Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehaska

FS2004 - DVD format only?

I've now seen "DVD" mentioned in more than one FS2004 blurb. I don't have a DVD drive on my PC - am I to understand that I need to get one in order to install "2K4"?I would prefer not to - my 20th century-vintage CDROM drive works just fine.thx,Dave Blevins

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would have to get quite angry if this was the case.....:)

I dont think we are going to be seeing games released on DVD for a while yet....definitely not FS2004. It would save a lot of extra CDs if you are concerned about waste, but DVD drives arent a standard yet....maybe soon.Craig

I suspect the blurb is referring to the DVD case...

What new computer doesn't come with a DVD drive? I've had one for close to 2 years - I hope they do start releasing games on em soon - 4 discs is starting to get a bit ridiculous (two recent games, FS2004, and Enter the Matrix are 4CDs)...

>What new computer doesn't come with a DVD drive? I've had>one for close to 2 years - I hope they do start releasing>games on em soon I agree. My PC is almost 4 years old and when I was getting it DVD was not a novelty - it was a standard. Why they keep releasing games on 4 CDs instead is beyond my comprehension.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

2.2 year old PC, 2 upgrades, I don't have a DVD player, only recently have they been standard in new PCs, you guys are "special" LOLI keep wanting to get one, but the highest speeds I see are 16X/ 48, I have a 56X CDROM and a 48X CDRW, why would I go slower? I have too much tied up in my entertainment center at the moment to watch DVDs on my PC, but I agree, with the amount of data they can hold, would be sweet for games.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Amazon.de's web page says the German version of FS2004 will be shipped on DVD, but I assume that is a mistake, and it's really a DVD case with 4 CDs, just like in the US and UK.VOlker :]

What i understood was all four cd's are in a 4 DVD DVD case :)if that makes any sence :)

I guess I'm really "out of the loop" here, cause I don't know the difference between a DVD case and a CD case. (I don't own any DVDs---no system installed to play DVDs). However, I do have a DVD rom sitting right beside me on the floor that I could install if needed.Guess that shows how many movies I watch! I can't remember the last time I was in a movie theater, (probably about 5 years). And, in over 11 years of marriage, neither my wife or myself have rented a video from a store. We do buy videos occasionally, though. Jeez, maybe I need to "spice" up my life a little, huh? :-)Darrell

I put a Samsung CDplayer/CDburner/DVD player in my box about a year ago for $100. Its great and yes I wish all games would be released on DVD's.Tony

I kind of lucked out on mine. I have two DVD-ROM drives. One of them I can copy DVDs! So when DVD games come out I can make backups of them!