Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Black/disappearing textures? Some bizarre news ...

PS A question for tfm: I recall you did some testing on the Radeon 5870 card, did you test this card for the black screen/textures problems?
PeteI did. It brought no improvement in my case.Tim

So then there must be something with the sounds that PMDG has and the way they have them programmed. What about changing the quality of the sounds themselves?
It's not just PMDG. This issues happens with other aircraft as well. This is also easily reproduceable with some of the CaptainSim products and this is not just a sound issue.

Has anyone tried renaming fsx.exe?Perhaps some specific code in both video card drivers is having an effect on flight simulator x. Try renaming fsx.exe it to another game such as halo.exe or UT3.exe, etc. and see if you get the same results.Good Luck :(John
What is up with people ignoring posts over here? I offered a possible solution, but some people just skip it. How do you expect to get your problems solved then?John

What is up with people ignoring posts over here? I offered a possible solution, but some people just skip it. How do you expect to get your problems solved then?John
John,Give it a rest. No reason to get your panties in a bunch. If it were that simple, we would have had an answer to this already. It has nothing do with video card profiles we've been through that long ago.

Guest wrbrd

I'm also having the graphics problem in the JS41. It's the only PMDG aircraft I have. I've tried to lower the sound to 16 bit 8000hz as was mentioned before but I managed to get the black screen in less then a minute. I did notice a sound quality difference and that wasn't acceptable. I have my warbirds from A2A and love the deep rumble of those radial engines and need the fidelity that you can't achieve at the lower setting. Plus it didn't work.I've noticed that sometimes the Nhancer settings won't hold and will revert back to the default settings. I then have to reboot FSX and hope it will revert back. I've completed a few flights but only to arrive at an airport where the textures are totally messed up.I hope this thread keeps going because I believe this is part of a bigger problem and we need to let other people know about the problems and this one seems to be a doozy.

I'm also having the graphics problem in the JS41. It's the only PMDG aircraft I have. I've tried to lower the sound to 16 bit 8000hz as was mentioned before but I managed to get the black screen in less then a minute. I did notice a sound quality difference and that wasn't acceptable. I have my warbirds from A2A and love the deep rumble of those radial engines and need the fidelity that you can't achieve at the lower setting. Plus it didn't work.I've noticed that sometimes the Nhancer settings won't hold and will revert back to the default settings. I then have to reboot FSX and hope it will revert back. I've completed a few flights but only to arrive at an airport where the textures are totally messed up.I hope this thread keeps going because I believe this is part of a bigger problem and we need to let other people know about the problems and this one seems to be a doozy.
In the nHancer menu on the top in the OPTIONS menu did you make sure to select

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest wrbrd
In the nHancer menu on the top in the OPTIONS menu did you make sure to select "ALLOW OVERRIDE OF PREDEFINED PROFILES" is selected?I had the same thing happen where nHancer wouldn't keep AA after I ended a flight and started a new one. One I selected "ALLOW OVERRIDE OF PREDEFINED PROFILES" it keeps settings from reverting.
I just checked the setting and the "ALLOW OVERRIDE OF PREDEFINED PROFILES" was not checked.I will give that a go.Thanks for that information. So now I just have to get the texture corruption fixed because that is definitely a show stopper.Bernie

John,Give it a rest. No reason to get your panties in a bunch. If it were that simple, we would have had an answer to this already. It has nothing do with video card profiles we've been through that long ago.
Have anyone actually tried it? You can't know the answer unless you've done it.John

I just checked the setting and the "ALLOW OVERRIDE OF PREDEFINED PROFILES" was not checked.I will give that a go.Thanks for that information. So now I just have to get the texture corruption fixed because that is definitely a show stopper.Bernie
Yeah, the "ALLOW OVERRIDE OF PREDEFINED PROFILES" is an easy one to miss. I forgot to check it a few times as well when updating drivers and resetting nHancer.The texture corruption thing is a bugger and I am surprsed to see how many people get it. I was one of the lucky ones that was able to fix it by getting a new sound card. My card doesn't even have the option to change to telephone quality or any of the other low sound options, but apparently it doesn't seem to matter in my case because I haven't had the textures disappear, FSX crash, lock up, or autogen spike since I replaced it.Good luck.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Have anyone actually tried it? You can't know the answer unless you've done it.John
Hello JohnI have tried it with no luck. Thank you anyway for the hint.

Guest 413X3

Tonight I am going to completely uninstall, and reinstall. I Just bough the FSX Gold Box with Acceleration and am going to try that from scratch, with no airport scenery addons installed, just default fsx and the pmdg, a few long haul flights. Well I might install UTX because the default scenery is so bland. And I never fly with AI because my system isn't fast enough

Guest wrbrd

I might of found another fix for the graphic problems a lot of us are having. I also posted in the Turoprop section.I found that after overclocking my CPU I neglected to set my memory timing properly. Once it was set it now works perfectly and I can not get my graphics to fail.Give it a go and let us know if it works for you.I do not know if this was mentioned before, if it was I apologize.Cheers,Bernie

UTX Europe caused this on my system.........I noticed the problem as soon as I loaded it - I uninstalled it and it seems fine now. Gex is fine.BTW. It used to happen with all planes on my system

Are we all overclocked here or use multiple displays like the th2go, maybe it is isolated to certain people?
Good question. I don't know about others but I am overclocked and have multiple monitors.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier