Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG J41 Night lighting preview and other tid-bits...

I am STOKED about a J41 from PMDG! You guys are the shizz when it comes to high-end airliner sims... applying that skill to a smaller commuter sounds like an excellent combo to me. Put me down for one of those whenever it rolls out of the hangar.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Will the dash 8 be for fs2004? I hope your next project is the 777!Alexei

Guest kirk7312
The J41 is the technology testbed for the NG2.0, so you can imagine how incredible the NG2.0 is going to look- as well as the products that follow the NG2
I don't hate that J41 again. :(

Guest Buzz313th

I'm going on vacation on the 1st of July for 6 days. It would be incredible if we got to play with the J-41 before July.JB <----------- Crosses his fingers

Guest tcable
I'm going on vacation on the 1st of July for 6 days. It would be incredible if we got to play with the J-41 before July.JB <----------- Crosses his fingers
IMHO the majority of the RJ class available for FSX are toys. I was playing with the E170/190 last night and it just feels too easy. Plus the docs are woefully inadequate- on the lines of the WW2 POH from a fighter! If you've ever seen one, it's a pamphlet vs a manual, and almost a comic book at that.I'm really looking forward the 737NNG2.0 (new Next generation? and a mouthful) I'll be on one in November returning from OrlandoI can guess the following- no 2d panels. Which means no issues with wide vs std aspect displays, and probably the ability to boost performance a bit too, though I love the MD11 2d panels. It seems that I can never get the VC views quite right- between zoom and head position, I feel out of sorts. on a 25" monitor no less.I'd really like to see the Erj/E1709/E190 done the PMDG way along with a 777 or even a 787 now. The Dreamliner is getting awfully close to reality. I'm on E145's next week (UAL Express PVD-CHS and return- don't tell Rob!)

Well I started using the VC's lately because to be ready for the J41 - I must say, that a Zoom Setting of 0.5 seems perfect for me on a 22" Widescreen Monitor @ 1680x1050When you keep the spacebar pressed you cann move your mouse and go to all viewspots you want. It is not too bad - I kind of like it :()

Guest Buzz313th
Well I started using the VC's lately because to be ready for the J41 - I must say, that a Zoom Setting of 0.5 seems perfect for me on a 22" Widescreen Monitor @ 1680x1050When you keep the spacebar pressed you cann move your mouse and go to all viewspots you want. It is not too bad - I kind of like it :()
Get a Track IR. Best money spent and you will start looking for addons that specifically have great VC's.JB

Looks really beautifull, I'm not use to fly IFR using the VC, but for this one, for sure I'll give a try!I dont know if you are open for suggestions, as you are almost finishing the product, but will be really great to see a external fuel/route plan, something like the maddog2008 one. I found that really usefull.ThanksMatheus Barbosa

IFR in a VC of the quality of the recent PMDG releases is a doddle! All the hours I have in the MD-11 are in the VC, in fact the 2D panel only ever appears when scrolling to the VC in FS9... I never use the 2D in FSX...WRT FSX... now I have actually got it installed and running, roll on the J41. Mouthwatering cockpit views... I don't care if hardly anyone flies the plane scheduled in real life these days... Time for a Jeremy Clarkson chorus of "SWEEEEET"Andrew

Looks nice. Dash 8? Which Variants? Majestic already has a great Dash 8 Q300. A PMDG A330/340 would be great though :)Anthony

I have the Majestic Dash 8 q300 and lets just say it isn't even installed on my machine right now. I think PMDG would provide a great q300. I also know many would like to see the q400, but I am hoping they go with both the 300 and 400 because the 300 is widely used as well as the 400 and I think if PMDG made both, they would be the best out on the market. Personally I would rather the 300 but I think there are many others that would rather the 400.

Guest BlueRidgeDx
I have the Majestic Dash 8 q300 and lets just say it isn't even installed on my machine right now. I think PMDG would provide a great q300. I also know many would like to see the q400, but I am hoping they go with both the 300 and 400 because the 300 is widely used as well as the 400 and I think if PMDG made both, they would be the best out on the market. Personally I would rather the 300 but I think there are many others that would rather the 400.
I don't have anything against the Q300/Q400, but am I the only one who thinks that "stetch" models are ugly?I feel the same way about most other airframes. The DC-9-10 and -30 look much nicer than the -50 and -80. The 767-300 and -400 look really ungainly when compared to the 767-200. And the same goes for the 757-300.The only stetch that doesn't look out of place is the DC-8. I think the -60 and -70 series look fantastic.Nick

I don't have anything against the Q300/Q400, but am I the only one who thinks that "stetch" models are ugly?I feel the same way about most other airframes. The DC-9-10 and -30 look much nicer than the -50 and -80. The 767-300 and -400 look really ungainly when compared to the 767-200. And the same goes for the 757-300.The only stetch that doesn't look out of place is the DC-8. I think the -60 and -70 series look fantastic.Nick
If anything I think the 100/200 are a little ugly, though thats only due to the fact I'm used to seeing the 300, I do agree with you on the 400 - don't like the tail or prop shape at all.

If anything I think the 100/200 are a little ugly, though thats only due to the fact I'm used to seeing the 300, I do agree with you on the 400 - don't like the tail or prop shape at all.
Gotta disagree with you on that :( .. the Q400 is one sexy turboprop! I'm crossing every finger and toe in hopes that they are doing the Q400 and not the early models!

It's not DASH8, but CRASH8

The Airbus 321 and Airbus 340-600 is a nice streched aircraft too :)