Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbdel767

AirSimmer A320 RELEASED

I read that but it is not clear at all!That is why I am asking...ThanksGhiomOk, I got it better now.Should I understand that in the basic version:- CLB/DES mode do not exist (or is limited, what does it mean?)- there is no pseudo-waypoint- no alt constraint possible??ThanksGhiom

Guest svaf
I read that but it is not clear at all!That is why I am asking...ThanksGhiomOk, I got it better now.Should I understand that in the basic version:- CLB/DES mode do not exist (or is limited, what does it mean?)- there is no pseudo-waypoint- no alt constraint possible??ThanksGhiom
Mabe a good idea to wait and se what others who bought it feel. A little too fuzzy for me :( /Aage

:(

lol was about to post the same link Robin. :( guys you have to understand that you cant expect alot of things to be in the package for that kind of price at least this is from what I can see.Flight Control SystemA320 signature Fly-By-Wire system is fully simulated using real-world control loops and principles. You get the entire simulation, including:Normal, Alternate, Abnormal Attitude, and Direct Laws Mechanical Backup Mode Complete Flight Envelope protection in Normal Law and degraded operation in Alternate Law, including: Load Factor Protection Pitch Attitude Protection Bank Protection Angle-of-Attack Protection High-Speed Protection High- and Low-Speed Stability in Alternate Law Smooth and transparent transition between Laws Proper Flare Law control loop (Pitch Attitude-based) Proper A320 Flight Control System architecture, including simulation of control surface aerodynamics, hydraulic actuators, electric motors, computer priority logic, and so on Degraded Flight Control efficiency when surfaces become unavailable Flap and Slat Control logic, including flap auto-retract and slat Alpha Lock Proper spoiler management, including by-the-book retraction and extension times, delays, and limits, roll priority function, inhibitions and protections When all of that is combined together, you get the Fly-By-Wire simulation that is second to none and feels natural and easy to fly. Flight Guidance (Autoflight)The Flight Guidance System has been developed from scratch to meet all the operational requirements of the A320 autoflight systems. Features include complete simulation of the system, with all Selected and Managed* modes available, autoland capability, Non-Precision Approach Capability,* and proper engagement and disengagement logics. All Flight Guidance Modes are simulated:- HDG/TRK- VS/FPA- NAV- LOC- OP CLB/OP DES- EXP DES/EXP CLB- ALT- CLB/DES*- LAND Modes (LOC-G/S, LAND, FLARE, ROLLOUT)- FINAL APPROACH Modes (NAV-F.DES,FINAL-APP)**- SRS- RWY, RWY TRK, GA TRKAll the control loops have been tuned for smooth yet precise operation. Additional features include:- Mode Reversions- Speed Protection- FD Bars Hide/Flash Advisory- Smooth AP command take-over and manual command restoration Autothrottle System is also fully modeled and supports the following modes:- SPEED/MACH- THR CLB/THR IDLE/THR LVR- A FLOORAlso simulated are the THR LK and TOGA LK functions. *Functionality limited in Basic version.** Available in Advanced Edition onlyFlight Management System (FMS) (Basic) The Flight Management System is based on Smiths-Thales FMS2 Rev2+ standard. Basic Flight Management Functions include:- Flight Plan Construction- SID/STAR/TRANS/FINAL/VIA procedure management- HOLD Patterns (including all entry procedures)- AIRWAY Management- Managed Speed calculations- Associated MCDU pagesTo see the additional FMS features available in the Advanced Edition, please see Flight Management (Advanced) in AdvancedAdditional Fundamental Systems:- TCAS (includes Resolution Advisory generation)- GPWS- Air Conditioning & Pressurization Systems- Fuel System- Ice Protection System- Hydraulics*- Electrics*- ISIS (Standby Instruments)**Some functions inaccessible in AirSimmer A320 Basic Edition. Complete functionality provided in AirSimmer A320 Family Advanced Edition.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Might just be my opinion but this is the most disgraceful move I have ever seen the FS community. PERIOD!We'll release a bugged basic version for you, Charge you $40.Then, Make you wait for the full advanced version then charge you another $90?Why not just sell it in blocks sans Captain Sim.Sorry to say but this move from them just lost them a customer.I know they won't care, why would they? Greed is the driving force behind everything. And there's enough suckers in the FS community to make them all rich anyway.They'll just be short 1.Now excuse me while I put my flame resistant suit on.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Anyone got it yet? I can't get on their website at the moment (22:37 CET)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Might just be my opion but this is the most disgraceful move I have ever seen the FS community. PERIOD!We'll release a bugged basic version for you, Charge you $40.Then, Make you wait for the full advanced version then charge you another $90?Why not just sell it in blocks sans Captain Sim.Sorry to say but this move from them just lost them a customer.I know they won't care, why would they? Greed is the driving force behind everything. And there's enough suckers in the FS community to make them all rich anyway.They'll just be short 1.Now excuse me while I put my flame resistant suit on.
My thoughts exactly. At least with the Captain Sim model it simulated some sort of upgrade pricing. Not providing an upgrade path should prove to be their biggest mistake. I've been watching this project for over 2 years and I am no longer interested.

