Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbdel767

AirSimmer A320 RELEASED

What's really weird is that you don't see anyone talking about the aircraft at all. Usually with a new release someone will post that they've taken it for a spin and give their pros and cons. I haven't seen any of that.
I've seen one or two comments from someone in the UK and he likes it. But, overall, I agree with you. A little strange. Maybe it's tricky to learn?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I've seen one or two comments from someone in the UK and he likes it. But, overall, I agree with you. A little strange. Maybe it's tricky to learn?
Looks obvious no one has bought it yet... The only people who know something about this bird is the beta team. If the real product was released today many of us would be talking about it and posting screenshots. Most aren't going to run out and buy a toned down version of of a more complete product (especially without any upgrade option)...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest ted320

It appears to be a stable release and most functions are modeled, I've not had chance to test the FMGC in depth however I took it for a quick flight and it flew well. Frames are good. The VC is very impressive at night, better than I expected although some parts of it (such as the switches on the pedestal) could do with some finishing off.There appear to be a few bugs with the sounds, when the engine starts there is a gap inbetween the start up sequence and the engine running. Also when ever you toggle between full screen mode and desktop, the air conditioning sound stops and won't start playing again.

I have to agree with everyone here about there not being in upgrade to the advance version, it just doesn't make logical sense to me I hope they change there mind soon about that policy. thanks for posting the screen shots ted320 the vc looks very good.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

What? Why?Just because they released a basic edition? Your not being forced to buy it, if you don't like the idea of this version, just wait for the full one. Not one person has insinuated YOU MUST BUY THIS NOW! or anything like that...
No, that has nothing to do with it. My problem is with not even offering an upgrade price for when the advanced version is released.

- Aaron

Guys,The two products are aimed at two different markets, the defining factor is which market YOU fit in to.There are plenty of people who want nothing more than a basic A320, that looks great, flies nicely, and does all the basics, Plus a little of the Neat toys.This is what the basic product is geared at.There will be a day and time, when the Advanced version is released. It is meant to cater to the "Hardcore". who want it all in regards to the A320's flight deck and systems.It's not with the goal to be sleezy, or to rip you guys off. Infact Flight1 and Airsimmer offer a 30 day refund, people who bought the Basic version "Right off the bat" and realised they want the Advanced version, will be refunded and they can purchase the advanced version later.it's ultimately defining of what You want, so choose what you want. and have no regrets about your purchase. If you regret it, Flight1 will gladly help you.Regards,Ryan BriggsAirsimmer Moderation Team.

My problem with it is that they know people will buy it. Bugs and all. That to me is a dirty business practise.Sorry if you guys are in economic crisis but what makes you think that anyone can afford to purchase the same product twice?
Like in other walks of life, in simming they know that there is a sucker born every minute

David Porrett

The two products are aimed at two different markets, the defining factor is which market YOU fit in to.
Was it previously ever announced this way? I don't recall ever seeing it, but honestly do not know.Either way I am glad that I am fully over to FSX and can watch this drama waiting to see what happens.Seems to me that the "No compromise" slogan has gone the way of "The airbus I am waiting for", as I find the whole thing pretty ugly. Seems that the "extended team" was not aware of this, and they have the still a long ways to go advance version and can not fly the "basic version" without buying it. :( :( :( Very poor business, even poorer communication, in my opinion . . .Joe

