Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaskanFactor

REX 2.0 corrupted my exe.xml for UT2

Ii also overwrites the AI carriers entry in the.xml file, but this is also pretty easily remedied by running the installer again. Worked for me.

I'm sorry, but I saw this same line being spun at the REX forums. Is it a canned response?The OP's complaint deals with an XML file, for goodness sake. How difficult is it for whoever was doing the programming to check and see if the XML file was the default file size or was larger. If larger, you go in and append the data. If it's the original size, go ahead and overwrite. If I get it, why doesn't the programmer, especially before it messes up people's systems?Again, we're not talking compatibility with "EVERY" other addon in the FSX market. We're talking about a plain text file, that because of it's formatting gets to be called XML. Geez, skip the excuses, say we messed up and that you'll get it fixed. Unless you're planning a career in politics?What happen to common sense and logic within the computer programming community?
Meshman -You are welcome to contact me directly at my personal email reedstough@msn.com to make any additional comments you would like. We are open to anyone's opinions and comments.In the meantime, I think we have been pretty clear and up front that we made a mistake and are in the process of fixing the issue.Everyone on our team has worked very hard on this project - but unfortunately this slipped through - what can I say - we are ALL human, and we are bound to mess up once in awhile.Now as far as politics goes - well let's not go there.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Whilst it's no big deal to fix this particular aspect, some FS items which create/add to exe.xml do not have configuration utilities which you can rerun to add the missing code to exe.xml. Couple this scenario with a user who does not understand the inticacies of Win & FSX and you could easily end up with irate customers. It does seem a fairly fundamental issue for all beta testers to have missed, but.......................... The Version 2 product is a major improvement which I am happy to use and will look out for the exe.xml fix, as I seem to suffer from more and more "senior moments" these days.Maurice.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

OP - The forum CLEARLY states that in order to get support you must supply your ORDER#. IMHO, if you are to busy or lazy to follow the rules then you shouldn't complain about not getting an answer. When I first purchased the product I had some issues and, guess what? - I posted my order number and got some quick responses.Cut them some slack, please.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi,Installed the REX v2 yesterday and have the same problem, no UT2, tried to fix with above suggestions but no go,in my case the exe.xml file is simply gone,(did a search for it). So where will I find a replacement for this file??? No backup.I am surprised that the Beta testers did not find this bug, first time I installed a new version right after release and this is the result. I am sure a solution can be found to an otherwise great product.Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Installed the REX v2 yesterday and in my case the exe.xml file is simply gone,(did a search for it). So where will I find a replacement for this file??? No backup.
Helmut and rest, I have the sam problem. The exe.xml is gone! th_13969_error_122_993lo.jpg

RobdeVries.jpg

This is not such a big issue and I don't understand why some folks are getting so hysterical!Just run the UT2 utility once after installing REX2 and that's all
I need to add that may not be good enough ! If your exe.xml has anything else in it you might be sunk! Mine has coutl.exe from FS Dream team as well.I had a back up luckily, and making a back up first should help and be the best solution until fixed.Overall impressed with REX 2.0 so far ! :( Joe

Joe Lorenc

Guest jaskanFactor
Helmut and rest, I have the sam problem. The exe.xml is gone! th_13969_error_122_993lo.jpg
Part of the reason i cut and paste contents of my own exe.xml file above is so that some folks could copy and paste to remake thier own exe.xml file, that contains only rex2 and ut2.I think all you need to do is just open wordpad paste the stuff, and change the paths from what i have to to it should be on your system.---------------------------VERY IMPORTANTAs for me, i was dissapointed about this mistake of exe.xml being damaged, but what i really foud offensive is that the thread started by users on REX forum to try to find solution to this probloem was NOT ONLY LOCKED BUT ALSO MARKED AS SOLVED. They locked the thread cause according to them people dont have the right signature.REX should Have some mercy, and common sense undertsanding, that if you have already messed up people's FSX installation, you should be reasonable enough to overlook the minor sig issue and let folks get on with solving thier problem that you have created.Again for me the exe.xml file was disspointing , but to lock the thread where people were trying to solve the problem that is just GOING TOO FAR.THE ONLY REASON I STARTED THIS THREAD ON AVSIM WAS CAUSE REX HAD CLEVERLY LOCKED THE THREAD ON THERE FORUM WEHRE PEOPLE WERE TRYING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM , GIVE A SENSIBLE REASON FOR THAT.I never ever have any cause to log into rex forum, i dont go there. but when this issue started i went there to look for soltuion, i dont even remeber my loigin details to rex forum, and when rex software messes up my FSX i expect them to overlook the sig issue, and just let folks get on with solving thier problem, instead of locking the thread.Again anybody can make mistakes, but to then OBSTRUCT THE EFFORTS OF THOSE TRYING TO FIX THE MISTAKE IS JUST PLAIN IRRESPONSIBLE, and this kind of behaviour is common support tactic in simming community. If i was responsible for messing up my FSX install i can undertsand thread being locked for signature reasons, but when it REX that makes such a simple mistake, only to then lock the thread for minor reason, i had to come all the way here to avsim to start a new thread to disscuss an issuue that could have been solved on REX forum......Try Make some sense of that.AND MIGHT I ADD THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT BEING HYSTERICAL , MAYBE NOT ALL SYMPATHY IS WITH THE USERS HERE. THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND coming from avsim where the admin go as far as to make fun of people who try to alert others to faults in products, such as with PMDG screen curruption issue. PEOPLE BETTER ADD THIER COMMENTS AND FIXES TO THIS THREAD QUCIK BEFORE THEY LOCK IT TOO.

Part of the reason i cut and paste contents of my own exe.xml file above is so that some folks could copy and paste to remake thier own exe.xml file, that contains only rex2 and ut2.I think all you need to do is just open wordpad paste the stuff, and change the paths from what i have to to it should be on your system.---------------------------VERY IMPORTANTAs for me, i was dissapointed about this mistake of exe.xml being damaged, but what i really foud offensive is that the thread started by users on REX forum to try to find solution to this probloem was NOT ONLY LOCKED BUT ALSO MARKED AS SOLVED. They locked the thread cause according to them people dont have the right signature.REX should Have some mercy, and common sense undertsanding, that if you have already messed up people's FSX installation, you should be reasonable enough to overlook the minor sig issue and let folks get on with solving thier problem that you have created.Again for me the exe.xml file was disspointing , but to lock the thread where people were trying to solve the problem that is just GOING TOO FAR.THE ONLY REASON I STARTED THIS THREAD ON AVSIM WAS CAUSE REX HAD CLEVERLY LOCKED THE THREAD ON THERE FORUM WEHRE PEOPLE WERE TRYING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM , GIVE A SENSIBLE REASON FOR THAT.I never ever have any cause to log into rex forum, i dont go there. but when this issue started i went there to look for soltuion, i dont even remeber my loigin details to rex forum, and when rex software messes up my FSX i expect them to overlook the sig issue, and just let folks get on with solving thier problem, instead of locking the thread.Again anybody can make mistakes, but to then OBSTRUCT THE EFFORTS OF THOSE TRYING TO FIX THE MISTAKE IS JUST PLAIN IRRESPONSIBLE, and this kind of behaviour is common support tactic in simming community. If i was responsible for messing up my FSX install i can undertsand thread being locked for signature reasons, but when it REX that makes such a simple mistake, only to then lock the thread for minor reason, i had to come all the way here to avsim to start a new thread to disscuss an issuue that could have been solved on REX forum......Try Make some sense of that.AND MIGHT I ADD THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT BEING HYSTERICAL , MAYBE NOT ALL SYMPATHY IS WITH THE USERS HERE. THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND coming from avsim where the admin go as far as to make fun of people who try to alert others to faults in products, such as with PMDG screen curruption issue. PEOPLE BETTER ADD THIER COMMENTS AND FIXES TO THIS THREAD QUCIK BEFORE THEY LOCK IT TOO.
Mr 'jaskanFactor' ,If I remember well, you have already been warned once in the PMDG forum for being very rude and we were obliged to lock your thread.Your comments are again insulting and more than borderline.There is no reason to lock this thread but there is a good one to ban you from all Avsim forums.That's what I do now without hesitating

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

David - Good call IMHO.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1) Is the exe.xml file used by any other programs that may have also been effected?2) Where is it located?

Guest JimC1702

It should be in the same locations as your FSX.cfg file. I've been really really bad about backng stuff up, but I recently bought a Seagate Replica which constantly backs up my computer. So I just retrieved the exe.xml file from there, copied it back and now I'm back in business.Jim

Guest devrandom

This is why I backup my FSX install now. I learned with PMDG who corrupt your entire FSX if it detects something wrong when installing liveries (Shame on them for this by the way). I didn't notice the exe.xml being overwritten and was wondering why my Ultimate Traffic 2 wasn't working, luckily I didn't have anything else in there other than that in my exe.xml, but a small honest mistake on their part which I can forgive, but others might get ######.If anything a short term solution would be to backup your exe.xml, install REX2.0, then just copy your backup back in your fsx folder in appdata, then enjoy.

Folks we have a solution and will be putting out a patch hopefully this evening.Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Tim, its hard to take brunt of people's frustration. But your response and handling of the issue has been superb. REX not only reflects the great talent of its developers, but also their top notch service and overall knowledge of business; a rarity these days. My hats off to you guys. :( Frank