Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

AirSimmer doubts that there will be upgrade!

Link fixed.Long day.Best regards,Robin.
It's still not working for me Robin, however I just ran into another post of yours at the airsimmer forum, if you permit me to copy&paste:Posted Today, 05:45 PMHi,There will not be an upgrade from Basic to Advanced.Best regards,Robin.AirSimmer Head of Quality Control - Beta Team Leadhttp://www.airsimmer.com/support/index.php...amp;#entry51672Just to clarify, is this is the current, and the final word on the upgrade?

I already posted this on the other thread... but because this one talks spefically about the upgrade... ill post this again here.-----------------------------------K guys i made a price comparasion.Difficult to compare as these are different models of planes...and different chalenges in development... but.. here u go.One thing i can see very clearly is that the Basic Version is at half the price the Wilco Vol 1 and that buying both versions will be at the same 100+ as other complex airplane developers.Feel free to take your own conclusions. All prices are in USD.Airsimmer-> Airbus Basic => 39.95-> Airbus Advanced (FS9/FSX) => 89.95-> Airbus Basic+Advanced (FS9/FSX) => 129.9PMDG-> MD-11 FSX/FS2004 Combo => 119.99-> B747-400/F (FS9/FSX) => 139.89-> B737/6-7-8-9 => 79.9CaptainSim-> B767/F/200 FSX => 89.68-> B757/F/300 FSX => 104.60-> C-130 FSX => 119.57-> B727 FSX => 74.72Wilco/Feelthere-> B737 => 74.75-> Airbus Vol1 => 74.75-> Airbus Vol2 => 55.25Ariane Design-> B737-900 ER X2 Advanced => 117.12LeonardoSH-> FlyTheMaddog Pro => 74.75LEVELD-> B767 => 54.95

K guys i made a price comparasion.Difficult to compare as these are different models of planes...and different chalenges in development... but.. here u go.One thing i can see very clearly is that the Basic Version is at half the price the Wilco Vol 1 and that buying both versions will be at the same 100+ as other complex airplane developers.Feel free to take your own conclusions. All prices are in USD.Airsimmer-> Airbus Basic => 39.95-> Airbus Advanced => 89.95PMDG-> MD-11 FSX/FS2004 Combo => 119.99-> B747-400/F (FS9/FSX) => 84.94-> B737/6-7-8-9 => 79.9
This is really how it is:Airsimmer-> Airbus Basic => 39.95-> Airbus Advanced => 89.95PMDG-> MD-11 (FSX) => 79.99-> B747-400/F (FSX) => 29.99 The Advanced version will be more than the MD-11, and three times what the boxed 747 is.Alternately for dual platforms it could be:Airsimmer-> Airbus Advanced => 89.95 + ??? (??? = who knows...)PMDG-> MD-11 FSX/FS2004 Combo => 119.99-> B747-400/F (FS9/FSX) => 84.94

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

This is also wrong.If you are going to use dual platforms, you had better add an estimated cost of a FSX version of the airsimmer plane to that 130 (or 90) dollars. This is really how it is:Airsimmer-> Airbus Basic => 39.95-> Airbus Advanced => 89.95PMDG-> MD-11 (FSX) => 79.99-> B747-400/F (FSX) => 29.99 The Advanced version will be more than the MD-11, and three times what the boxed 747 is.Alternately for dual platforms it could be:Airsimmer-> Airbus Advanced => 89.95 + ??? (??? = at least 50 usd or more I'm sure)PMDG-> MD-11 FSX/FS2004 Combo => 119.99-> B747-400/F (FS9/FSX) => 84.94
No... its not wrong.. from all i know and this has been said several times in the Airsimmer Forum the Advanced Version gives u FSX version for free.Also the cost of B747-400/F for both platforms is not 84.94 but actually 139.89 USD and FSX version alone costs 54.99 and not 29.99.I also modified my original post to prevent any other misleadings.Cheers

No... its not wrong.. from all i know and this has been said several times in the Airsimmer Forum the Advanced Version gives u FSX version for free.Also the cost of B747-400/F for both platforms is not 84.94 but actually 139.89 USD and FSX version alone costs 54.99 and not 29.99.
Fair enough on the first point. However we'll see if that is true when the time comes.As for the second point, have you ever heard of "Best Buy" before? They most definitely have the 747X for $29.99. :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

