Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbdel767

AirSimmer A320 RELEASED

From Airsimmer forum,Hi,QuoteRobin, don't get me wrong. I think (based on what I've seen in this forum) that you guys have the makings of a fantastic product.Thank you. We are disappointed we had to release it now, but it isn't as bad as is being made out. I know you are going to scream bias on that last statement...QuoteI just think you've rushed it out a bit too soon and not really managed the release properly.Noted.QuoteI mean, look at the confusion over whether customers who purchased the Basic Edition could upgrade for a relatively small fee. I do think it's a bit of a blunder still, not having the option to upgrade. It would certainly give you guys the opportunity to make more sales earlier until the Advanced version is released. I think my proposed ammendment to the pricing should be very seriously considered.Noted.Best regards,Robin. QuoteI can understand you wanting a simplified version, but you should at least include a fully-functioning FMC or not include one at all. Without the proper functions, we may as well stick with the default aircraft or even (dare I say it) the Wilco version.* CHOKES * Riiiiight. What is so lacking with complete SID/STAR functionality, HOLD functionalty, DIR TO, etc..?Just looking in the FCOM here, it is clear there is a ton of calculations required to produce the pages. This is why it is not in Basic at $40. It also ties into other advanced systems, such as the ADIRUs for nav accuracy for example.Fuel predictions require performance. Performance is a complex subject. Performance calcs are not in Basic, so we can't offer fuel predictions. This is also an advanced topic in its own right, and out of the scope of the target audience for Basic.Best regards,Robin. This could be why some people have issues.

Shush Sluggy, they are on a feeding frenzy right now... :( A newcomer to the flight simulation community would be fully justified in walking away and never coming back.The "community'" has no shame at times like these. They are not interested in flight, simulated or otherwise.Expressions like these have become so commonplace that folks consider this to be "normal behaviour".New observers would have the impression that someone is holding a weapon to their heads FORCING them to purchase the product. :(
Hey Ron, I am interested in flight, so please, don't be ashemed, whatever in your plate, just send it over. Heck I'll even pay for the very same thing over and over, just don't forget to change the price tag.

Shush Sluggy, they are on a feeding frenzy right now... :( A newcomer to the flight simulation community would be fully justified in walking away and never coming back.The "community'" has no shame at times like these. They are not interested in flight, simulated or otherwise.Expressions like these have become so commonplace that folks consider this to be "normal behaviour".New observers would have the impression that someone is holding a weapon to their heads FORCING them to purchase the product. :(
Yes, I am ashamed. I am ashamed for not falling into the dust and kissing the feet of companies that are trying to rip off potential customers with half-baked-products and an unfriendly pricing policy because of economical problems. No matter how great the product is, that they're developing right now. RegardsChris

Guys,The two products are aimed at two different markets, the defining factor is which market YOU fit in to.There are plenty of people who want nothing more than a basic A320, that looks great, flies nicely, and does all the basics, Plus a little of the Neat toys.This is what the basic product is geared at.There will be a day and time, when the Advanced version is released. It is meant to cater to the "Hardcore". who want it all in regards to the A320's flight deck and systems.It's not with the goal to be sleezy, or to rip you guys off. Infact Flight1 and Airsimmer offer a 30 day refund, people who bought the Basic version "Right off the bat" and realised they want the Advanced version, will be refunded and they can purchase the advanced version later.it's ultimately defining of what You want, so choose what you want. and have no regrets about your purchase. If you regret it, Flight1 will gladly help you.Regards,Ryan BriggsAirsimmer Moderation Team.
Thanks for that Ryan!!

Bloody hell, look at yourselves people! You're having a whinge because Airsimmer released a lite version of their product. SO DON'T BUY IT! Wait for the advanced model and get that. Hell, if Airsimmer let anyone know that the lite version was done but they're waiting for the advanced version to be finished before they released the lite version people would be whinging that they had to wait.*******, why would anyone want to develop for FS these days after reading some of these comments is beyond me. 'PMDG don't have any bugs.' Every PMDG product I own (and I've got them all) has had at least one patch. Airliner-XP destroyed Dreamfleet. At least Airsimmer are still progressing with their A320.Have a bit of respect and manners to the developers, and they'll have a bit of respect and manners to the community. And no, I'm not an Airsimmer a really excited user, I'm not even a member on their forums. Cheers, SLuggy
Right on Sluggy!! There's a few nitpickers around here ain't there??