Joe Lorenc

Guys,The two products are aimed at two different markets, the defining factor is which market YOU fit in to.There are plenty of people who want nothing more than a basic A320, that looks great, flies nicely, and does all the basics, Plus a little of the Neat toys.This is what the basic product is geared at.There will be a day and time, when the Advanced version is released. It is meant to cater to the "Hardcore". who want it all in regards to the A320's flight deck and systems.It's not with the goal to be sleezy, or to rip you guys off. Infact Flight1 and Airsimmer offer a 30 day refund, people who bought the Basic version "Right off the bat" and realised they want the Advanced version, will be refunded and they can purchase the advanced version later.it's ultimately defining of what You want, so choose what you want. and have no regrets about your purchase. If you regret it, Flight1 will gladly help you.Regards,Ryan BriggsAirsimmer Moderation Team.
Ryan this is not rocket science, standard practice is you offer an upgrade price for the final product (this is an unfinished model aimed at getting revenue during the holiday season). Go look at how the competition does it in this community. Even if your logic was within reason your pulling a Captainsim moment here. Because Captainsim didn't have the whole model done first they expanded their profit by charging for blocks of the product instead of waiting and releasing the whole thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but Aerosimmer never stated until today they were releasing a dumbed down version first then a more realistic version later. It was always stated a complete product was going to hit the streets then the FSX version then little things like weather radar would be added later. You'd have a more valid case if an A320 'lite' version was always proposed but it wasn't. Now if we go on your tangent as to the target market, why not release the hardcore version first as that's what people have been waiting for for the last 2+ years? If it turns out a 'lite' product is needed and/or wanted dumb down the hardcore model and sell it. There's a problem with this and that is the dang product isn't finished in the first place so like Captainsim you want to sell us a crappy bag of excuses as if insparation has suddenly changed and you care so much about the CLS 'lite' simmer crowd. NEWS FLASH we have more than enough 'lite' Airbuses around to last us 5 more years when we're all solidly on FSX along with X-Plane 11 and Windows 9, today we don't need another one (we need a solid realistic Airbus for a change and you guys know that)... Be honest and hold this product until it's finished and if you want to go this route your in a better position than Captainsim (sell this toned downed version until the product is finished and then offer a discount to customers who wish to upgrade when the 'REAL' product hits the streets).This crap about people wanting nothing but a basic A320 is hogwash and insulting to all of our intelligence to say the least. Everyone wanted for once a realistic Airbus which for some reason no developer has been able to produce in the history of the FS franchise.... This is so over the top that I honestly believe the Aerosimmer website wasn't updated before this rush release became official. By tomorrow we'll see a tag stating a discount will be offered for those who bought the 'lite' version when the 'Final' version is released...

FS2020 

Guys,The two products are aimed at two different markets, the defining factor is which market YOU fit in to.
Ryan, you're missing the point. I don't think anyone's really upset at you releasing a 'basic' version. What people are upset about is your lack of upgrade pricing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Aerosimmer never stated until today they were releasing a dumbed down version first then a more realistic version later.
To answer your question, while it's gone today. The initial product page that has been up for years, Stated the A320 would come in three levels of complexityBasic, Intermediate, and Advanced.This is actually materializing (Albeit a little differently), the fact that it has materialized the way it is, is just how it is. I can't change it 'nor can you.Remember, Flight 1 offers the 30 day money back garantee, you won't get that anywhere else. If you buy "Out of mistake" you can get a refund, Easy stuff.This is not a goal to "Rip off" Customers, You yourself have to define which customer you are. Which product you want.A company sells a thousand dollar bottle of perfume, and a 100 dollar bottle of perfumeIf you go and use half the 100 dollar bottle, should you get a refund for that 100 dollars and credited towards your next purchase of the thousand dollar bottle?food for thought.I gauruntee you there's not an A320 that's as pretty, or for the systems modeled; that is as well modeled as the A320. It can as such define itself as the best of that segment in market.If you don't want the basic version, just wait. The advanced version will come sooner or later, and there's no relation to the "Block" system about it. You pay for exactly what you get, clearly advertised. No upgrade option for the "Advanced" version is available.quite frankly, no the ET does not have the Basic version, it's a separate product.Protzler,I'd probably agree to say an upgrade version for the remainder price difference would be nice, but this isn't how it's being done. If you want the advanced version just wait for it. If you're looking for something more basic but has the "Airsimmer beauty" (The airplane truely is beautiful) about it, then here's your airplane.Being an ET Member ment taking a giant leap of faith. I'd say it was a good leap, I've enjoyed my E.T. experience. those waiting for the advanced will enjoy it. Those who want the basic will enjoy it too!. Just depends on which A320 you want. there's only two, and it's not divided up in an insane way. (I.E. you have to pay for the sounds, or something on the lines of oddball to pay for)Regards,Ryan Briggs

Might just be my opinion but this is the most disgraceful move I have ever seen the FS community. PERIOD!We'll release a bugged basic version for you, Charge you $40.Then, Make you wait for the full advanced version then charge you another $90?Why not just sell it in blocks sans Captain Sim.Sorry to say but this move from them just lost them a customer.I know they won't care, why would they? Greed is the driving force behind everything. And there's enough suckers in the FS community to make them all rich anyway.They'll just be short 1.Now excuse me while I put my flame resistant suit on.
Yes, I agree. I can understand them releasing a basic version a) for people who don't really need the full version and b to get some much needed cash into their company. But not allowing an option to upgrade for the balance of the cost just seems like a silly decision to me. I would've purchased the basic model and, maybe later, the advanced upgrade, so they would've got some of my cash now with a high probability of the balance later. But as it stands, I'm not prepared to buy the basic so, obviously, they don't get any much needed cash from me just now. Weird, just weird. You wouldn't get any of this nonsense from PMDG.Any bets they change their upgrade policy in the next few days?
Hand me another suit, mates. I'm completely with you. I won't support a company with this marketing behaviour.Sorry Ryan, you guys seem to think that the whole FS-community consists of stupid morons.Now let me tell you what I think: I think you wanted to revolutionize Airbus-Simulation on FS9 and FSX. And you are and were on a good way. Unfortunately you ran out of money and thought what to do now. You realized that there are always people in the FS community that buy everything in an unreflective way as soon as it is available. So why not making them pay the further development of the Airsimmer A320, right? And instead of behaving like a civilized company you denied those people's requests for a fair priced upgrade option, following the idea: "Buy it once, realize you want some more system simulation and then - you little customer moron- pay again the full price. The result of this behaviour is that people like me will never buy one of your products because they won't accept and support your weird marketing behaviour. And just by the way: 99% of the FS community expected you to bring out an airplane with a PMDG-like system depth. So what did you today: You made a large part of the FS community angry and not wanting to suppot you any longer. If the economical crisis hasn't struck you to the extent I'm sure it will in the next weeks if you don't think over your ethically innaceptable pricing policy.This is not to insult or attack you personally, It is just they way I feel right now about Airsimmer what I considered to be a promising option until today.Here in Germany there is a saying that I want to try to translate to English: Never cut the branch you are sitting on.And another one fitting the case: Never bite the hand that is feeding you!RegardsChris

I'm ok with it. They're releasing a basic version first, so what? They're also being upfront to those interested in the advanced model to stay away from it (e.g., lack of upgrade pricing). All this really means is -- I'll continue to wait, which I'm sure I would have been doing for the foreseable future even if they had not released the basic version.

To answer your question, while it's gone today. The initial product page that has been up for years, Stated the A320 would come in three levels of complexityBasic, Intermediate, and Advanced.This is actually materializing (Albeit a little differently), the fact that it has materialized the way it is, is just how it is. I can't change it 'nor can you.
Work with me here Ryan, why is the Basic version offered and nothing else? If you released all versions at the same time we could take our pick. Why aren't you guys releasing all the versions now? It's because their not finished right Ryan so money needs to get generated before the holiday season? Another thing that's kind of interesting is we're in November already which is scary as the Intermediate and Advanced versions may not see the light of day until next year hence the rush to get something out now. It's a little disingenuous to Flight1 to ask all of us to return our Basic versions once the other versions become available. I don't think Flight1 would appreciated that kind of backlash. It's far easier for all involved if you just do what other developers have done and offer an upgrade discount. Your comment about we can't change things I beg to differ, people not buying makes all the difference to any business...

FS2020