Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbdel767

AirSimmer A320 RELEASED

Guest SF22
There's the Wilco Feel There product. While I agree the model itself is substandard, the systems seem quite good. when you replace the exterior model with the Project Airbus model (in FSX) it makes for a nice package. It's a shame PA folded up. They have a very realistic and detailed external model going for them.
AS is better!

as for the whiners,take up knitting or something,flightsimming isn't for you,and neither is this forum,imho.cheersJP.
Wow. I thought everyone was allowed to at least voice an opinion.Sorry if we don't follow everyone around like lemmings, and just post nice little comments that will appease the masses.We may just prefer to voice an opinion about something we feel strongly about.But thanks for letting me know simming isn't for me. Guess the 4000+ hours I've put in so far has been a waste.IMHO it's a crap move. try to convince me that not one single person who dishes out the money for the Airbug, will dish out another $90 for the advanced.People have been waiting a long time for this product and they know it.If they at least come out with a proper upgrade scale perhaps it may ease the blow, but only time will tell.I could really care less, I was in it for the advanced version from the very start, But this move has alot of people up in arms.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest SF22

I believe that AS had to make a basic version due to the fact that many people aren't ready to pay 90 bucks for an addon. Another Airbus however forced them to speed up the development of the basic version. AS still created an Airbus better than anything else on the market.

I believe that AS had to make a basic version due to the fact that many people aren't ready to pay 90 bucks for an addon. Another Airbus however forced them to speed up the development of the basic version. AS still created an Airbus better than anything else on the market.
Don't forget that there's still no performance data and no FMGC predictions. IMO the Aerosoft Bus is still very far away from release

Hi Simmers,I think I need help. Well I've just purchased the AirSimmer and I think I'm already starting to have problems, as when I try to switch on both Batteries,nothing happens :SAlso the version I have on the Tablet PC is V1.0.0 installed ( can you guys confirm that this is the what you also have?) As i'm starting to think that I have an out dated version.Also have you managed to find the tutorial flight from (Toulouse to Nice ) in the Fs9 flights menu? as indicated from the Air Simmer Manual?Many ThanksBus320

I enjoyed the video :). curious if I may ask. What's your editing setup?
I'm using a Core i7 920 overclocked to 3.8GHz, 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator RAM at 1600MHz, Vista 64 Ultimate and a Nvidia 8800GTX all plopped onto a EVGA X58 SLI board. :D

- Cody Bergland

(Owner, Jaggyroad Films)

Our YouTube Channel (featuring over 100 OFFICIAL product videos):

https://www.youtube.com/user/valkyrie321 <- CLICK HERE

JaggyroadSig.jpg

There's a poll on the Airsimmer site where 81% of people have voted to wait till the advanced version arrives..I would expect by this time next week, there will be an upgrade path as I'm sure the guys at Airsimmer will want to turn that sort of percentage into sales.Zoya has already said she may offer an upgrade path, after looking at those percentages I'm sure she willCheersSteve

Zoya has already said she may offer an upgrade path, after looking at those percentages I'm sure she willCheersSteve
And if I had that possibility I'd buy the basic today. Anyone else?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest SF22
There's a poll on the Airsimmer site where 81% of people have voted to wait till the advanced version arrives..I would expect by this time next week, there will be an upgrade path as I'm sure the guys at Airsimmer will want to turn that sort of percentage into sales.Zoya has already said she may offer an upgrade path, after looking at those percentages I'm sure she willCheersSteve
You have to remember that most users don't read the forum. It's mainly the hard core enthusiasts and as this release was aimed for the "simple" pilot the polls don't show the right number.

Don't forget that there's still no performance data and no FMGC predictions. IMO the Aerosoft Bus is still very far away from release
I think you are right there. This Basic version is clearly released to try and take advantage of pre-Christmas sales. This indicates to me that we will not see the advanced version until next year at the earliest. I will wait and see...

Graeme Butler

I see that if you purchase the basic version...for $40, if you want to upgrade later to the advanced version for $90, you don't get a discount. Looks like I'm going to keep waiting.
IMHO that's a really silly decision by AirSimmer. Surely basic users should be able to upgrade for the price difference of $50. After all they are doing AirSimmer a favor by buying the Basic version in the first place.

