to slow AVSIM's file library to a crawl. :)Absolutely fantastic stuff. For the search-challenged:Part 1: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=99082Part 2: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=99083Be sure and thank Holger for this stuff. Great compatibility with existing addons and an easy-to-use installer/configurator. The guy's a master.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is gonna be good!Thanks in advance to the development crew.

I haven't installed it yet but just finished reading the manual. Quite detailed. Placed a lot of good information in there for the simmer. You can tell Holger is a pro when it comes to such stuff.Looking forward to getting my feet covered in snow!ClutchProject 9 Dragons

It's one thing to create a highly detailed and accurate airport, but Holger takes thousands of acres and sprinkles his wizardly magic over all of it, to create a totally new atmosphere. Just a ton of thanks for all the work and effort to Holger and team. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

It is really great work. I've been flying around now for about 3 hours. Very nice indeed!!

You guys beat me to the post about Holger's latest gift to us all. Onc word of advice to anyone who has not yet used any of his sceneries. Follow his pre installation instructions to the letter. it's easy enough and precise. Then let the rest of the auto install take care of itself. For those of you who hate exe file installs, holger gives you the option of picking a directory outside of the fs environment. otherwise it defaults to a folder in fs9addon. I've spent the last hour or so, when I should have gone to bed, doing some exploring. well worth the time. and, holger, if you and your team are reading this....thanks again for a job well done and a great contribtuion to our hobby!Sherm

Wow! This looks like a Five-Star scenery package.Thanks for the great flight enhancements. :-beerchug There's no flying like buch flying.

Thanks to Holger and the team. It's gestures like this that sell the rest, of what you do so superbly.We are all in awe at your expertise.

Thanks here for the 'heads up' as well. I'm downloading it right now...Looks to be great stuff, and indeed, Holger is one of the best, and awful gracious to provide this to the community.Just so happens that I am 'parked' in Alaska right now, doing my yearly Alaskan tour. Looks like that tour could get expanded ;)

Thanks for the heads up! Can this scenery be used with GE pro FSG and UT Alaska? Thanks for the great scenery HolgerBest regardsAndrew

Hi Andrew,from the file info: "Glacier Bay v2 is fully compatible with other third-party add-ons, including terrain mesh (FSGlobal, FS Genesis, etc.), ground textures (Ground Environment, BEV, FScene, etc.), and landscape enhancements (Ultimate Terrain Canada/Alaska, Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords, Freight Dogs)."Cheers, Holger

edit : Holger beat me to it!! It is seamless with UT alaska, It overrides your ground environment stuff in the coverage area, but it's unlikely that you'll miss it, since it has great textures of its own. you can't to the best of my knowledge use the weather dependent textures in GB, though. the coverage area has its own 38m mesh as well, there are instructions in the manual about how to place the scenery entries for FSG so it doesn't conflict.I have all three as well, and it works perfectly for me!!

Hi guys,thanks all for the kind words - much appreciated!I'd like to emphasize though that Glacier Bay isn't "Holger's gift", it's a gift from nine FS developers working as a team. In fact, more than 70 people were involved in making and testing this project. So, I'm thanking my producer, my Great Grandfather, the board of.... :-outta Cheers, HolgerP.S.: Oops, I can't even get into the AVSIM file library anymore, hope we didn't do any damage!

Holger, perhaps you can help me here.I installed the scenery, and everything seems fine....except....I seem to have lost my runway textures at Gustavus and Hoonah (at least those), but everything is fine at Juneau and Haines (as example).I do have the BC Enhancements, and made sure I removed the files as directed in the 'read me'.I checked my layer order and everything is fine.As far as I know, I have no add-ons for these airports, such as the Betts sceneries mentioned...I keep things pretty tidy by State folders for my scenery, and I only have a couple unassociated sceneries for Alaska.Thanks in adavanceHere are a couple shots at Gustavus:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168208.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168209.jpgNot sure what is out of wack here...

Hi there,that looks, um, unusual. Given that the runway textures in PAGS are the same as PAJN (Juneau) I'd say this has got to be something other than missing textures.Try a scan with scanAFD as described in the last Q&A in this thread - http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=61 - and see whether you may have a duplicate AFCAD file somewhere.Unrelated to your issue but what I just realized from your screenshot is that I must have assigned the wrong apron texture to the current season, it shouldn't be that snowy, more like those in PAJN and PAOH. Excuse me while I fire a couple of Beta testers ;-)Cheers, Holger

>Hi there,>>that looks, um, unusual. Given that the runway textures in>PAGS are the same as PAJN (Juneau) I'd say this has got to be>something other than missing textures.>>Try a scan with scanAFD as described in the last Q&A in this>thread - http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=61 - and see>whether you may have a duplicate AFCAD file somewhere.>>Unrelated to your issue but what I just realized from your>screenshot is that I must have assigned the wrong apron>texture to the current season, it shouldn't be that snowy,>more like those in PAJN and PAOH. Excuse me while I fire a>couple of Beta testers ;-)>>Cheers, HolgerYep, I'm a bit stumped here. I found some odd occurrences at a couple of the other airports/airfields as well.I checked the AFCAD's, and have no duplicates.As I have both FSG mesh (both the 70, the 38 for this area only, and the Yukon as well), and UT Canada/Alaska, I figured there may be a problem there.So....I uninstalled all the FSG Mesh, and the UT Canada/Alaska program. Reinstalled all the FSG mesh first, then reinstalled the UT Canada/Alaska program. Made sure everything was intact/taken care of by separating, and creating an additional scenery folder for the 4 or 5 FSG mesh files, rechecked all my priorities....but alas, the problem remains. As mentioned, I have some odd situations at a couple of the remote airstrips in terms of mesh...at least it seems to be a mesh issue. I'm also having elevation issues at Skagway, albeit the majority of the RWY's show up, but they look a bit 'odd'.Here's what else I have installed:The BC EnhancementsBC LOD9 terrain mesh (I believe for a Belk scenery)BC-AB CDED1 mesh (again, I believe for a Belk scenery)I believe that is it.I'll post a pic of Skagway when I exit FS.Here ya gohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168215.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168216.jpgDunno, perhaps there is something really screwy in my scenery set-up...but again, most all work just fine, including the Victora area scenery. And as I say, Juneau and Haines are just fine.

Hi there,what is your TMVL setting at? It should be 20 for this area. However, I don't think it'll bring back the runways at PAGS though a setting of either 19 or 21 might be the cause for smaller elevation issues at PAGY etc.Cheers, Holger

>Hi there,>>what is your TMVL setting at? It should be 20 for this area.>However, I don't think it'll bring back the runways at PAGS>though a setting of either 19 or 21 might be the cause for>smaller elevation issues at PAGY etc.>>Cheers, HolgerI checked, it is at 20.

I resolved it Holger.It seems the priority of my default terrain folder was set way to 'high'.A while back I ran a third party program to reset all my scenery priorities via the scenery.cfg....it gave me all kinds of problems, and I spent a bunch of time getting things resorted. One of the things it seemed to do was 'raise' the 'default terrain' priority to the point of overtaking some scenery files....for whatever reason, this scenery package really exposed the problem more than any I have wittnessed thus far.Sorry if I gave you a scare ;)

Will this brilliant scenery contribution by Holger and team never cease?Because of these distractions I have not achieved any of my winter projects and the boss is getting impatient. I even called her in to observe me landing on the helo sled at the airport with my Robinson but then was back-handed with " you tried that with your display of flying at Bella Coola last nite".Do have one serious complaint...... I thought I heard a"mayday" coming from the cruise ship leaving Juneau and quickly responded but upon trying to land the helo adjacent to the ship's aft swimming pool I found it not to be hardened and ended up in the bilge. I wonder if this could be corrected, Holger?Gary :-violin

Hello,that's great to hear! Thanks for keeping me posted. I didn't even know that the default terrain entry could be moved up from the bottom of the scenery library. Live and learn...Cheers, Holger