You miss the point, LLPT_man. If you buy the Basic Edition ($39.95) plus the Advanced Edition ($89.95), you haven't got anything extra. It's still precisely the same product, only one has more functionality than the other. It's not like purchasing a B767-200 and then buying the B767-300 upgrade from the same developer. All you've done is waste $39.95 in cash. You could have purchased only the Advanced Edition for $89.95 instead of paying $129.95 for what is exactly the same product in the end (if you didn't buy the Basic Edition first). It simply doesn't make sense economically!!! Why waste the money???

Fair enough on the first point. However we'll see if that is true when the time comes.As for the second point, have you ever heard of "Best Buy" before? They most definitely have the 747X for $29.99. :(
Actually i did. Saw some posts about it in the PMDG forum! :)But the cost to ship to Europe wouldnt be 29.99 at all... and i dont even see an option to ship worldwide.Aerosoft sells the box version at 89.71 USD ...so no point in using other references other than PMDG site...

But the cost to ship to Europe wouldnt be 29.99 at all... and i dont even see an option to ship worldwide.
That's your loss then... :(Demand that best buys get built where you live! :(

spacer.png

You miss the point, LLPT_man. If you buy the Basic Edition ($39.95) plus the Advanced Edition ($89.95), you haven't got anything extra. It's still precisely the same product, only one has more functionality than the other. It's not like purchasing a B767-200 and then buying the B767-300 upgrade from the same developer. All you've done is waste $39.95 in cash. You could have purchased only the Advanced Edition for $89.95 instead of paying $129.95 for what is exactly the same product in the end (if you didn't buy the Basic Edition first). It simply doesn't make sense economically!!! Why waste the money???
The point is...You get a less functional plane equal to the Advanced one but u get it NOW! Yes... u spend 129.9 instead of 89.95...but u got to flight it... it resumes to that.In the end uve spend an amount in the same level of other great top level addons for a plane which the direct competitor model is the PSS or Wilco.

It's just not worth it if what you REALLY want is the Advanced Edition. I could buy the Basic Edition, but I'd end up having to uninstall it and get a refund for it within 30 days because if I buy anything to keep, it'll be the Advanced Edition. Had they offered an upgrade option where I could buy the Basic Edition for $39.95 and then purchase the Advanced Edition upon release for $50.00 (that's the difference between $89.95 and $39.95) I would gladly cough up the cash right now. But they are refusing, so there's no way in hell I'm paying $129.90 (that's the price of the Basic plus Advanced Editions together) when I could pay just $89.95 instead!!! I'd love an Airbus - it's time one was done for MSFS - but only at a reasonable expense.Paying $129.90 when you could pay just $89.95 is sheer lunacy. :(

In the end uve spend an amount in the same level of other great top level addons for a plane which the direct competitor model is the PSS or Wilco.
Now to be fair...The PMDG MD-11's only competitor is the Overland, and there was/is no competition for the 747-400. I don't know about you, but I pay for quality.

It amazes me the price tag that developers are putting on their products right now. They keep on climbing, and with the US economy in the toilet, it's gonna be tough for many simmers to drop all that money on an addon.I'm not trying to bring down what they did at all...I remember when the payware addon market was 35-55 USD at most not even 5 years ago.Trust me, I understand the amount of work that goes into these products... but when is enough, enough?I believe it's only fair if AirSimmer offered an upgrade for those of you that purchased the basic version. They should have something where they offer the customers that purchased the basic edition a 30 dollar upgrade to the full thing, but only for those that purchased the basic first. Slashing 20 off is fair considering that they would already have the base product installed and are just missing a few perks, bug fixes and FS multiplatform compatibility.Either way, I think the full version will be on helluva product... but it looks like they jumped the gun on the basic, especially with no upgrade.Just my 2 cents.Emil

