Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

PMDG MD11 FS9 Top Of Descent Pause Issue

Hello everyone,I have a quick question, i am flying MD11 in FS9 and have option checked in PMDG menu to pause at the TOD, yet when i reach TOD point on the flight, plane just keeps on going, anyone has any ideas what could be causing this? My FMC flight plan does have T/C and T/D points, so when i review flight plan i do have the point with arrow pointing down stating the TOD yet plane keeps going through with out stopping. any help would be greately appreciated.Thank you.-=Andrei Malishkin=-

Guest dimaleo
Hello everyone,I have a quick question, i am flying MD11 in FS9 and have option checked in PMDG menu to pause at the TOD, yet when i reach TOD point on the flight, plane just keeps on going, anyone has any ideas what could be causing this? My FMC flight plan does have T/C and T/D points, so when i review flight plan i do have the point with arrow pointing down stating the TOD yet plane keeps going through with out stopping. any help would be greately appreciated.Thank you.-=Andrei Malishkin=-
Hi Andrei,You might have the very same problem I have in my problem with missing T/D point and 747 plane keep going on and on never starts a descent peocedure.Well, I am still turturing people here to get an answer, no help so far :( By the way, what FP builder do you use ?Leonard.

I have a quick question, i am flying MD11 in FS9 and have option checked in PMDG menu to pause at the TOD, yet when i reach TOD point on the flight, plane just keeps on going, anyone has any ideas what could be causing this? My FMC flight plan does have T/C and T/D points, so when i review flight plan i do have the point with arrow pointing down stating the TOD yet plane keeps going through with out stopping.
I don't see many problems with the pause at TOD, but a few seem to have it happen often. It's not something that is easy to reproduce to figure out what is causing the glitch.How about some specifics about your flight? That might help, the first question I have is regarding the flight plath segment in which the TOD lies, because the pause should occur at a specific time before the TOD. I assume the segment is much longer than 10 nm and you were not using any time acceleration?

Dan Downs KCRP

Flight plan is inputed manualy by me using real flightplan info, i depart as FEDEX from KOAK departure reach my cruise here is my exact flight plan OAK5 OAK LIN PEONS INSLO DTA J84 EKR TOMSN4 the FMC shows the start descent just little after EKR i see the down arrow, so as soon as i reach it passes right throuhg and pretty much arives at airport. let me know.PS: i have 747 also installed and same flight pauses right on no probs, so just MD11.ThanksAndrei Malishkin.

Hi Andrei:I have the same problem with the MD11. There is definitely a bug there that is hard to reproduce. I never had an issue on the 747. My current work around is to first load the panel (i.e. quick turn), and then go into options and toggle the pause at TOD flag. Meaning, go to options, turn it off, close options, open options and toggle it on again. This has solved it for me (but I consider it a work around).Thanks.Fabio

Are you saying it doesn't Pause? Or it doesn't descend ?For descent you must ensure you are in PROF mode and you see PROF TO X,000 on the PFD. It caught me out a few times also. Dial in your lower Alt and press PROF. Not right-click ,or you'll go into a VSpeed mode.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

My md-11 also doesn't pause where the 747 does. I can use the workaround with clicking pause at TOD on and off in the menu then it works. just to let others know.

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Fabio: Please tell us about your system. Are you using XP or Vista? List any addons you might normally use too.. thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

My md-11 also doesn't pause where the 747 does. I can use the workaround with clicking pause at TOD on and off in the menu then it works. just to let others know.
I have the same problem and mentioned it in another thread. I have had it since before and after the recent update and it happens in both FS9 and FSX. I think Ant meant to say clicking Pause at TOD OFF the ON but that is what I have to do each flight to make it work. I just do it when I am in the PMDG menu setting the fuel so it isn't that inconvenient. I have no problems with the FS9 747 but haven't really done any flying with the FSX 747. Hopefully they can fix this in the next update.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Tom, have you assigned admin rights to the pmdg directory and subdirectories? I am wondering if that is why the pmdg options selecting isn't sticking.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi all,I've had this problem with both the 747X and the MD-11. I had a flight yesterday (KJFK-KLAX, using MSFS Flight Planner) that not only didn't pause, it kept going until it ran out of fuel near Micronesia. The same has happened, unpredictably, with the MD-11. It is definitely not reproducible. The only addons are FS2Crew (for both a/c) but it was not in use the last time the 747X and the MD-11 kept going. Simulation rate was 1X, and the flight was "overnight". I do not know how the 747X descended as it was in the water by the time I looked at it. The last time the MD-11 ignored the TOD pause, it just kept on going at the assigned cruise altitude. I'll definitely try the solutions/workarounds mentioned.dan davison

I think this has to do with Loading panel state, if you load panel state and then go to PMDG options and uncheck pause at top, then click ok and go back and recheck it then it works. so kinda bizzare, again hard to reproduce. to the person who asked if it does descent etc yes plane does descent right on schedule just doesnt pause as it should per options check mark.-=Andrei Malishkin=-

I have the same problem and mentioned it in another thread. I have had it since before and after the recent update and it happens in both FS9 and FSX. I think Ant meant to say clicking Pause at TOD OFF the ON but that is what I have to do each flight to make it work. I just do it when I am in the PMDG menu setting the fuel so it isn't that inconvenient. I have no problems with the FS9 747 but haven't really done any flying with the FSX 747. Hopefully they can fix this in the next update.
Funny thing is i checked the MD11Gauges.ini or something like that that they have file, and there is line stating TODPause=1 and that was in there so i assume it saves it just fine.and if u go into pmdg options you do see check mark as u selected, so it saves it.-=Andrei Malishkin=-

Tom, have you assigned admin rights to the pmdg directory and subdirectories? I am wondering if that is why the pmdg options selecting isn't sticking.
My selections do actually stick if I am understanding the question correctly. When I go into the menu Pause at TOD is checked. I just have to uncheck it and then recheck it and it will work. amalishkin: I don't actually have to exit the menu and the re-enter. It works if I just uncheck and recheck. I do save my flight at the end of each flight and then start the next one from the saved flight. I assume that is like loading a saved panel state but I'm not sure.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Fabio: Please tell us about your system. Are you using XP or Vista? List any addons you might normally use too.. thanks.
Hi Dan:Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4GHzNVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX4 Gigs of memoryWindows XP, SP3FSX, SP2Active Sky XTraffic X (set to 0%) - it was happening before I bought itFSUIPC RegisteredLet me know if you need anything else.Regards,Fabio