- Aaron

My thoughts exactly. At least with the Captain Sim model it simulated some sort of upgrade pricing. Not providing an upgrade path should prove to be their biggest mistake. I've been watching this project for over 2 years and I am no longer interested.
What? Why?Just because they released a basic edition? Your not being forced to buy it, if you don't like the idea of this version, just wait for the full one. Not one person has insinuated YOU MUST BUY THIS NOW! or anything like that...

Might just be my opion but this is the most disgraceful move I have ever seen the FS community. PERIOD!We'll release a bugged basic version for you, Charge you $40.Then, Make you wait for the full advanced version then charge you another $90?Why not just sell it in blocks sans Captain Sim.Sorry to say but this move from them just lost them a customer.I know they won't care, why would they? Greed is the driving force behind everything. And there's enough suckers in the FS community to make them all rich anyway.They'll just be short 1.Now excuse me while I put my flame resistant suit on.
I agree totally. Bad business decision and certainly questionable ethically. I don't like it one bit.Tim

I for one think it's a very good idea to release this.First of all, I think many will appreciate a "simplified" edition, as there are many flightsim enthusiasts, who rarely use complicated addons more for their looks but systems. The fact is, the majority is like that. How many people do I see posting screenshots of Overland aircraft and such. No real systems at all. Just remember what PSS had, and how much it costed. Airsimmer delivers much more, at just 40€.IMO, people who respond to this thread are mostly a hard-core enthusiasts who are annoyed that Airsimmer still didn't release full blown advanced version.I do, however, think it is a bad business decision not to offer an upgrade from basic to advanced, once you bought basic.

I do, however, think it is a bad business decision not to offer an upgrade from basic to advanced, once you bought basic.
And that is my real problem with it.Tim

And that is my real problem with it.Tim
Yes, I agree. I can understand them releasing a basic version a) for people who don't really need the full version and b to get some much needed cash into their company. But not allowing an option to upgrade for the balance of the cost just seems like a silly decision to me. I would've purchased the basic model and, maybe later, the advanced upgrade, so they would've got some of my cash now with a high probability of the balance later. But as it stands, I'm not prepared to buy the basic so, obviously, they don't get any much needed cash from me just now. Weird, just weird. You wouldn't get any of this nonsense from PMDG.Any bets they change their upgrade policy in the next few days?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I do, however, think it is a bad business decision not to offer an upgrade from basic to advanced, once you bought basic.
As I do to. And I am one of the hard core simmers that are (were) waiting for the release.And i'm aware that no one is forcing anyone to buy it. BUT...... My problem with it is that they know people will buy it. Bugs and all. That to me is a dirty business practise.
Although it was always our intention to release a completely bug free product, the realities of the current economic crisis effecting all of us to some measure, have forced us to reconsider and to release the Basic edition before each and every bug has been fixed.
Sorry if you guys are in economic crisis but what makes you think that anyone can afford to purchase the same product twice?

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Any bets they change their upgrade policy in the next few days?
I'm almost sure they will. I have no doubts 99% of people are angry with the current policy.That, IMHO, has ealready made them earn a bad reputation. A sad beginning for a new company.And maybe a lost point in the whole game.Not a cent from me, either.

What's really weird is that you don't see anyone talking about the aircraft at all. Usually with a new release someone will post that they've taken it for a spin and give their pros and cons. I haven't seen any of that.

NAX669.png