Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

FS9 Days are numbered

Let me seeCS757PMDG 737PMDG 747Wilco/feelthere 737LDS 767Virtualcol F50Aerosim Classic Liners Vol 1 (727 series, 737-200, classic 747 series)Dreamfleet 727CS 727CS 707Overland World AirlinersI'm sure that's not all of them, and I'm not even counting the great freeware planes I have collected over the years, not have I counted the merges I have made of aircraft models, sounds and panels to give me the greatest flying experience. Then, there still is the multitude of other addons, like airport sceneries, but also AES. This, I couldn't have done with FSX. Not at all. Not even close. No, FS9 is not dead. At least, it isn't for me, and I still have a looong list of addons I still want to get, most notable graphical updates like GEPro, FE, and ASA.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest acebrando7

The last two e-mails sound very accurate to me. It simply goes to show that FS9 still has a long life ahead. The migration over to FSX will be a long process.brando

There seems to often be a rather common misconception that people who use FS9 do so because their systems are not up to par, and therefore they simply cannot use FSX. Almost like FS9 users have no choice. I wholeheartedly disagree. Some people, like myself, actually have both sims but prefer FS9 for heavy aircraft flying despite being able to run FSX.Some folks seem to forget that FS9 with add-ons looks pretty close to FSX in a lot of instances and does so with 2x-3x-4x the performance. For instance, the Level-D 767 offers excellent performance in FSX when compared to many other add-ons, but I can still lock my FPS at 40 in FS9 and have it pretty much never move with any and all add-ons. So, while I can run the Level-D 767 in FSX, and do so quite well, I choose to use FS9 because of everything else I can ALSO do, if that makes sense.Anybody who thinks FS9's "days are numbered" needs to take a day to watch all of EDetroit's videos on Youtube......FS9 also has rain effects on glass. *neener*neener* :( :( lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Agreed, Arklight.FS9's days aren't numbered. Since Aces went down, FS9 will always now be the 2nd last version MS ever produced. So why exactly are it's days numbered ? If anything now, developers no longer have a moving target to aim at. FSX will be the end. That's where we have to aim and I predict more FS9 addons as a result of this stability.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

There seems to often be a rather common misconception that people who use FS9 do so because their systems are not up to par, and therefore they simply cannot use FSX. Almost like FS9 users have no choice. I wholeheartedly disagree. Some people, like myself, actually have both sims but prefer FS9 for heavy aircraft flying despite being able to run FSX.Some folks seem to forget that FS9 with add-ons looks pretty close to FSX in a lot of instances and does so with 2x-3x-4x the performance. For instance, the Level-D 767 offers excellent performance in FSX when compared to many other add-ons, but I can still lock my FPS at 40 in FS9 and have it pretty much never move with any and all add-ons. So, while I can run the Level-D 767 in FSX, and do so quite well, I choose to use FS9 because of everything else I can ALSO do, if that makes sense.Anybody who thinks FS9's "days are numbered" needs to take a day to watch all of EDetroit's videos on Youtube......FS9 also has rain effects on glass. *neener*neener* :( :( lol
-------------------Arklight1- When you see the AVSIM poll showing the majority of simmers still favoring FS9 - 2 1/2 years after release of FSX; your comments really come into focus! One wonders if FS9 may yet win the wrestling match!The pic shows why I have no plans either, to move away from FS9.Alex ReidBonanza on dawn final for R28L CYVR (The old AMD 1.8 XP2200 just keeps on tickin'!)