Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Discounted addons for FS9?

Hi all,I thought this would be a good thread to start. Basically, I was hoping with the release of FSX that some FS9 addons would be discounted, especially the older ones that were made for FS2002 originally. There have been a few that I've been itching to get, like the Iron Knuckles DC9, but since it's still priced at 25 bucks I may have to pass. Hopefully, there are some good addons out there that are now discounted, please add to this thread if you know of any.Thanks,Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is a good idea, shame there hasn't been more take-up.I'd point to the Cloud 9 F4-F Phantom and the F104 Starfighter, both presently discounted by 50% on www.fscloud9.comI bought the Phantom and for less than Stg 10 (US 20) it's value for money.However, golden rule for cheap products is to wait for CD-Rom versions to come out and then buy on the internet instead of downloading from the publisher.

My son came back from a shopping trip and noted that "Game" are selling FS9 addons for 2 for

Jeff, If you were considering the Iron Knuckles DC9, I would strongly recommend the DF 727. I know it's not a DC9, but in my opinon, it is a much better add on all around for a very reasonable $34.95. Not to mention Paul and gang are working on the DC-8 as well. I hope this helped you in some way.

Jeff,Yeah, I agree, and I've got the DF727, it's just about my favorite addon as lately I'm in to less automation and the real hand flying of jets like they did in the old days, with the 707, the DC-8 (can't wait for that from Dreamfleet), and others.Jeff

To add some context...As a developer, based on my current experience FS9 add-ons are still fairly hot sellers.It goes against what I expected, but a lot of people it seems are not quite ready to make the jump to FSX for reasons that have been frequently stated in this forum.So until more users start switching to FSX, I personally would not expect to see significant, across the board discounts on FS9 products.Cheers,Bryan

-well, in my case, I upgraded my computer significantly to be able to run FSX and sadly did not reach a satisfactory performance. As a sideeffect, I can now max out all my FS9 settings and use all the very good addons on fs9 and really really have a good time with it. Makes me a customer that keeps the fs9-addon prices high.

That, and a lot of present FSX users are finding ways to port some of their FS9 add ons into FSX. But, those that are asking for discounts......is $25.00 really too much to pay for something you'll enjoy for years to come? I can spend that on lunch and, if everything goes right, I'll be done with it by next morningx( . I'm not saying that $25 bucks is not a lot of money but, developers got'ta eat too.John M

I suppose one could expect reductions on older fs9 titles perhaps. But newer ones, or those pending which use modern techniques, can reasonably expect top prices.fs9 addons were/are getting better and better, as if fs9 is only now coming into it's own. I would not be surprised if fs9 lives far longer than any previous 'dethroned' fs title.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

>-well, in my case, I upgraded my computer significantly to be>able to run FSX and sadly did not reach a satisfactory>performance. As a sideeffect, I can now max out all my FS9>settings and use all the very good addons on fs9 and really>really have a good time with it. Makes me a customer that>keeps the fs9-addon prices high.I guess I fall into that category myself. I did a minor upgrade that didn't do much for FSX but did wonders on FS9. I have FSX sitting on my machine since about the second day after release and I've purchased at least 5 addons for FS9 since. I believe that FSX will come into it's own one day, perhaps the patch will help, but I'm surely not done with FS9. I think the developers out there are seeing this overall.

>I have FSX sitting on my machine since about the second day>after release and I've purchased at least 5 addons for FS9>since. That's exactly what happened to me: I preordered FSX at play.com and have it since the uk release. Since then I bought for FSX the ATR 72, FS2crew ATR 72 both cheap, maybe discounted, LevelD 767 (FS2crew 767 will follow I am sure), Active Camera and RC4 (for FS9). And I am pondering a lot of about other goodies (FSUIPC registered and Active sky, to name a few).And in addition I bought as officially discounted planes (back to the original question):Cloud 9 F104 Cloud 9 MBB 339Captain Sims 727Wilco A320 PICI can highly recommend the cloud9 discounts.

"Not to mention Paul and gang are working on the DC-8 as well."Yes!!!!Can't wait,RH