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

It's just not worth it if what you REALLY want is the Advanced Edition. I could buy the Basic Edition, but I'd end up having to uninstall it and get a refund for it within 30 days because if I buy anything to keep, it'll be the Advanced Edition. Had they offered an upgrade option where I could buy the Basic Edition for $39.95 and then purchase the Advanced Edition upon release for $50.00 (that's the difference between $89.95 and $39.95) I would gladly cough up the cash right now. But they are refusing, so there's no way in hell I'm paying $129.90 (that's the price of the Basic plus Advanced Editions together) when I could pay just $89.95 instead!!! I'd love an Airbus - it's time one was done for MSFS - but only at a reasonable expense.Paying $129.90 when you could pay just $89.95 is sheer lunacy. :(
Well.. just imagine the PMDG customers that bought the Boxed Version for 89.71 at Aerosoft 3 months ago which can be now bought at 29.99 at Best Buy. Even shipping to Europe it would be in the 50 USD level... and its exactly the same product... its a great product... but which behavior is best?... putting the cards on the table at the begining or after a few months bring a price of a product down 66%?Imagine that this was their only product...and then they would throw to the market past a few months a 89.95 upgrade to the advanced version... what would be more correct from where u stand? This strategy or their current one?Personally i think that Airsimmer is suffering too much from giving to the market too much info... in that aspect other companies have much more caution...also they are makin it clean... they clearly say there will be an advanced version... but if u only want basic functionality this one is enought and cheaper than Wilco.
Now to be fair...The PMDG MD-11's only competitor is the Overland, and there was/is no competition for the 747-400. I don't know about you, but I pay for quality.
Yeah.. you're right...no competion at all for PMDG. I must agree on that...What i mean with that was that if u wanted a good simulation of an Airbus, airsimmer was the only way to go... as the PMDG is to Boeing and MD.

It amazes me the price tag that developers are putting on their products right now. They keep on climbing, and with the US economy in the toilet, it's gonna be tough for many simmers to drop all that money on an addon.I'm not trying to bring down what they did at all...I remember when the payware addon market was 35-55 USD at most not even 5 years ago.Trust me, I understand the amount of work that goes into these products... but when is enough, enough?I believe it's only fair if AirSimmer offered an upgrade for those of you that purchased the basic version. They should have something where they offer the customers that purchased the basic edition a 30 dollar upgrade to the full thing, but only for those that purchased the basic first. Slashing 20 off is fair considering that they would already have the base product installed and are just missing a few perks, bug fixes and FS multiplatform compatibility.Either way, I think the full version will be on helluva product... but it looks like they jumped the gun on the basic, especially with no upgrade.Just my 2 cents.Emil
Emil, I wouldn't mind paying $39.95 for the Basic Edition and then another $50 when the Advanced Edition is eventually released. That would make my financial outlay $89.95. As it is now, if I wanted to buy the Basic Edition but REALLY wanted the Advanced, I'd end up paying $129.90 if I didn't seek a refund for the Basic Edition within 30 days of my purchase. Think about it - $129.90 or $89.95 for the same product (only difference being functionality). Why would you pay nearly $40 more? You don't get anything extra for that $40!LLPT_man, you really can't compare AirSimmer and PMDG - or any other developer for that matter. I'll bet they all use different software programs in developing their products, so their development costs will all be different. Same goes for development staff - they'll all undoubtedly have different staffing levels. PMDG are doing Boeing while AirSimmer are doing Airbus. Different systems to simulate - completely different. You simply can't compare one to the other simply in terms of price. It's impossible.

Emil, I wouldn't mind paying $39.95 for the Basic Edition and then another $50 when the Advanced Edition is eventually released. That would make my financial outlay $89.95. As it is now, if I wanted to buy the Basic Edition but REALLY wanted the Advanced, I'd end up paying $129.90 if I didn't seek a refund for the Basic Edition within 30 days of my purchase. Think about it - $129.90 or $89.95 for the same product (only difference being functionality). Why would you pay nearly $40 more? You don't get anything extra for that $40!
Wow, that is totally unfair. Now I can see why this place is on fire right now, can't blame you guys at all.Why on earth should they charge you an additional 40 for the same product? Really sounds like they don't give a hoot about this primary basic release.All I can say to those of you that purchased the basic edition is enjoy the beautiful virtual cockpit and the top notch sounds by Mr. Maarse.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif