Sign in to follow this  
henningvr

J41 Previews

Hey familyguy, if all you want is a "complex jetliner" I recommend you get off this forum and go buy some other half-assed jetliner of the month product. There are many developers who target their products specifically to guys like you. You might want to check out Abacus. But leave this forum to the real pilots who appreciate a beautifully and accurately done airplane like the J41. Based on what I've seen so far, the Jetstream is probably a little out of your league anyway.

Guest realatp
We've released long haul jets with our last two products, and you complain as if we've done a bunch of turboprops... riiight.I'd bet a very large amount of money that you wouldn't be able to correctly fly a decent and approach in this aircraft if you really think 777s and the like are the "complex" aircraft for pilots... This is a pilot's airplane, you actually have to (*gasp*) put your hand on the yoke and throttle in this one. There's no coupled VNAV, autolands, automatic radio tuning and the like. What is there though are a whole bunch of actual piloting related things that can royally mess up your engines, icing to watch out for and deal with, payload and fuel management etc... This is easily as "complex" as learning a jet's systems, much moreso I'd argue given that it's not all automated with the push of a button.I'm not going to stand back and allow anyone to post misinformed attacks this product - we put just as much effort into this as we do with the jets, it's a completely different way of flying and many aspects of turboprop operation are being simulated correctly for the very first time in the history of Flight Simulator with this aircraft.
DAMMMMN RIGHT, I used to think I was a great "pliot" until I flew a c172 on a 400nm trip with no GPS in real life, thats real flying.....No offense to all the simmers, but, flight simming with a 744 is done with whats called PHD Logic (Push Here Dummy), in other words, push this button so the airplane goes here and you're done. That's easy, too easy. I'd rather calculate Ground Speeds (so I can call FSS and tell them I'm coming), Fuel, ETA, Tracks etc then sit there for 17 hours in a 800,000lb calculator.Nice job trashing the new J41, have you been on youtube lately? There's a book its called 'From the Ground Up" go get it, it will change your life.J T COLLINSReal flying is know

This is starting to look like another discussion that got ugly and got locked. I would offer to anyone who is not familiar with turboprop aircraft and would like a look at the manuals for the J41 go to http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/bae/JETSTREAM-41/ open some of the files there. Air condition and Pressurization (35 pages) Aircraft General systems (48 pages) Airframe and flight Controls (52 pages)Avionics (83 pages) Electrical (37 pages) Emergency Equipment and Oxygen (16 pages) Engines and Propellers (80 pages) Fuel Systems (26 pages) There are other sections of the manuals there too but while waiting for the release from PMDG these documents might get you started. Good luck!

Keith Guillory

I dont understand what the whole fuss is about.... With all due respect, this is nothing to get excited over as this isn't a very complexed aircraft, compared to JETLINERS... To be honest i'd be more excited about a release of a B777-200 rather than another turboprop addon..Brian Wilkins.
Why even bother to post if you don't care? 99.9% of the people posting in these J41 threads are all excited and can't wait for the release and there is always the 0.1% who come along and leave a negative comment.

Gavin, like Nick who posted earlier to this thread, I was strictly a 2D panel user even in the beautiful MD11 cockpit. When it came to pushing buttons I wanted 2D. Beta testing the JS4100 has changed my preference for ever. The only trick I had to learn to make it work for me was how to press the spacebar once and then the mouse becomes the pan/zoom/tilt control. Press spacebar again and it reverts to click tool. So for me, this has worked better than I imagined.
DanYou've sold me on this. Just one question though. FSX doesn't run too well on my 3 year old Core 2 dual, but the LDS767 is not too bad. Obviously I'm not asking for cast iron guarantees, but do you think there's a chance that the J41 would be usable for me? I only purchased the MD-11 for FS9 (runs like a dream) so can't give you an MD-11 comparison.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

To the OP:Wonderful shot! Thanks for making a HQ screenshot. I can't stand it when devs host nasty pics on their site. Turn on the AA and AF or hire someone to post pics of your product. :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