Matthew S

PMDG's J41 suffered from its FMS Going black, that's surely somewhat of a standout bug ain' it?
Gotta stop you here Ryan - that isn't a "bug", it's a fonts issue caused by people who have a particular service disabled in Vista/Win7 per certain so called "tweaking" guides. All that was and is needed to rectify it is copying a single font file from the FSX/Fonts folder to the Windows fonts folder manually. If the service is disabled, the copy fails during the install. If it's enabled as it should be then the copy works just fine. There's nothing at all wrong with the FMS as far as this is concerned.Do we have bugs? Certainly, but I do believe they are/were extremely minor and affected a very small percentage of our users. The MD-11 in particular was called one of the smoothest and most bug free releases in FS history by numerous reviewers and users alike - that airplane was released feature complete and 99.9% bug free.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest nordicskies

the thing that is really sad here, is that Airsimmer's poor PR and business comms skills/experience here has taken all focus and attantion away from what the released product is actually like.so much talk of bugs, but what are the bugs ? from what i am seeing, Airsimer have released a 'basic' version but actually it is not basic at all - it has many real A320 systems provided, full fly-by-wire, CLB/DES ('speed by pitch' modes). Usually, the measure of a 'basic' or 'lite' release is that the planes will be based wholly on standard default FSX autopilots and systems. so you only have vertical speed for climbing, etc.This is far from that, which is good, BUT ....... Airsimer have got their marketing strategy SO WRONG here !!! :( you are undervaluing the released product by branding it as 'basic', when what you really mean is that it is the 'advanced' version with some remaining bugs, and some very advanced systems and simulations that you haven't yet completed.i am sorry if i am making this personal but if anyone else from airsimmer is reading this, you need to get someone other than Ryan here, doing the PR ....... like, quickly! i think he is doing some real damage to the reputation and credibility of airsimmer, and unpicking the 2 (or is it 3) years of work so far.you need the fs community behind you, if you want to make this really BIG ..... PMDG and Level D prove that. few can say a bad word about them. that is because of 2 things; 1). they invest in making truly awesome products, that exceed expectations, and 2). they have professional marketing and PR approaches.Airsimer, your lack of offering an upgrade path from this 'basic' version to the 'advanced' is just a poor decision. period. No-one wants to feel they're being exploited and you can see here that for every person accepting your lack of upgrade policy, there are 10 who are unhappy and cannot see the logic in your decision.what i really want to know is whether i need to be re-installing fs9 ?!? ..... as i uninstalled in 2.5 years ago for fsx, that is not something i ever planned doing, but ........ i love the A320 series and my needs are currently being met in fsx, but the feelthere Airbus Series 1, and whilst that add-on is 'okay' and not as bad as some people say, i want to know if I will get a better A320 experience in fs9 with this airsimmer A320 'basic'.i'm not bothered about failures, etc, I just want all the key FMGC / MCDU features to be there, I want a realistic CLB mode, when I pull throttles back to the CLB detent (climbing by reference to IAS, not VS like a default FSX plane).would love to see more screen shots and more importantly, some words from people on what this release is like to fly.but my final note ....... airsimer, BIG damage is being done here, ego is coming through, not objective business communication. Comments like "[upgrade discount]...that's just not how it's going to be", and "those wanting advanced without bugs, just wait" are doing real damage and it is no wonder people are comparing you to captain sim!. suggest you get the 'No 1' at airsimmer on this thread, with a sensible response that wins back customer credibility ..... otherwise airsimmer will go to the big fs grave in the sky, lying alongside 'Airliner XP' ! ! ! :( greets from norway, as always apologies for any bad english, as its my second language! Magne.

Guest nordicskies
Shush Sluggy, they are on a feeding frenzy right now... :( A newcomer to the flight simulation community would be fully justified in walking away and never coming back.The "community'" has no shame at times like these. They are not interested in flight, simulated or otherwise.Expressions like these have become so commonplace that folks consider this to be "normal behaviour".New observers would have the impression that someone is holding a weapon to their heads FORCING them to purchase the product. :(
i see your other posts on other thread. your very transparent and agenda driven driven if i may say :( . you try to silence those criticizing your products. but this is a forum for fs community, not your marketing. if you use this place for blatant marketing, you must expect some reflex to that and not be so sensitive when people have hard but fair words back to you. i bought your latest release and i was disappointed like the others were. Developers want sympathy when it suits but you also must take responsibility when you release products that do nt meet expectations. B) .apologies for any poor english!

Guest AVN8tr

I have this product... I'm VERY disappointed in it. Do not waste your time or money. I can't believe Flight1 would actually allow this product to be released in the manner it was. Forget the BS about no upgrades... you wouldn't want to anyway. The only thing that barely works on this thing is the graphics.