This quote from Airsimmers website:"Although it was always our intention to release a completely bug free product, the realities of the current economic crisis effecting all of us to some measure, have forced us to reconsider and to release the Basic edition before each and every bug has been fixed. Although we are proud of what the team has accomplished thus far, we want to categorically state that, even though none of the remaining bugs are critical to product performance, we are by no means satisfied with the state of the product. We are absolutely aware of every bug currently unfixed in the Basic edition and commit to you that our team will not rest until they are dealt with through frequent updates via the AirSimmer Tablet PC. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we proceed to fix these remaining imperfections."I've been a member of the flightsimming community and avsim for a long time now, and in my professional live I've been in charge of marketing and PR for way too long, but this statement has got to be the worst reasoning about releasing any product or service that is not up to par with a company's standards. Nothing else to say, can't stop shaking my head in disbelief.....What a shame, I really wanted to purchase from this company, basic or advanced doesn't matter, but after a statement like?!Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Gentlemen, no need for the pitchforks and torches.http://www.airsimmer.com/support/index.php...ost&p=50318Furthermore, I dare any one of you to find a better Airbus than the Basic version right now. Now, go and be merry... or at least take a walk and cool down and WAIT if you want the advanced version.

- Cody Bergland

(Owner, Jaggyroad Films)

Our YouTube Channel (featuring over 100 OFFICIAL product videos):

https://www.youtube.com/user/valkyrie321 <- CLICK HERE

JaggyroadSig.jpg

I'll give it a try, as Flight1 gives a 30 day money back guarantee. If I don't like it I'll just get a full refund. Easy.

Gentlemen, no need for the pitchforks and torches.http://www.airsimmer.com/support/index.php...ost&p=50318Furthermore, I dare any one of you to find a better Airbus than the Basic version right now. Now, go and be merry... or at least take a walk and cool down and WAIT if you want the advanced version.
I enjoyed the video :). curious if I may ask. What's your editing setup?

I'll give it a try, as Flight1 gives a 30 day money back guarantee. If I don't like it I'll just get a full refund. Easy.
Well, be prepared to pay another $90 if you want to get the advanced edition stuff, which is actually what has been promied in the very beginning. Or, hold on to your money, and buy the advanced edition (provided there'll be one) when it comes out and save $40, which is the very same thing that was promised in the very beginning of the project.

well,good for them they've got the basic one out the door,let's hope the advanced version won't be too long then.after a couple of years it'd be about time,considering the expenses they'll have made.as for the whiners,take up knitting or something,flightsimming isn't for you,and neither is this forum,imho.cheersJP.

This is exciting news to know the AirSimmer A320 has been released. I will however wait for the FSX version and also wait for bugs to be resolved. I almost never buy on the first day and I will most likely not compromise my desires for complex simulated systems and go for the Advanced package.Thank you AirSimmers!

Keith Guillory

Pete great post,I looked forward to this release, but the pay to play Beta raised a flag.Their own team is not happy with releasing it, plenty of quotes in this tread from Robin and Airsimmer Staff prove this. Two plus years of hype and being told of LVD and PMDG quality, you need to expect backlash when you release a unfinished product for economic gains. Some of this might be whining or buyer beware.

Well, be prepared to pay another $90 if you want to get the advanced edition stuff, which is actually what has been promied in the very beginning. Or, hold on to your money, and buy the advanced edition (provided there'll be one) when it comes out and save $40, which is the very same thing that was promised in the very beginning of the project.
I agree, but the problem is that I think the advanced version won't be released till March-June 2010, and the bug-o-meter is actually going backwards.I'll probably just return it anyway, and treat it as a 'timed demo'

There's the Wilco Feel There product. While I agree the model itself is substandard, the systems seem quite good. when you replace the exterior model with the Project Airbus model (in FSX) it makes for a nice package. It's a shame PA folded up. They have a very realistic and detailed external model going for them.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d