DanYou've sold me on this. Just one question though. FSX doesn't run too well on my 3 year old Core 2 dual, but the LDS767 is not too bad. Obviously I'm not asking for cast iron guarantees, but do you think there's a chance that the J41 would be usable for me? I only purchased the MD-11 for FS9 (runs like a dream) so can't give you an MD-11 comparison.
If FSX runs to your satisfaction with any airplane, at a busy airport, then based on the effort that they made I would bet the JS41 would be okay on your system. There is also a configuration manager to knock down panel resolution and slow down guage refresh rates to help if needed.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest 747-fan

My rig (Dell XPS 420 with a C2D E8500 3.16GHz with a single nVidia 8500GT, non RAID low-end S-ATA disks and 4GB RAM) runs the MD11 surprisingly well, but I do have to disable autogen and turn down water and scenery complexity to make it smooth. That's perfectly OK with a "FL410" kind of big iron aircraft. I wouldn't hope the same FSX settings are required for the J41. I hope the J41 is a bit easier on the system, I wouldn't mind turning down resolutions and gauge rates, but by then I'd hope I could turn up some scenery complexity and autogen without bogging FSX down to single digit FPS.A big question for me would be "how does the J41 compare to the MD11 in terms of frame rates?" I'm not asking for a true A/B-test, but what are the developers and beta testers's impressions on that?

Seeing as we're so close to release now, I can't see what the problem would be.* Specs* FSX config* MD-11 *VC* frame rate* J41 frame rate in the same situationEither it is the same, better (hopefully!), or worse.On my modest rig I get a cool 22 FPS out of the MD-11 VC at Heathrow 2008.Best regards,Robin.

There have been plenty of posts from people involved in the beta testing saying the frame rates are equal to, but in most cases better than the MD-11. I don't really have many problems with the MD-11 in the first place. I usually get a stutter here or there when I go to Atlanta or another major city. I would expect the J41 to be very smooth. So I would say not to worry considering I run FSX on a lap top with Nick's recommended settings.

Hi AllFirst off i'll like to say a big well done on this A/C. It looks like a really lovely bird to fly.Secondly can some one please give us a ETA, as i am checking your website every 5 min's and i think my refresh button is getting quite bored of me pushing it. Thanks again Look forward to flying J41Keep up the good work

Hi AllFirst off i'll like to say a big well done on this A/C. It looks like a really lovely bird to fly.Secondly can some one please give us a ETA, as i am checking your website every 5 min's and i think my refresh button is getting quite bored of me pushing it. Thanks again Look forward to flying J41Keep up the good work
ETA is:Okay- don't wander too far off- and make sure you leave your phone turned on- there's a good chance that crew scheduling will be calling you with a J41 trip before the day is out.

We've released long haul jets with our last two products, and you complain as if we've done a bunch of turboprops... riiight.I'd bet a very large amount of money that you wouldn't be able to correctly fly a decent and approach in this aircraft if you really think 777s and the like are the "complex" aircraft for pilots... This is a pilot's airplane, you actually have to (*gasp*) put your hand on the yoke and throttle in this one. There's no coupled VNAV, autolands, automatic radio tuning and the like. What is there though are a whole bunch of actual piloting related things that can royally mess up your engines, icing to watch out for and deal with, payload and fuel management etc... This is easily as "complex" as learning a jet's systems, much moreso I'd argue given that it's not all automated with the push of a button.I'm not going to stand back and allow anyone to post misinformed attacks this product - we put just as much effort into this as we do with the jets, it's a completely different way of flying and many aspects of turboprop operation are being simulated correctly for the very first time in the history of Flight Simulator with this aircraft.
Amen Ryan! This is going to be one complex bird... but one well worth taming

Okay, now I'm hitting that page refresh a little to much. I just picked up the manual and waiting for the scheduler :(

Keith Guillory